As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stole from my retail shop and now freaking out

sanchezmarkbishopsanchezmarkbishop Registered User new member
I work at a small retail pharmacy in Canada.
So here is what happened.
I am an international student in Canada and work part time at this small store.I dont know what got into me that day but I stole a halls packet from the front.Then I went back home and felt super guilty.So the next day when I got back to work I grabbed a halls from near the counter and scanned it and paid for it.
Now here is the problem.I am scared that the manager might somehow find out about this.He said loss prevention would be coming into the store to do something.The mere mention of loss prevention is making me shit my pants.Its hard to get a job in canada for an international student and with a criminal record it would be near to impossible.Also there are other permanent residence related issues that will come up with a criminal record.
What should I do in this case?
I feel extremely guilty and have learnt my lesson but if I get caught what should I do?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Don’t say anything, if questioned request an attorney. Don’t be a spaz. If youve paid for it they are made whole. Quit telling people. Including the internet.

zepherin on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    You paid for it. You should be silent, not freak out, and not fucking steal anything ever again. You're a Canadian guest, act like a guest.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    The dude already said he felt guilty, I don't see any need to pile on chastising.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    There's no way Loss Prevention is showing up over a single packet of decongestants that were missing for less than twenty four hours, it's probably about something else.

Now, looks like you learned your lesson and you made it right so shut your mouth and stop telling people about it.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Halls cough sweets are worth like 50 pence for a little tube/packet here in the UK. If you went back and paid for what you took, realising it was wrong... I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If you end up in legal trouble you should consult a lawyer, but you probably won't.

That's about the best we can give you here.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.