As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    The drop off in VA and character quality after Zane is fucking depressing. We started an Amara for a bit and everything she says is downright boring.

I like the VA for FL4K and Zane. The story itself is pretty terrible but a lot of the sidequests are pretty decent. I'm honestly not sure what happened between BL2 and BL3 when it comes to writing. I think my issue is that in BL3 the attempts to be serious are fucking godawful. Obviously YMMV and I am enjoying the game a lot. I ran through first with FL4K with Amara close behind and also ran up a Zane. After first run though I alt tabbed all cutscenes. I can't think of a single main story cut scene that I liked.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    God , the pacing just completely falls apart at the end doesn’t it ? The last planet in particular is just annoying and I think I’ve just run by everything at that point every time. Now that I’m doing all the side missions it just seems to drag on and on.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    My brother found a Storm Front on his Zane and gave it to me for my Moze.

It's beautiful.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The drop off in VA and character quality after Zane is fucking depressing. We started an Amara for a bit and everything she says is downright boring.

I like the VA for FL4K and Zane. The story itself is pretty terrible but a lot of the sidequests are pretty decent. I'm honestly not sure what happened between BL2 and BL3 when it comes to writing. I think my issue is that in BL3 the attempts to be serious are fucking godawful. Obviously YMMV and I am enjoying the game a lot. I ran through first with FL4K with Amara close behind and also ran up a Zane. After first run though I alt tabbed all cutscenes. I can't think of a single main story cut scene that I liked.

Anthony Burch quit and the guy who did Battleborne took his place.

Its clear there were different writing teams though. Most Side quests and Eden 6 are far better written than any other story stuff

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    The problem is the villains. They are so pointless and silly. I keep on expecting someone else to kill them and reveal themselves as the real villain. But no, here are these idiots again.

Handsome Jack was a madman, but he was believable as an antagonist. He didn't need you to always be somewhere else to mean you couldn't kill him. These idiot twins feel like their real power is pointless plot armor.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    tbloxham wrote: »
    The problem is the villains. They are so pointless and silly. I keep on expecting someone else to kill them and reveal themselves as the real villain. But no, here are these idiots again.

Handsome Jack was a madman, but he was believable as an antagonist. He didn't need you to always be somewhere else to mean you couldn't kill him. These idiot twins feel like their real power is pointless plot armor.

It's pretty clear Troy was supposed to betray Tyreen but they completely dropped that storyline.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

It's pretty clear Troy was supposed to betray Tyreen but they completely dropped that storyline.
    Well, Katagawa is the new Jack but met his end early.

To me the villain is Typhoon. He could have prevented the tragedy by not keeping the Siren kids on a leash.

Let's see how important is family in BL4.

Maybe we'll have a battle royale mode. :P

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options

Well, Katagawa is the new Jack but met his end early.

To me the villain is Typhoon. He could have prevented the tragedy by not keeping the Siren kids on a leash.

Let's see how important is family in BL4.

Maybe we'll have a battle royale mode. :P

Even they admit he was right the universe is fucked and a siren would be a target for life. Tyreen was just enough of a sociopath to make it work for her

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I like tannis a lot more in this game than in bl2.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I know none of us are wowed by the story but am I the only one that thinks people are being a little too open with the spoilers?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Farmed general truant for several hours got a lot of stuff but none of the ones I was targeting. Is there any Xbox groups running the coliseums?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Any Amara players who feel the Phasegrasp range hasn’t changed at all since the patch? Because I’m pretty sure the Phasegrasp range hasn’t changed since the patch.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Any Amara players who feel the Phasegrasp range hasn’t changed at all since the patch? Because I’m pretty sure the Phasegrasp range hasn’t changed since the patch.

Make sure it's applied. It takes forever to load in. Hit the social menu button every so often

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    I like tannis a lot more in this game than in bl2.

Character wise yes , think she looked better in two.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

That can't possibly be worse.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Burch got bailed out because Jack was a huge hit and the memes didn’t grate until around the 2nd or third playthrough. BL3 doesn’t have anyone to carry the long stretches where nothing interesting happens narrative wise.

Edit - I suppose I should be clearer . Bl2 has a worse story but it’s shorter and has an antagonist that can distract you from how bad it is . Until you play 1000+ hours and you realize you hate everyone other then Torgue and Jack. BL3 is a little better but not much and lacks a huge central figure that can distract you from the bad. That said after 3 I am neutral with hammerlock and Ellie and seeing as how I hated them in two it shows how certain characters improved .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Unless you play Zane. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options

And yet

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Hammerlock/wainwright is v well done, IMO
    World 4 to the end is all bad
    Rhys is good
    Whatshername from the beginning of promethea is good
    Tannis is is good
    Ava should be fired from a cannon
    Maya is good
    Zero is excellent
    Vaughn is hit or miss

Antagonists can keep Ava company in the cannon

VishNub on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Rhys is good
    Tannis is is good
    Maya is good
    Zero is excellent
    Vaughn is hit or miss

Wainwright was great. Hammerlock not so much.
    Rhys was OK but could have been so much better.
    Lorelei was great and we should have had more of her.
    Tannis was good. Same joke as last time but it is well done.
    Vaugn is miss.

