As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    They are also very fast. And against some warbands with small numbers it may not be hard to have only 1 enemy model on your side of the board.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't play blood bowl and have had a vague interest in doing so {it's been way down the list}
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzlFsBl7Ro
    But the Lizardmen team really is tempting

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They also put up the rules pack and generic dice separately so you don’t need the boxed set to start anymore.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    They also put up the rules pack and generic dice separately so you don’t need the boxed set to start anymore.
    I saw
    I kind of want the lizardman field and from what I have seen it's the usual one and done printing by GW so..

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    'Gwaka'Moli Crater Gators'

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Their star players are:
    Anqui Panqui
    Dribl & Drul
    Glotl Stop
    (Also Helmut Wulf, Morg’n’thorg, and Zolcath the Zoat but we know those guys)

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I don't know why they renamed Silly Billy to Hanky-Panky. Except for Guard that's him.

Anyway, Nagash is such a petulant child. :) Blagh, Sigmar thinks his Stormacst on big horsies are cool? I'll make my own Stormcast on big horsies, but out of bones! And with three tails instead of one!
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/07/lords-of-the-ossiarch-bonereapers-revealedgw-homepage-post-2/

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    <resigned sigh as I accept the fact that I'm buying that Bone Bro shit>

• Options
    Nagash is all like I'm gonna turn these bones into the big bone (construct).

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Nagash is all like I'm gonna turn these bones into the big bone (construct).

They're the Bonercast Eternals.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Why the fuck am I wanting to buy them broreapers when I haven’t played AoS and would feel the need to buy the generals handbook etc, Jesus christ

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I hope bone bros get warcry support

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Draeven wrote: »
    Why the fuck am I wanting to buy them broreapers when I haven’t played AoS and would feel the need to buy the generals handbook etc, Jesus christ

Cause those models are fucking dope

Also GW would be insane to not give more factions war cry support.

(GW gimme my raaaaattssss.)

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I love the models and the motif but they don't look interesting to paint. I think I am still in though. I'm hoping I can go more elite focused with it...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'll likely add some skele-bros to my Nighthaunt for a shieldbone wall to keep my supports safe

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wait, was the Warcry box limited edition? It’s no longer on the GW website.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Wait, was the Warcry box limited edition? It’s no longer on the GW website.

Yeah, its been split up into pieces but qlmost every third party store should still have it in stock

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Whelp, going to have to grab it

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a great deal if you can grab one, I kinda regret not picking one up myself, but I don't really have the spare time to justify it! I suspect there will probably be another similar warcry box released at some point down the line, maybe with the two new warbands and some different terrain, like we see with Kill Team releases.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It's a great deal if you can grab one, I kinda regret not picking one up myself, but I don't really have the spare time to justify it! I suspect there will probably be another similar warcry box released at some point down the line, maybe with the two new warbands and some different terrain, like we see with Kill Team releases.

Yeah, there are still two unreleased warbands, Spire Tyrants and Scions of the Flame. Tyrants had a model revealed recently.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Yeah i’ll have to grab one while i can! Should have got one while they were still online, don’t fancy lugging it back home on the train

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    My local shop has 1 copy in stock

*yoink*

• Options
    I hope whoever designed the kickstand on the vanguard raptors crossbows feels really bad about what they've done.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Yeah i’ll have to grab one while i can! Should have got one while they were still online, don’t fancy lugging it back home on the train

I had to ride home on a bike since after a grocery run I popped into the gw store riding home with
    zzdlr4cvwq6t.jpg
    It was awkward because the brakes on that bike sucked and were in my opinion dangerous {they did not work most of the time}
    f5dbjd5owpho.png
    So it was awkward to ride home with it tucked under one arm riding home with it and groceries over the 7 miles of fun. So I have been working on my eels instead of the DoK army and to the cries of my brother and how they turned the high elf and wood elf armies into shadows of what they were. This is why he has some hope for the satyr elves [the ones that came in beastgrave} are the new flavor wood elves

• Options
    edited October 2019
    yeah but the tide mechanics look cool as fuck

Edit: also, I just opened the Warcry box

There is a shitload of plastic in this thing

Vanguard on
  • Options
    yeah but the tide mechanics look cool as fuck

Edit: also, I just opened the Warcry box

There is a shitload of plastic in this thing

So much plastic

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I hope whoever designed the kickstand on the vanguard raptors crossbows feels really bad about what they've done.

