As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i kinda wanna start venturing into men's jewelry

nothing wild for now

maybe a leather bracelet?

poo
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    so i have a hair appointment tomorrow to get my hair dyed some kinda inky dark blurple black

i have been using a clarifying shampoo and washing my hair multiple times over the past couple days, bumping up to trying the Vitamin C trick tonight:
    neon pastel coral
    fairly close to actual color, I think.
    hard to tell
    at night
    using a phone camera
    on the side of my head
    u513kznqgc8b.jpg
    at the consult on Wednesday, she was talking about maybe needing to use a color corrector (iirc, she wasn't even considering regular bleaching, so that's reassuring), and i'm trying to decide if i should do another round, or give my hair a nap (no time for a full 'rest') and just have her overdye it and hope for the best. it's not strawlike, but it's too dry for silky, more of a matte satin.

so i'm reluctant to let her go any harsher than clarifying shampoo; this is a new lady, and my anxiety's been acting up, so i can't tell if it's just that or a lack of connection with her making me cautious. she seemed kinda in her head, and i'm going with me giving her a puzzle/challenge to resolve on a short timeline rather than an instant distaste for me. (it is a rare but disconcerting experience; i'm pretty affable y'all, encountering people who hated my face unprompted rocked my young worldview. so for once, anxious paranoia has a basis in reality.)

color's a bit patchy, but i don't think i mind it, gives some dimension (i will tell myself) (i really don't think i care so long as it's not weird light blotches. but healthy > even & fried)

...i have yet to get the tux tailored or obtain suspenders :rotate:

but! i realized i can wear my floral brogues wingtips! i think a couple of my heels would also work, so i might wear those for the first time/in years
    letterboard says

FUCKIN'
    BREATHE
    <3

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I frigging love this jacket. It's cool and blustery today but I'm warm without overheating and it has big ass pockets and is lightweight but not puffy. Fuckin A.

78t8mzj1r6xs.jpg

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i had a jacket just like that but it was jean material and so cool AND THEN THE ZIPPER BROKE AND I CAN NEVER WEAR IT AGAIN WHY DO YOU HAUNT ME WITH THIS TRAGEDY

also, go you thas' badass

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Huckberry has Flint and Tinder mill pants on sale

https://huckberry.com/store/flint-and-tinder/category/p/53581-mill-pants

I ordered a pair

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My shirts came in.

Now to see if they make me look like the glazed holiday ham I suspect they will.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Uuuuuuuuuuuh

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm

The tees are alright. The polo and button tee will probably get the most use. The material feels kinda cheap but the cut is nice and for like, $6 I can't complain.

Juggernut on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    yo where’d you get that fuckin shower curtain from

EzUAYcn.png
    Amazon dot com.

I think I googled "hilariously single guy shower curtains" and there it was.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I believe it would be this shower curtain in particular

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    dammit my wife and i were looking for one like that but couldn’t find a good one

so we settled on a regular maritime one from ikea that has merchant ships and trade going on in it

EzUAYcn.png
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Hmmm

The tees are alright. The polo and button tee will probably get the most use. The material feels kinda cheap but the cut is nice and for like, $6 I can't complain.
    g6ckj5hzvwrc.jpg

l2h0xh789rcd.jpg

Sorry for garbage bathroom lighting. The button up is a dark navy.

good lord boy i am trying to stay happily fake married could you show a LITTLE restraint heavens the vapours done come on me

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Looking real trim there Jugs man, nice shirts

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    my shower curtain has a giant cartoon shark on it

it is very cool

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    My shirts came in.

Now to see if they make me look like the glazed holiday ham I suspect they will.
    So... delicious?

sig.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Had to go to the back up barbershop, I think they did an ok job

Haircuts always feel good
    pxe7ykuqvt3b.jpg

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Had to go to the back up barbershop, I think they did an ok job

Haircuts always feel good
    pxe7ykuqvt3b.jpg

They do! If I'm more down than normal sometimes I'll get a haircut even if I don't 'need' one. Just a few moments of rest and attention can really turn things around

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Spent the last week in chilly Melbourne for PAX and somehow managed to get through it without buying a bunch of new clothes, other than some pants and this neat jacket so I wouldn’t die.
    awddjsi65zlh.jpeg

is the jacket armoured? do you have recurring problems with assassins?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    One does not need armor when they have a beard such as that. That beard makes friends of enemies.

sig.gif
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    One does not need armor when they have a beard such as that. That beard makes friends of enemies.

