As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There are other [podcasts] than Giant Bomb

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    "everyone has a podcast" only seems like a reasonable statement if you're a comedy writer in new york

and I say that as someone who has a podcast

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I don't know.

I think it applies if you live in a college town or art adjacent community as well.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Everyone has a podcast

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    If you outlaw podcasts only outlaws will have podcasts

• Options
    I’m on like four different podcasts and I don’t even like podcasts

• Options
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a podcast is a good guy with a podcast

• Options
    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the podcast

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Back in the day when times were harder and people were tougher the phrase "going to the mattresses" meant going to war with another crime family.

Now it means starting a podcast with an eye toward picking up advertisers.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    You're too late. I started my podcast 35 minutes ago.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I bought Control and Man of Medan because Target has a deal where you get 25% off most games if you pick up in store

BRING ON THE SUPERNATURAL BULLSHIT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I Have a aPodcast

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I bought Control and Man of Medan because Target has a deal where you get 25% off most games if you pick up in store

BRING ON THE SUPERNATURAL BULLSHIT

CONTROL RULES

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Tube wrote: »
    Everyone has a podcast

everyone on this forum sure does!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just got to a certain setpiece in Alan Wake

CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GAAAAAAAWD

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    There are parts of Alan Wake that are clunky, or kind of odd (why do I need to do all of these driving sequences that go on for quite awhile?), but overall that game was so my jam.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Even I, a noted boring person, have a podcast

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Now I know what you're thinking...

"Is he in five podcasts... or six"

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Cello and I did the 2-player Shared Story mode of Man of Medan last night and that was a blast
    I'm not sure how it would fare when playing solo, but having someone else online with you or 3-4 others in the room for Movie Night is absolutely the way to play this game

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    There are parts of Alan Wake that are clunky, or kind of odd (why do I need to do all of these driving sequences that go on for quite awhile?), but overall that game was so my jam.

"We have to use some of the stuff we developed when this was supposed to be an open world game, dangnabbit!"

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just got to a certain setpiece in Alan Wake

CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GAAAAAAAWD

I really want to replay Alan Wake purely for that sequence

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I just replayed Alan Wake because spooky season.

The lip flaps are embarrassing in the base game and the driving is clunky as hell but man the atmosphere and basic mechanics still hold up solidly.

American Nightmare was an interesting little beast. I didn't bother with the arcade mode but I thought the story was great. It's less focused on atmospheric horror and leaning harder into straight-up combat, but the framing of it all totally sold me on the changes, and of course the changes were all made deliberately to re-focus on the combat mechanics.

Now, do I purchase and play Quantum Break, or just keep waiting until Control's expansions come out?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I haven't played Quantum Break but the sense I got from it was that it was largely alright, just nowhere near as good as Remedy's previous games. Probably worth a try, at the very least, especially if you have Game Pass.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The Children of the Elder God sequence in Alan Wake was my favorite video game moment of all time.

Until the Ashtray Maze in Control.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    One of my favorite moments from Alan Wake:
    You're climbing up a mountain and the Darkness is literally throwing everything it has at you. A fucking train smashes down right in front of me and I said "Oh shit!" and then a second later Alan said "Oh shit!" in the exact same cadence I'd used.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    @Cello and I did the 2-player Shared Story mode of Man of Medan last night and that was a blast
    I'm not sure how it would fare when playing solo, but having someone else online with you or 3-4 others in the room for Movie Night is absolutely the way to play this game

It was fantastic

I don't think it holds up as well as Until Dawn in terms of the story, but the way they've altered the game design to accomodate the way people often played it in groups with hotseating is super cool

The co-operative online is probably the way I'd recommend playing it first just because of the way the game takes advantage of different perspectives

Early on spoiler (first ten minutes):
    There's a scene where we're walking down a hall as two different characters, and @Grey Ghost suddenly stopped and said "Did you see that??"

"See what?"

"The little girl that just ran across the hallway?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

And then I had to clarify that I didn't see anything and was not, in fact, bullshitting. Which, any horror game which legitimately makes you have this specific conversation is going to get a lot of bonus points from me

There were entire sections of the game where we would be in separate areas trying to explain what was going on and essentially just saying absolute gibberish to each other and it ruled, while also surpassing the usual issues co-op horror games have with not being genuinely scary

I'm excited to play it again in Movie Night form and definitely looking forward to the next one next year!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The actual best moment from Alan Wake

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    After I finished control I was immediately like oh shit, I gotta get Alan Wake! So I booted up my xbone and went to the store and they’re not fuckin selling it.

Dejected, I went to steam only to see that apparently I already own Alan Wake.

Thanks, me years ago during a steam sale!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    John Hodgman is always fun on MBMBAM, and today is no exception

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The actual best moment from Alan Wake

God I love Barry

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So

Is every mbmbam gonna have a celebrity segment from now on that's also an advertisement

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mbmbam has been having a pretty cool streak running for a while I feel like.

Kinda feels like they are spinning their wheels a bit since the TV show or so.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    This is October, they should appear on Fallon sometime this month to promote their appearance in Trolls 2

I imagine the celeb blitz is part of that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Do you think they're gonna make Jimmy Fallon laugh?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    God

Travis and Jimmy Fallon in one room

The two paragons of straight white men failing upward

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Who is Jimmy Fallon again?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The famous late night funny man

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    He's the one who playfully tousled a fascist's hair during a lighthearted interview.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    The famous late night funny man

You mean Conan O'Brian?

• Options
    You know my favorite late night hosts will always be conan and letterman

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    You know my favorite late night hosts will always be conan and letterman

Granted I only watch the monologue segments that get posted to their youtube channel, but I've been enjoying Colbert on Late Night.

This discussion has been closed.