As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I think that's how I'm going to start ending all the dumb questions I ask in the tech thread.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

Once when I was little my mom asked me to make the coffee, and of course I understood her instructions perfectly - filter, stuff from the coffee can, water, wait a few minutes, milk and sugar, bring it to her in bed.

Turns out the coffee can on the stove was the one they put their leftover grease in when cooking, the one in the cupboard was the one with coffee in it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

I'm going to start using that whenever I have a really dumb question to ask

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So my roommate works in a tire shop... apparently a dog just waltzed on in when their door was open yesterday. She was soaking wet.

no tag or chip

K61BIP1l.png

dWw9Tpil.png

The local animal shelter hasn't had a report of a missing dog. One of the neighbors to the tire shop said she's been wandering around for a month or so. She's definitely a bit on the thin side. She's super friendly and loves people too.

So right now it's 50/50 that she's local and sneaks out frequently enough (huskies/klee kai are like that), or, someone has abandoned her because these kinds of dogs are super high energy and maintenance and a lot of people don't know what they're signing up for. She stayed with us last night and got along great with the husky and malamute, they played and tuckered themselves out. She's also potty trained.

The regional manager of the tire shop has expressed an interest in adopting her, so at least she'll have a good home if we can't find her original family (they already have a shepherd).

They found her owners.

She apparently bolted out the door one day after they were returning home. She's been lost for 3 months at this point supposedly.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

Once when I was little my mom asked me to make the coffee, and of course I understood her instructions perfectly - filter, stuff from the coffee can, water, wait a few minutes, milk and sugar, bring it to her in bed.

Turns out the coffee can on the stove was the one they put their leftover grease in when cooking, the one in the cupboard was the one with coffee in it.

My brother once decided to make chocolate fudge. My mum made it fairly regularly and he had helped her so he was confident he could do it himself.

He followed the recipe and the fudge came out perfect, except

the brown powder he found in the pantry wasn't cocoa like he thought

it was instant gravy

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

My brother once decided to make chocolate fudge. My mum made it fairly regularly and he had helped her so he was confident he could do it himself.

it was instant gravy

...I'm not the only one who wants to know what that tastes like, right?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

it was instant gravy

Probably like Bovril.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

it was instant gravy

is where we post beef cake again

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    phqe8wc4c23u.jpg

Oof, that twist ending

it was instant gravy

is where we post beef cake again

I was told no more selfies

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Looks like an ample bear harvest this year:

TUQksLa.jpg

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wanna pick me a bushel o' bears.

I get mad that bears are perfect killing machines that would hollow me out like a Cadbury cream egg because they're basically big ole fat sharp dogs.

Juggernut on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

I want to play with him he's like a ferret dog hybrid

Mx. Quill on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Look at dem paws

Look at dem

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Looks like an ample bear harvest this year:

TUQksLa.jpg

I remember this quest from WoW.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I remember this quest from WoW.

You only get a beartooth from every 4th bear.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    The greater North American murder hedge claims yet another victim.
    The slow, patient hunting method all the more insidious for the inevitability of the kill.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I've been to the Osaka Aquarium.

It fucking owns. They have a tank with fucking whale sharks in it.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Is having something as big as a whale shark in captivity a good point

Psykoma on
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is having something as big as a whale shark in captivity a good point

Well. the Osaka aquarium has had two whale sharks for 17 years, and they're still in good health so unlike certain open ocean sharks (like great whites, which are unused to turning or limiting their territory and as such will bump their noses into aquarium walls until they get cartilege damage) whale sharks will do fine in a sufficiently large aquarium.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    That's nice to hear, interested in seeing that at some point in my life

Mind you. They don't keep very big whale sharks (the Osaka whale sharks are between 4 and 5 meters long) and the tanks are massive. The Osaka tank contains 5,5 million liters, the Okinawa tank contains 7.5 million liters and the Georgia aquarium contains 24 million liters. And those are pretty much the only whale shark aquariums I would consider ethical to visit.

Note that all of them keep dolphins (and beluga whales in the case of the Georgia aquarium) so if you don't consider it ethical to keep dolphins in aquariums I wouldn't visit any of them.

Here is a video of the Okinawa Aquarium whale shark tank that I've had in my favorites for 10 years because it is so beautiful and relaxing
    https://youtu.be/u7deClndzQw

The hunter has become the hunted:

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Seeing a hairless cat lying on a fur blanket is...something.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Hello where do I apply to be Bunsen's full-time paw holder

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I hope nobody has to insult Bunsen for their job

you know, a Bunsen Burner

edited October 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I hope nobody has to insult Bunsen for their job

you know, a Bunsen Burner

Don't be daft, you can't burn a berner.

tynic on
    Karoz wrote: »

that face is just a perfect "Could you fucking not, Linda?"

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular

This discussion has been closed.