As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I am really tired of -100% damage to my guns in mayhem 3. Other then that farming has been going well today , lots of cool stuff. Also found out there is a Jacobs revolver that is a firefly reference , and it’s good so of course I’m using its.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I wonder if they use those to mask the loading of the next area.

Possibly.

I’d honestly rather sit at a silent loading screen.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Finished PL1

So, should I run Mayhem until I hit 50 and then hit TVHM, and then Mayhem as I can with that?

I shouldn't TVHM until 50 so that I'm not getting underleveled quest rewards, right?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Zomro wrote: »
    I feel like Clay should've been a PC vault hunter. I'd listen to that dude talk all day while blasting bandits, his voice is so smooth.

Like, if they ever want a excuse to bring back any of the dead VH's kits, I feel like Nisha's kit would fit perfectly on him thematically. Just would have to be modernized a bit.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Finished PL1

So, should I run Mayhem until I hit 50 and then hit TVHM, and then Mayhem as I can with that?

I shouldn't TVHM until 50 so that I'm not getting underleveled quest rewards, right?

Come to think about it, are Eridian writings readable on TVHM from the start?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Finished PL1

Come to think about it, are Eridian writings readable on TVHM from the start?

Yes

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Spent a couple hours today farming Class Mods in order to try different build ideas and am still flabbergasted by videos I see of people crushing Slaughter Shaft. I suppose part of it is skill but even critting I seem to have less than half the DPS of these Youtubers.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Spent a couple hours today farming Class Mods in order to try different build ideas and am still flabbergasted by videos I see of people crushing Slaughter Shaft. I suppose part of it is skill but even critting I seem to have less than half the DPS of these Youtubers.

A good roll on mods and a top tier gun ( the usual suspect is the cutsman SMGs) will destroy anything and make it easy . Hell I’ve seen a cutsman instakill gravemind while under a -100% damage penalty.

Speaking of gear I spent 3-4 hours farming red jabber to see if I could get the recurring hex everyone is so keen on no dice. I did however pick up a bunch of other grenade mods including a pretty good storm front which was my favorite from bl2.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Finished PL1

I went straight into tvhm.

The only quest reward I cared about that wasn’t lvl 50 was cloud kill at the end of promethea (lvl 47). I don’t think there’s anything even worth keeping before that. I guess any legendary world drops you might get, but that’s the same either way.

All that said, I plan to do what you said for my second character.

• Options
    On that note I’m powering through main quest missions on this second play through, which has the somewhat annoying consequence of all my drops being 2-3 levels ahead of me, so I can’t use any of it.

Also I just did warden again, and apparently I’m so low on damage that I couldn’t finish him in time. So he leveled up and fully healed on me.

Four times.

Fortunately there’s apparently a cap.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    On that note I’m powering through main quest missions on this second play through, which has the somewhat annoying consequence of all my drops being 2-3 levels ahead of me, so I can’t use any of it.

Also I just did warden again, and apparently I’m so low on damage that I couldn’t finish him in time. So he leveled up and fully healed on me.

Four times.

That happened on my first playthrough with moze ,I wonder if letting him level up is a good way to farm stuff in mayhems 3.

• Options
    edited October 2019

A good roll on mods and a top tier gun ( the usual suspect is the cutsman SMGs) will destroy anything and make it easy . Hell I’ve seen a cutsman instakill gravemind while under a -100% damage penalty.

Speaking of gear I spent 3-4 hours farming red jabber to see if I could get the recurring hex everyone is so keen on no dice. I did however pick up a bunch of other grenade mods including a pretty good storm front which was my favorite from bl2.

I'm currently working on Zane and it is early times and there is much to improve on but whatever Cutsman I have is definitely not the answer. I'm thinking my Crossroad could get there with a bit more damage and a much shorter reload time or more bullets. I think you can get a 40% mag size on an artifact which is what I need to look for. My problem is that things just die too slow and in the Slaughter Shaft, if you don't kill fast Annointed show up which is doom. Edit-- this is on Mayhem 1. I can't even think about 3 but people are absolutely wrecking it. Continues to boggle my mind.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options

I'm currently working on Zane and it is early times and there is much to improve on but whatever Cutsman I have is definitely not the answer. I'm thinking my Crossroad could get there with a bit more damage and a much shorter reload time or more bullets. I think you can get a 40% mag size on an artifact which is what I need to look for. My problem is that things just die too slow and in the Slaughter Shaft, if you don't kill fast Annointed show up which is doom. Edit-- this is on Mayhem 1. I can't even think about 3 but people are absolutely wrecking it. Continues to boggle my mind.

I farmed the truant brothers for all my zane gear, if you have a transformer shield ( drop or quest from the side characters on the last planet ) general truant has a 50% chance to heal your shield whenever he attacks . Just have to dodge his acid attacks. Plus when farming general there is no boss run. Teleport to the ruins go through the door and boom there is a little side path back up to the boss. Hope that helps.

• Options

I farmed the truant brothers for all my zane gear, if you have a transformer shield ( drop or quest from the side characters on the last planet ) general truant has a 50% chance to heal your shield whenever he attacks . Just have to dodge his acid attacks. Plus when farming general there is no boss run. Teleport to the ruins go through the door and boom there is a little side path back up to the boss. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I do have the shield. I'll give it a shot. My current farming for gear is Ravager doing the slam trick and although effective it is getting pretty boring.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Armor is such a pain to remove from enemies. Armored jabbers in particular.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Armor is such a pain to remove from enemies. Armored jabbers in particular.