That explains a lot about last saturday night...

Another good uniqlo collab https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women/jw-anderson

I’ve been good and not bought things recently
    Maybe I won’t buy anything until thanksgiving

poo
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hello fashion thread!

Please, be advised-

1: I fully intend to get involved with Secret Satans AND Secret Saints this year,

and

2: If I get you, unless you state otherwise, one of these hoodies will likely be a part of your gifts: https://lindafinegold.com/collections/hoodies/products/eat-her-ass-hoodie-black

jesus

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    How do people feel about Uniqlo's sizing of jeans? I need a few pairs and their pricing is attractive but I require higher waist sizes and I hear Uniqlo can run smaller than the designated size a bit. Also I do not have a store nearby so these will be internet purchases (they seem to have a quality return policy which is good).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Uniqlo sizing is usually perfect for me but I'm very skinny so that's probably the opposite of what you want. Some of them have shrunk in the wash on me too. Never had any issues with returns though

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    How do people feel about Uniqlo's sizing of jeans? I need a few pairs and their pricing is attractive but I require higher waist sizes and I hear Uniqlo can run smaller than the designated size a bit. Also I do not have a store nearby so these will be internet purchases (they seem to have a quality return policy which is good).

Their return policy is very good, which is nice because I've found their jeans just don't fit me at all, I usually go 33/34 waist and their 33/34 don't even get to the button to close around the waist for me. I find they do run small, as I got some Large shirts which fit a little tight (6', 200 lb, bit of a gut), and had to go up a size on a large jacket to XL to get something that fit right.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Hello fashion thread!

Please, be advised-

1: I fully intend to get involved with Secret Satans AND Secret Saints this year,

and

2: If I get you, unless you state otherwise, one of these hoodies will likely be a part of your gifts: https://lindafinegold.com/collections/hoodies/products/eat-her-ass-hoodie-black

I would feel really bad about it, but I would probably toss or donate that before wearing it

Uniqlo definitely design for smaller frames, but their returns are good so you can probably afford to just order a few options and return the ones that don't fit

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Hello fashion thread!

Please, be advised-

and

I would feel really bad about it, but I would probably toss or donate that before wearing it

If you get me in SuperSatans or SexySaints, just lemme know (mark NSFW as a "no" on your wishlist, for example) and I won't send you that hoodie. Like, I literally said "If I get you, unless you state otherwise, one of these hoodies will likely be a part of your gifts". I understand that not everybody wants a jumper which clearly proclaims their enthusiasm for tongue-punching fartboxes, I'm not a complete monster. I'll get you something else in your gift selection!

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'd wear that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't do hoodies, so that would be a no for me.

The woman sitting in front of me on the bus tonight had waist length hair, eyelashes as long as my thumb joint, and was carrying a black katana. #icon

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hello fashion thread!

Please, be advised-

and

ennnnnnh, looking into the other goods and then the guy's instagram, maybe no? no thank you.

to further clarify, i am not shitting on joke gifts or foul language (personally, i'd opt for I'm A Fucking Lady out of what's available), but the brand culture ain't something i want to support.)

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fashion thread, I have never really tried out pocket squares before but I'd like to wear one to a wedding tomorrow

With a medium grey suit and a burgundy tie, what's the rule on the square? I'm seeing conflicting advice online for if they should directly match or not

Edit: the balance seems to be leaning towards "don't match" but as I'm bad with colors I don't quite know what would complement it

Grey Ghost on
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Make it a complementary color to the tie, but not the same. You can also get more daring with the pocket square color than any other item, imo.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    if it's a patterned tie, just pick out one complementary color in the tie design, if it's solid, you can go with a patterned pocket square

don't go darker than your suit color (imo, but if you're on the lighter side of medium grey that's fine)

you also have the option of matching the pocket square with your shirt

uc3ufTB.png
    Somehow I got pen on my nice pants hmm
    Then
    I mistakenly used tide pen a bit on pants even when my instincts said I shouldn’t and should wait till I got home and used detergent or something
    It was a mistake of course
    I don’t listen to my instincts

I know tide pens are evil and risky

Rip

poo