As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] launches Aug 27 <Sixteen Daggers> Alliance PVE -> Pagle

1234568»

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that's me!

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm on mankrik and I haven't seen a queue in like a week

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I feel like I would play this if I had a sub, but I just can't afford to toss that money around.

Also what are the hardware requirements? Modern or classic?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the minimum requirements are roughly equal to a PC from 2010, but if you crank everything up, it's retail specs

anecdotally, it runs on a laptop @ classic settings very well

since the thread is bumped I would like to note that of the things I've learned/remembered from Vanilla, the most significant is... the Horde has an insane advantage in the mid game. The amount of premium flight paths they get all over the map in the 20-40 range is staggering

on this basis alone, I have a lot more affinity for the Horde than I ever though possible, given how grindy levelling can be... having that FP to save you an extra 5 minutes per run is big

my preconceived notion was like.. I'm 90/10 in favor of the Alliance generally... but given the experiences I've had that's down to maybe just 60/40

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Alliance flight paths are ass. I really miss my Horde patterns.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm glad we have Thorium Point in this build at least

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah but alliance get paladins which immediately makes up for all that because of blessing of wisdom and judgement of wisdom.

all that yummy yummy mana raid wide

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Protip when you go to ashenvale go into azashara and get that fp because it's the only one that connects to ratchet from up north

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    the more conventional approach is to get theramore (take the boat!) which connects to Darkshore and Ratchet

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I have to get off my butt and lookup how to do the Doomguard quest.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Oh, and grats to @Bizazedo for first to hit 60!

I'm a big level 25. Having two weeks vacation shortly after classic release, rip.

OrokosPA.png
    I just hit level 34 and this is the first part of the game where I have more gold than levels.
    I'm trying really hard to save up for a mount at 40, so I think I can afford the riding skill, but I don't know how expensive the warlock mount quest will be.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I just hit level 34 and this is the first part of the game where I have more gold than levels.
    I'm trying really hard to save up for a mount at 40, so I think I can afford the riding skill, but I don't know how expensive the warlock mount quest will be.

The 40 mount for warlocks and paladins is just the cost of the spell. 60 silver I think?

edited September 2019
    Awesome, then I can start saving up for the epic mount which I have heard is very expensive, though I heard that quest isn't in the game yet.

Psykoma on
    edited September 2019
    i'm level 44.0000001

if I just quest and grind, i get about half a level a night, but I also remind myself that Ulda, ZF, ST, and early BRD are massive XP bombs, and the level 50+ zones tend to be pretty generous on XP as you start grazing up against the end game quests

so I think I've probably got about 1 solid week remaining of truly brutal unsupported grind... and once BRD+WPL+EPL+Winterspring sink their hooks into me it will probably be a pretty quick trip to 60

Jasconius on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Which 1 - 30 zones have the best flavor

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    They're all vanilla.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »

Oooh, that's tough.

Duskwood, Westfall, and Darkshore are probably my personal favorites in terms of ambiance, use of color, etc.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I'm partial to westfall since I'm alliance but the barrens has some good storylines too. As much as I like the whole quillboar saga, the defias are such an epic part of the alliance history that it's great to re-experience the original story.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

flavor is in the eye of the beholder.... Darkshore is not a very efficient leveling zone but I think its quests are actually pretty good

Redridge and Duskwood are super story driven. i guess those are probably the main ones. Wetlands is a great zone but its story is mostly "there are enemies here, kill them"

Thank you all

I'm currently playing an Undead character until I'm done with Silverpine Forest and then I'm going to create an Alliance character and do Teldrassil and Darkshore

Did WC3 ever go into detail why the Forsaken want to kill all the living, I never played Frozen Throne

Because they never seem to give a reason

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The forsaken are just actually Evil

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think you mean morally grey

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Every quest in the forsaken zones is a war crime the rest of the horde turns a blind eye to

2x39jD4.jpg
    morally! grey!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    They really are just plain ol' evil, which is a shame, because they weren't written that way in WC3. They were written as, well, forsaken. By their country and kin. That could've been a real interesting narrative.

borb_sig.png
    Well it seems weird that they'd be so open about their eventual plans for the other Horde races, I would've guessed it would be some sort of big secret

it would be weird if blizzard had anyone who could write

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    CORRUPTION

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    In the months prior to WoW's release I'd actually assumed that it would just have the same faction division as WC3.

"Alliance" - Humans, Dwarves, High Elves
    "Horde" - Orcs, Tauren, Trolls
    Night Elves as a separate faction.
    and, of course, Scourge.

I was super stoked to play Undead Scourge.

But all I got was Forsaken.

RT800 on
    edited October 2019
    I might be imagining things but I'm getting a feeling the quests with the truly abysmal drop rates roll around whenever there's a lack of other content in the area

Platy on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Apparently after TFT everyone on Blizzards writing staff forgot how to write interesting stories with compelling characters and a nuanced approach to good and evil. It's always been baffling to me just how much of their writing became so shit after TFT and Brood War. Not that I'm saying those are works of literary genius, but they were at least, you know, good.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I think the transition from writing more focused little stories for real time strategy games to the sheer volume of words required for WoW fucked them up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    The “rule of cool” has pretty much always been the end-all-be-all for Blizzard. They’re out to make shit epic; good is more of an afterthought.

<Sixteen Daggers> is gaining more and more 60s, Dire Maul is out and rocking, and we set our raid schedule!

Wednesday / Saturday will be the nights, currently looking like 8pm server/eastern. Plans are to get those going soon so you have some time to catch up if you haven't joined us yet. We are alliance on Pagle PVE.

https://discord.gg/k6FvH8v

OrokosPA.png
    *we need healers

Jasconius wrote: »
    *we need healers

We got so many tanks/offtanks.

OrokosPA.png