This is the only reason I care about cloud kill

• Options
    I just did a circle of slaughter for the first time. With four players on mayhem 2 I got one legendary through two whole rounds? That seems terrible?

Of course it crashed and I got kicked out, but am I missing something?

Boss farming seems way faster for both guardian ranks and loot?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Four times.

That happened on my first playthrough with moze ,I wonder if letting him level up is a good way to farm stuff in mayhems 3.

Near as anyone can tell there's no actual loot increase for goliaths thia time at least not any named ones

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    So I had posted about that Storm Front I'd gotten the other night and how awesome it was. It's still pretty awesome, but last night I got a Recurring Hex with radiation elememt from a Moxxi slot machine. So I throw the grenade, it splits into two and then each of those grenades becomes three MIRV grenades that proceed to home in and zap enemies to death.

It's so good, you guys.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    So I had posted about that Storm Front I'd gotten the other night and how awesome it was. It's still pretty awesome, but last night I got a Recurring Hex with radiation elememt from a Moxxi slot machine. So I throw the grenade, it splits into two and then each of those grenades becomes three MIRV grenades that proceed to home in and zap enemies to death.

It's so good, you guys.

Nah its bad you should trade it to me for one of my 50 Malaks Bane.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I had my first Hex drop last night. Sadly not MIRV or Reoccuring, but man, I can totally see why people like it.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    I had my first Hex drop last night. Sadly not MIRV or Reoccuring, but man, I can totally see why people like it.

Even clone is a good all purpose grenade. Moze needs mirv or recurring to slaughter all life though

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    For shits and giggles I got myself a Sellout last night. It's a decent Maliwan pistol, but some of Tyreen's lines recorded for it are gold. Personal favorite is:

"God-queen Tyreen, coming at ya live from the hands of this asshole!"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I played poker with the devil... now I’m back AND I can now play the saxophone !

Zane’s lines are such goofy fun.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    For shits and giggles I got myself a Sellout last night. It's a decent Maliwan pistol, but some of Tyreen's lines recorded for it are gold. Personal favorite is:

"God-queen Tyreen, coming at ya live from the hands of this asshole!"

The Sellout is so good though.

It makes me miss Bane from BL2. I loved that gun

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So I retooled my build yesterday and I’m enjoying the game a lot more. I’m playing as Moze and I was using the shield bearer tree for some reason. I’m mostly playing solo, so, I went with the Bottomless Mags/flamethrower build.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I haven't used it yet but the handsome Jackhammer is apparently a talking gun with the Jack AI in it.

Presumably like the Genivive sheild its from a cut quest where it was a reward

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular

I genuinely don't understand it. I have a pretty solid Cutsman and even under favorable Mayhem mods, it goddamn sure isn't dropping Graveward in 1/10th the time that I'm usually seeing in videos. It'll strip the shield of a badass in about 2 or 3 shots, and is easily my best overall weapon for mobbing, but I simply don't know where all this extra damage is coming from that I see showcased by content creators.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I haven't used it yet but the handsome Jackhammer is apparently a talking gun with the Jack AI in it.

I was thinking Handsome Jackie could drop that one as loot.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Kasyn wrote: »

I genuinely don't understand it. I have a pretty solid Cutsman and even under favorable Mayhem mods, it goddamn sure isn't dropping Graveward in 1/10th the time that I'm usually seeing in videos. It'll strip the shield of a badass in about 2 or 3 shots, and is easily my best overall weapon for mobbing, but I simply don't know where all this extra damage is coming from that I see showcased by content creators.

I haven’t found one yet ( not for lack of trying mind you) so I didn’t know that it instakilling people wasn’t the normal . And for more bad news they are planning on nerfing the hellwaker next patch. Lyuda is also getting hammered.

• Options

I was thinking Handsome Jackie could drop that one as loot.

She does but I feel like that was a last minute thing.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I just did a circle of slaughter for the first time. With four players on mayhem 2 I got one legendary through two whole rounds? That seems terrible?

This is the reduced version. Like I when I did CoS on mayhem 1 by myself I would routinely get 1 or 2 from a round prior to the reduction of drops.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

This is the reduced version. Like I when I did CoS on mayhem 1 by myself I would routinely get 1 or 2 from a round prior to the reduction of drops.

On a stream the viewers asked a gearbox rep about storage space and he looked like he just shit himself so I'm convinced more than ever they lowered drop rates because they don't have a storage solution fix or even a plan for one yet

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They still don't let you skip cutscenes despite literally everyone wanting to. They got a lot of issues they need to work on.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »

Same.

I've put together a lot of the "kill GW in 2 sec" builds for Moze, and now Amara too... And it just doesn't happen for me.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My problem with the circle of slaughter is I run out of ammo at the end of wave 2

How did they not put respawning ammo boxes in there

• Options
    The timing on the cutsman is weird for me. I can do the crit swap but for the fast kill you need to basically unload a whole clip and I cant do that fast enough for them all to connect

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I did Circle of Slaughter once and got one legendary, then went and killed GW in 10 seconds and got 4 legendaries.

• Options
    My problem with the circle of slaughter is I run out of ammo at the end of wave 2

How did they not put respawning ammo boxes in there

you can run up to the start and rebuy ammo before hitting the button again

• Options
    I did find that the lost loot machine transfers between characters, so if you clear some stuff on your level 50, leave the drops, then switch to a new character, you can get pretty far into the SDU upgrades very early. Which helps with muling, and also with not running out of ammo constantly at low level.