As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I just punch them into a mountain.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Can't use supports on this one >.>

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The answer is always Berserkers

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Congratulations, you broke one bar. Now they've just buffed themselves with an unremovable ability that will stun one person each turn for five turns, randomly seal the NP of one person, and they have an innate ability to inflict Curse and Lower Attack (which stacks) every time they hit someone. And they have an Evade too because why the fuck not. This is on top of a three turn NP bar that will murder even a Caster if it lands.

I have plenty of tools to handle the class advantage of Assassins, they still suck tremendously to fight.

• Options
  • Options
    That bit is getting extremely annoying. I have Berserkers, the boss still sucks to fight.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I mean, I also think all of the 'challenging' encounters in this game suck ass. Not going to argue with you there.

But for a regular Assassin boss, monk is good for a one turn kill. Then refill NP and do it again if they have another bar.

For all the other gimmicks, yeah, FGO gimmick fights blow.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    For particularly bothersome assassins, I prefer to sic one of my own on them.

Now some might argue that Medea isn't actually an assassin, but I see how often she stabs people. It's often the first thing she does in a fight.

All the magic stuff is a cunning ruse, I tell you.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Congratulations, you broke one bar. Now they've just buffed themselves with an unremovable ability that will stun one person each turn for five turns, randomly seal the NP of one person, and they have an innate ability to inflict Curse and Lower Attack (which stacks) every time they hit someone. And they have an Evade too because why the fuck not. This is on top of a three turn NP bar that will murder even a Caster if it lands.

I have plenty of tools to handle the class advantage of Assassins, they still suck tremendously to fight.

I'm pretty sure the answer there is "Gandr". And then next turn you refill your whole NP on battery buttons and do it again.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Assassin bosses are always such a pain in the ass, especially the ones with multiple health bars.

FWIW, it 'only' took 16 turns for a tiny book to slap her around for me.

vNrq7I3l.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I really need to skill up my casters that aren't Waver.

...God dammit this would have been so much easier if I'd gotten summer Nero. (I beat it with only Nero left... Nero Bride though).

Polaritie on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Im currently at Two Hells fight, my urge to just use Command Spells and get this over with is rising.

Also, OP for Babylonia anime is kickass.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Im currently at Two Hells fight, my urge to just use Command Spells and get this over with is rising.
    Command Seals are there to be used.

9T for Shishou, Jack, Waver, Shiki, Mash. Anti-Female, Anti-Divine, then reserve assassin. Killed the Berserker first for obvious reasons and stunned her on T1 to make sure she couldn't drain Shishou.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Command Seals are there to be used.

9T for Shishou, Jack, Waver, Shiki, Mash. Anti-Female, Anti-Divine, then reserve assassin. Killed the Berserker first for obvious reasons and stunned her on T1 to make sure she couldn't drain Shishou.

In the end I managed to win without Command Seals, although it required me to put in my party Merlin-Buster-memed Raikou of my own to finish of Rider (after my Rider Kintoki dealt with Berserker). The killing blow was dealt by Emiya Assassin, who still finds his uses from time to time.

Also, I ate some bronze apples from my Nerofest leftovers, and finished Shimousa (as I will propably not have enough time to comfortably play FGO next week), and it was awesome! It had it's flaws, but it is definitely one of the best written arcs in this game.

My observations:
    • Musashi was, obviously, great, and is one of the best written characters in the franchise. Im only... not comfortable? with the reminder of one of my least favourite elements of the Fate franchise, which is the fact that Servants are not really the same people they were when alive, or even during their different incarnations, as in the epilogue Musashi herself notes that she "propably" is not the same Musashi that we had a bond with during Shimousa, even though she has all of her memories and experiences. It is impossible to say if it's true, if it's false, or even if it does matter in any way that is relevant, but it kinda makes my uneasy while thinking about it.