Agree with the rest. Ava just doesn't fit. She's in the wrong story and her hoodie just makes me think of Rick Moranis in Spaceballs.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    I dunno I don’t have anything against Lorelei but she isn’t Sasha so I just don’t care about her . Her and Rhys was my favorite part of tales. Nice Easter egg having her picture on his desk though . Maybe she will appear in a dlc.

• Options
    Rhys is good
    Tannis is is good
    Maya is good
    Zero is excellent
    Vaughn is hit or miss

First of all Vaughn cant br hit or miss because that implies he has hits.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Burch got bailed out because Jack was a huge hit and the memes didn’t grate until around the 2nd or third playthrough. BL3 doesn’t have anyone to carry the long stretches where nothing interesting happens narrative wise.

Edit - I suppose I should be clearer . Bl2 has a worse story but it’s shorter and has an antagonist that can distract you from how bad it is . Until you play 1000+ hours and you realize you hate everyone other then Torgue and Jack. BL3 is a little better but not much and lacks a huge central figure that can distract you from the bad. That said after 3 I am neutral with hammerlock and Ellie and seeing as how I hated them in two it shows how certain characters improved .

I couldn't stand Jack. not in a "Oh, he's a bad guy" way but "oh good gods just shut up" way

• Options
    It is not Anthony Burch's fault his writing was basically inflicted on people for 7 years. Gearbox refuses to make dialouge and cutscenes skippable. I dont fault anyone for being sick of 2 at this point but I maintain its still good writing not amazing but good.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    They need to make Mr. Torgue (or a relative, like a daughter) a playable character.

• Options
    Grandma torgue

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Grandma torgue

With exactly the same voice actor doing exactly the same voice

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I feel like Clay should've been a PC vault hunter. I'd listen to that dude talk all day while blasting bandits, his voice is so smooth.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Tvhm and mayhem 2 doesn't seem too bad until you get three annointed in your face while a badass off in the distance constantly shoots rockets at you.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    EDIT: Wrong thread

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Almost everyone is such a misanthropic psychopath in BL3, at all times. I’m kind of tired of the “don’t feel bad for killing X because X was an asshole anyway” dialogue at the end of literally every single mission. The only character that doesn’t come across as totally bonkers is Lilith and maybe your own character (at least Moze seems somewhat sane, but not even her totally).

The game has always been built around rampant psychopathy as a tone but I feel like they delved into it much deeper this time. Am I just misremembering? Maybe it just feels like the writers are completely aware of it and it’s just trying to justify it at every single step. It’s the constant patting me (the player) on the shoulder saying “it’s okay” that I find really jarring.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    So it would appear that the extension of the range for Amara’s Phasegrasp also doubled the range of Ties That Bind, a skill that deals 35% of the grasped damage to all enemies linked to the grasped target.

You might say say to me “Hey Spaffy that sounds broken as hell”

And I would say yes, yes it is broken as fuck, I am a god now

• Options
    To be fair that might also be down to this Hostile Crossroad I just got to drop, it’s insane, why do I need any other guns?!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    To be fair that might also be down to this Hostile Crossroad I just got to drop, it’s insane, why do I need any other guns?!

Its basically my main gun.

I also have a butcher and double shot Lyuda for non elemental needs.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    If into Typhon was played by Danny Devito.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    [img][/img]8MEzHNEh.png

Is there an issue with reloading your save and coming back to a bunch of dupe items?

I took this screenshot after opening the game back up with an inventory full of stuff last night. I've got 3 or 4 other duped pairs in my inventory not in that screenshot, too.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I also managed to get a 601 (!) Lucian's Call today as well as an upgrade to my Lyuda, and I really don't get the hype over either of them. LC in particular hits like a wet noodle to the extent that I don't think the "bullets back in the mag" mechanic compensates for, and Lyuda's only legit use is when an incapacitated boss exposes it's weak point. Anything else risks blowing half your ammo on misses (which is easy to do on console). Am I doing it wrong?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    For fuck’s sake, you can’t skip cutscenes again?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    For fuck’s sake, you can’t skip cutscenes again?

Yeah the devs are aware people don't like this, but I can't remember if you could ever skip them in 2 so uhh buckle up.

On top of that there are more "is a cutscene but not really but not skippable even if you could skip them" cutscenes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I wonder if they use those to mask the loading of the next area.

XBL - ArchSilversmith