As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh dang, Dream Summon is back. I ended up getting Freyja from it. Been wanting her for forever and figure this is way better than trying to get lucky on the dumb dragon banner (and heck, if the upcoming free weekend summons gives me another one, that's just a merge)

BTW, new items in void summon treasure trade. Some key fragments which is nice

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Any recommendations on the Dream Summon for units to help with Void Agni? That seems to be the only Void battle that's giving me a headache.
    Right now my water team is:
    Xander with a Scorch Resist weapon
    Elisanne with a Skill Resist-proof weapon (Lance is technically ranged enough to avoid his Scorch but I'm wondering if I should swap this because it is hard to find that sweet spot)
    Lily with best water wand (I don't think there is a Skill-resist water wand?)
    Aeleen for healing with my best water staff

I think since there's no good wand for this event (unless I missed it), I could probably swap Lily for something? And then maybe put a Scorch resist lance on Elisanne instead of a skill resistance one.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I usually do Void Agni as a co-op because the AI is stupid about not overlapping the purple zones on the first attack and then hiding on the big attack.

The trick to doing it solo is to make sure you break Agni out of overdrive before he can do the cornonal ignition attack. So get Xander a wyrmprint that helps with his force striking another one with gauge accelerator and force strike the crap out of Agni when he's in overdrive mode.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'm going to do the dream summon for sure. But I need help. Do I pick Shinobi or Vayu? Both would be super useful, either on Ieyasu or Victor. Both look super cool.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Dream summon is up for another 2 weeks. Hold off until after the free 10 pulls this weekend, at least.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I keep trying Void Golem, but haven't been on a team that didn't eat it pretty quick.

I'm not usually dying first, but teams aren't even managing to break before everyone dies :(

I'm just trying to move up the Void progression /cry

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I think Golem is the first one where you need the crafted void weapon to beat it. At least without a healer to keep you alive while you chip at it.

Look for the crafted weapon with Dull Res on it for whatever element/weapon your main unit uses and craft one of those. Big difference.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    It gave me a free 10-pull so i pulled on the fractured futures banner and later noticed that it still said i had a free summon but it only popped up when i pulled on the dragon banner.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    @Lorek I’ve got the Dull Res weapon. Just not good enough to solo after the team dies.

Awesome, way better than the morning disappointment I expected.

Got Rena from the free pull and the 5* dragon ticket from the anniversary login gave me Vayu.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    After a bit of practice I'm getting pretty good at the Steel Golem with Orsem even if I'm only at ~3200 might. He is my best option since I don't have the resources to build up Waike. Still need a lot of stuff to build a flame weapon to take on Zephyr.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    I think Golem is the first one where you need the crafted void weapon to beat it. At least without a healer to keep you alive while you chip at it.

Look for the crafted weapon with Dull Res on it for whatever element/weapon your main unit uses and craft one of those. Big difference.

Or you wait until your team is overpowering and just solo them. I do that with the golems, Poseidon, and Zephyr because I can't be assed to make the weapons and switch shit around.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, important reminder that there are free ten draws on both banners

Got Cassandra today, who even if she isn't particularly strong she's still very cool

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Or you wait until your team is overpowering and just solo them. I do that with the golems, Poseidon, and Zephyr because I can't be assed to make the weapons and switch shit around.

I’m on the weak side for Zephyr, but at least it’s a simple pattern

I’m still a newb and trying to get stronger. Are Altars my focus?

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I’m on the weak side for Zephyr, but at least it’s a simple pattern

I’m still a newb and trying to get stronger. Are Altars my focus?

Yes. Altars are the focus, the first 15 or so levels of weapon shrines are pretty easy pickups as well. Things slow to a crawl soon after that, but definitely hit those.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm really not feeling the expert dragon trials at all.

they're exactly the same but they have way higher stat requirements and way higher health.
    like, i have a near-perfect setup with celliera and mikoto (maximum everything, literally just missing wyrmprint augments).
    the expert dragon trials require such high damage output that you have to not only not die,
    but constantly be hitting them during every safe frame with maxed damage output.

who the actual hell wants this?
    i sure don't want to grind PUGs until i finally hit one that might be able to,
    only to lose two and a half minutes in to a random crimson dive or whirlwind that takes out lily or s.maribelle.
    ...with 60% health still on the dragon. UUUUUUUUUUGH.

i know that future power creep is likely to make it easier than this, but still!
    i need the weapons to beat the high dragons, i need to beat the high dragons to get the weapons. uuuuuugh.

• Options
    Yeah I'm way behind on my halidom, just need to spend some time actually keeping up with upgrading my altars and shrines

• Options
    Pretty sure less than half of the people I ran into tonight running Void Jeanne were actually running Divine Penetrator weapons, real fun times

• Options
    Man, maybe I should feel so bad about my own play with all these teams that fail Void Zephyr...