Why, specifically? I mean they look massively over-designed for a monopod but at least they don’t fold over the ‘string’ or something.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Why, specifically? I mean they look massively over-designed for a monopod but at least they don’t fold over the ‘string’ or something.

Its a huge bitch to get the angle and height of the crossbow just right so that the stand fits right, but they designed the stand so that you can't really cut its height down and its a super weak point in the model.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Its a huge bitch to get the angle and height of the crossbow just right so that the stand fits right, but they designed the stand so that you can't really cut its height down and its a super weak point in the model.

At least now you know what to write on next year's GW community survey.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    372d1ordngpa.jpg

*takes fat soulbong rip*

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I am loving everything I see from this army.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Sounds like hes an artillery support hero, and I fell for that doctrine with pestilens, never again if I can help it....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So I finally started painting my goblins. Figured with 40k being Iron Handsy for a bit and the new book coming out with all the battleplans, it was a good time.

I’ve only played one game with my goblins, and what I have is a real mish mash. I kind of want to play squigs, but I’m thinking of using the bottom list as I already own most of it.

Skagrott- General-Hand Of Gork
    Loonboss-Prodder
    Fungoid Shaman-Great Green Spite

60 Stabbas with spears
    60 Stabbas with spears
    20 Shootas
    Gobbapalooza
    10 fanatics
    5 sporesplatter
    12 snuffles
    Malevolent Moon.

The basic idea is you buff both units of Stabbas with +1 attacks, give one rerolls to charge,1’s to wound and another attack. Then you fling it across the board, unleash the fanatics and try and charge them in. The idea is to sandwhich the opponent between grots and win on objectives. In theory this list should have a decent command point regen to support keeping the hordes up.

I have zero idea how effective this is on the table though. I feel like 60 bodies with a 5+ save and -2 to hit (with full buffs) should be pretty tricky to shift, and then having to do it again, twice should be ok?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    *takes fat soulbong rip*

"This chair is walkin'!

There's a ghost an' it's laughin' at me!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I don't play blood bowl and have had a vague interest in doing so {it's been way down the list}
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzlFsBl7Ro
    But the Lizardmen team really is tempting

Waitin for Chaos Dwarfs, though I might pick up a Skaven team. I'll have to ask around and see what kind of local community there is for Blood Bowl. I do like collecting minis for its own sake on one level, but I do prefer being able to play with them if I can help it :P

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So I finally started painting my goblins. Figured with 40k being Iron Handsy for a bit and the new book coming out with all the battleplans, it was a good time.

I’ve only played one game with my goblins, and what I have is a real mish mash. I kind of want to play squigs, but I’m thinking of using the bottom list as I already own most of it.

Looks decent to me, grot hordes are generally a pretty solid, if fiddly, way to a good win ratio with Gloomspite. I don't rate the gobbapalooza very highly, but the models are gorgeous so I can understand throwing them in! I'd be tempted to try find a way to squeeze in a mangle squig as a bruiser if possible, perhaps.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Looks decent to me, grot hordes are generally a pretty solid, if fiddly, way to a good win ratio with Gloomspite. I don't rate the gobbapalooza very highly, but the models are gorgeous so I can understand throwing them in! I'd be tempted to try find a way to squeeze in a mangle squig as a bruiser if possible, perhaps.

I kind of wanted to fit in a big squad of Fel Water Troggs and have them follow behind the nets to give some grunt but it didn’t quite work with the points. The Gobapoloza was mainly for the shroommancer and it’s spell, an effect which otherwise is only available through the Hag.

Part of me thinks there must be a list there somewhere that combines all of those, nets, hag, shroomancer and Fel Waters to stack negatives to hit across the board.

• Options
    Picked up Cypher Lords too

These models rock

• Options
    Picked up Cypher Lords too

These models rock

Only complain ive heard is that they can be hard to tell apart if you paint them per box.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I remembered I had a bunch of corkboard so I’m modeling my Cypher Lords to make it look like they’re jumping a crossing chasms and landing on cliff faces and shit

Go Three armed ninjas of madness

This discussion has been closed.