As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[South Park]? They still make that?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    It sometimes surprises me a bit when I remember how just how long South Park has been around.

I never really feel old until I remember that some adults I know weren't even born when the shows I remember as a kid were new.

The show's age fed the best joke of the latest episode.
    Stan: "You want to sign us so we can make a record?"
    Producer: "Records? What, are you kids from the '90s?"
    *brief, awkward stares*

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    It sometimes surprises me a bit when I remember how just how long South Park has been around.

I never really feel old until I remember that some adults I know weren't even born when the shows I remember as a kid were new.

Now you're making me feel old, I remember catching the first season when I was starting university.

Way back in 1998, playing Goldeneye and South Park 4-player in the dorms.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujXJmc005cs

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Way back in 1998, playing Goldeneye and South Park 4-player in the dorms.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujXJmc005cs
    Playing as Ike was a tactical advantage in that game

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'd always take Mr. Mackey because I was a masochist.

• chosenofsotekchosenofsotek Registered User regular
    Looks like the latest episode got South Park banned in China.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/07/south-park-band-in-china-banned-censorship/

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Good. Honestly, it isn't South Park without a decent controversy, and is refreshing to find someone not sucking up to Xi.

And looking at the NBA thing, Christ. When even motherfucking Ted Cruz can say that you are a bootlicking coward and be supported and on the same side as Julian Castro you know that is bad.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The NBA has massively invested and had huge global expansion plans (for their product) in China and who could have thought that hitching your wagon to an authoritarian regime might have some downsides.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Randy taking out Winnie the Pooh was pretty great.

camo_sig2.png
    Weird, watching the news this morning they're claiming that Southpark is actually apologizing alongside the NBA...did they just not read that "apology"?

camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2019
    Heir wrote: »
    Weird, watching the news this morning they're claiming that Southpark is actually apologizing alongside the NBA...did they just not read that "apology"?

Don't be silly. Of course they didn't.

TryCatcher on
  • SealSeal Registered User regular
    Anyone else want to see more of Stans band?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I liked this week's episode a lot. Especially as a followup to the China thing.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I love how little time it took Mr. Marsh to sell out his Tegridy.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Fucking hell, Cartman's mother is the absolute worst when it comes to enabling his horrific behaviour.
    I would shoot the fucker with a sleep dart, then immunise him that way. Though the whole 'greased-up-pig rodeo' thing was kind of hilarious.

This episode made me realise, again, how much I hate stupid anti-vaxxers.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got Uplay+ and so I decided to give the fractured butthole a try. I liked Stick of Truth a lot, but the sequel came out when I was getting tired of South Park's style of bullshit so I never bothered with it.

It's pretty fun? I've actually laughed occasionally and it's only done some stupid unfunny garbage a few times. It's definitely funnier than the show was around the time I stopped watching.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Biggest thing about the RPGs is the lack of preachy bullshit. Sure its still all the same political subtext but at least its subtext that you can choose to take as seriously as you want.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Fractured But Whole's music was also way better than you'd think that kind of game would have.

They improved the combat system, that was my main gripe with the first game.

I’d love a third release eventually. Maybe visit Tegridy farms?

camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2019
    The best moment of the episode by far:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vyo4urabLw

Now that's some Tegridy.

TryCatcher on
    Fuck the Chinese Government.

That was so wonderful, it really warmed my heart.

camo_sig2.png
    I know it has stiff competition but is Mitch Connor the dumbest idea South Park has ever had?

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I love Mitch Connor, what are you talking about?

Mitch Connor was great...

camo_sig2.png
    Aistan wrote: »
    I know it has stiff competition but is Mitch Connor the dumbest idea South Park has ever had?
    Nah, like half of South Park episodes are about stopping Cartman's latest plot, so the whole thing is just a degree of separation.

I wasn't making a statement of quality, though I also don't like him.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I wonder... will I dream?

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I got Uplay+ and so I decided to give the fractured butthole a try. I liked Stick of Truth a lot, but the sequel came out when I was getting tired of South Park's style of bullshit so I never bothered with it.

It's pretty fun? I've actually laughed occasionally and it's only done some stupid unfunny garbage a few times. It's definitely funnier than the show was around the time I stopped watching.

The biggest issue I had with it was that I'd already played Stick of Truth so many times, i didn't really want to explore South Park all over again (same walk in house and explore mechanic). The overall story wasn't quite as good, but the fight mechanics and music were way better. The boss fights were top notch.

If they ever do another one, they really need to keep to South Park as little as possible and add a bunch of new locations.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

The biggest issue I had with it was that I'd already played Stick of Truth so many times, i didn't really want to explore South Park all over again (same walk in house and explore mechanic). The overall story wasn't quite as good, but the fight mechanics and music were way better. The boss fights were top notch.

If they ever do another one, they really need to keep to South Park as little as possible and add a bunch of new locations.

South Park without the South Park, Co?

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Harvest Moon only it's Tegridy Farms

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Are we getting a good Halloween episode next week?

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Damn you for putting this game I cannot play right now into the ether.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The thing with The Fractured But Whole is that yes, it does repeat a lot of areas, and no I'm not sure how they get around that. They could move it to another area, but a lot of the fun comes from exploring their pre-fab fantasy locations and the iconic areas from the show. They did change it up, add things like SodaSopa and so on, I imagine any new game would immediately include Tegridy Farms and lots of weed-related bosses. In the same vein they're not afraid to change things up and set things aboard spaceships and in Canada. There are also loads of locations they haven't used like South Park Broadway, I'm not sure we ever got to go to the mall, I think that was still being built in the game, etc, etc. Stan has moved in the show so locations will change. I can't even remember the last time Kenny was around.

There are other real world locations that they have explored in the show so maybe they could set up a travel system to allow you to move between areas or the story would just take you to those areas temporarily as part of it. I figure that any new South Park game will be the final game in this particular series as a neat, rounded off trilogy so they will probably go all out on it.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Damn you for putting this game I cannot play right now into the ether.

I am just going to guess that there are a ton of weed mods for Stardew and feel confident in that guess

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508