My Ezelith is only at 3.4k might, but I found that I need the Dull Res weapon.

• Options
    Decided I had enough, crafted a Divine Penetrator Sword and set up Berserker with Stellar Show and Mother's Love

Ain't got time for Overdrive

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Void Jeanne is pretty easy. I didn’t craft anything for it and can auto battle that one

Also I JUST GOT A DOUBLE DROP SQUISHUMS!

• Options
    Finally found a group that could kill Zephyr a couple times. I realize I'm the weakest, but at least I'm not usually failing mechanics. Just want to run it enough to get a dragon weapon.

For getting augment mats from the Astral trade, should I get the ones for adventurers or wyrmprints first? My gut says I should do wyrmprints first because they can go on any character.

• Options
    I am indeed now capable of just dragging literally any idiot party through Void Jeanne just by breaking her over and over again by myself

• Options
    So apparently the new high tier weapons just require you to have made the 5* elemental and 5* high dragon bane void weapons to craft. It doesn’t actually use them as materials though.

What sucks is that you then have to kill the opposite dragon you just got a bane weapon for to get the materials for it. So getting the starter parts didn’t progress you towards getting it really.

• Options
    Summons today included my first Arctos and summer Cleo. Neat!

• Options
    Pulled a regular Siren today, as well as Phoenix.

Am I probably going to want to keep 2 or 3 copies of all the 4* 30% Strength dragons?

• Options
    I pulled Cthn from my fractured future 10-pull.

Now delphi please show up ;-;

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I got Delphi and Chtn in my 10 pulls should I keep that? Do people reroll for the Cleo like I am reading online? Oh and Julietta from my free 5*.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I need to make my characters stronger to farm void battles to build weapons to fight other void battles.

The weapons with the resists needed are much weaker than my regular weapons... but I need to use them because of mechanics. Do I need to MUB my void weapons just to get the stats I need?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Got all my Altars up to lvl 20 (and still going), and working on Dojo's as well.

• Options
    I got Freyja today! Now my Noelle has true ultimate power. I just need to make her a skill prep void weapon.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I did another summon session on the tablet while I looked up heroes and I guess im just super lucky. Got Prometheus, Siren, Arctos, Delphi, Cassandra, Laranoa, and Mikoto as my free 5*. Insta linked that one as it looks like all high tier characters.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Arctos works well with Mikoto, and both he and Delphi are good

Siren is the best Water dragon

Prometheus, Cassandra, and Laranoa are all Fine

EDIT: There are also a laundry list of 4* that will serve you well, especially dragons. Any of the 30% Attack dragons will probably be your bread and butter for a long time, because you'll uncap them faster and a max unbind 4* dragon will have better stats than a 5* dragon without any unbinds.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I feel so bad about these void fights.

Doing these things is hard since my tablets screen is cracked so i have to be careful not to split my finger open.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I need to make my characters stronger to farm void battles to build weapons to fight other void battles.

The weapons with the resists needed are much weaker than my regular weapons... but I need to use them because of mechanics. Do I need to MUB my void weapons just to get the stats I need?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Got all my Altars up to lvl 20 (and still going), and working on Dojo's as well.

You definitely don't need to max them out. Be aware that not all void battles require the corresponding weapon, as long as you are able to dodge or your weapon type ignores the mechanic. Notably, you want a dull res for Zephyr (melee) and a scorching air res for Agni (melee). Poseidon and Nidhogg don't need any special equipment if you can dodge. Jeanne is more exciting without it, but people would appreciate you having her void weapon.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Double rewards for the water IO fights for the next 6 days. My goal is to get my spear and blade dojos up to 31. I had been neglecting those since I didn't have a lot of good units with either weapon until recently.

• Options
    Alright. Got all my altars up to 31.

Now to get all my dojo’s up to 15.

After that I guess I’ll work on my dragon and slime statues before going back to dojos.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    My dojos are in a pretty lousy state, because I didn't want to hop on the grind train. But it's probably time, since spear and blade go together like Mym and Victor.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Guess I’ll focus on Water IO this week.

It will help power up my water team and I shouldn’t run out of medals to upgrade dojos for awhile.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Alright. Got all my altars up to 31.

Now to get all my dojo’s up to 15.

After that I guess I’ll work on my dragon and slime statues before going back to dojos.
    FYI, you should probably shoot for 16 on the dojos -- the upgrade from 15 to 16 gives an extra 1.5% to both HP and Str (as opposed to most other upgrades which give 0.5% to one or the other). Also, it makes the dojos look fancier.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Don't forget that Mercurial Gauntlet resets tonight. If you want to grind a few more levels out go for it before the rewards drop.

• Options
    So i just found out that we're going to have a megaman banner in the future?

I LOVE MEGAMAN

So i'm not summoning at all unless they give more free ones

This discussion has been closed.