But yeah, Musashi is great, and Im glad that I managed to summon her without much problems this time.
    • Muramasa was, obviously, a show stealer, and as much as I would like to join the rest of the fanbase in wishing for him to be finally added to the game, I find it hard to imagine what circumstances would lead to him being summoned again without repeating what was already done in Shimousa. Him showing up during some next arc to create a weapon to slay some next Beast would propably make less of the impression than what we've seen just now...
    • Some people don't care about "civillian" characters in FGO, but most of the time they work for me, and now it worked for me again - I like Onui and Tasuke, and what they represented, which is innocent people of Shimousa for which saving we were fighting here. If the story lacked this kind of characters, then Im afraid it would be more difficult to properly show how high the stakes are and why should we even care about things that are happening.
    • With each repetition of DARK JESUIT SORCERY and OUR LORD LUCIFER, THE GREAT SATAN HIMSELF it became funnier, then more cringeworthy, then funnier, then cringeworthy again, but with the final reveal that it just a thing Limbo thought of to troll Amakusa, which he took seriously, it became absolutely histerical.
    • Speaking of which, Caster Limbo, which is here pretty much just to foreshadow next arc. He is pretty meh personality-wise, but I guess story sometimes needs some clear antagonist that is just here to see the world burn. I find it interesting though that apparently he seeks to become a god himself, and that he seems disappinted that Chaldea did not register his Spirit Origin - did he plan to show up here and sabotage us somehow?
    • Im happy that the trend of using some already known Servants in Epic of Remnant chapters to give them some character development ic continued here with Fuuma, which relationship with Danzo was in my opinion one of the highlights of the story. Honestly, it tempts me to roll for Danzo when her banner arrives, even though I know she is meh gameplay-wise, just because I enjoyed her character. Still, I have to be strong, and continue saving diligently...
    • Shimousa Kiyohime is adorable and I wish that our Kiyohime was more similiar to her. I also boggles my mind that we did not get a costume for her, considering how much prettier her new sprites are, especially considering that they are already in-game.
    • Other antagonists of the story were meh - there were just too many villains, which is never a good thing for the story. I wish Amakusa was used some day in a future arc as unquestionable ally instead of once again being used as a card-carrying villain.
    • Old Man Musashi was just here pretty much as a red herring, to make us think that he was Amakusa's bodyguard after being healed by him, isn't it? Maybe there was something more, and some significant symbolism behind his interludes in connection to the themes of this story, but at this moment, I cannot really properly analyze his significance of being here. Also, was Shimousa Kojiro yet another world-hopper? Will we get Saber Kojiro in the future? That would be cool!

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Now that the Sorcerer's silhouette is more visible I'm pretty sure I've identified him as well as Caster of Limbo.

Section 13
    Amakusa and Mozart respectively. The former is appropriate now that I think about it, but the latter is just weird to be a Heroic Spirit Swordmaster. Guess I'll keep going to find out for sure! Oh, and Empireo is so obviously the old man Tajima because being betrayed by old men in EoR is becoming a cliche.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    There are two somewhat-useful things to understand about Fate (and Shimousa in particular):

1. Servants are basically bunrei of the original. It's difficult to google up a good English explanation, but the Wikipedia page for Kanjo is probably a good start? The short version is that you can divide a kami and have two separate instances of it without affecting the original (usually for the purpose of making another shrine elsewhere, since AFAICT they can't be in two places at once).
    This also figures heavily into Tamamo's whole deal with Tamamo Cat et. al., but she's also just extremely confusingly religiously esoteric in general. She's on so many layers of syncretism that if Francis Xavier hadn't wised up then, and I am not joking, she might literally be an aspect of YHWH.

2. Fate/Stay Night was inspired by Makai Tensho, and Shimousa is inspired by that book (and other adaptations of the book) to the degree that some Japanese fans were claiming plagiarism.
    Short version of one popular adaptation, Samurai Reincarnation:
    Amakusa Shirou renounces god after the failed Shimabara Rebellion and sells his soul to the devil in exchange for the power to resurrect the dead, raises an army (including grabbing Old Man Musashi from his cave, and also Inshun in further similarities to FGO), and attempt to overthrow the shogunate. Yagyu Jubei (Munenori's son) opposes him, and gets Muramasa to make him an evil sword that can cut demonic spirits. (They are attacked by Musashi while at Muramasa's home, but drive him off.) The movie ends with the shogun's castle ablaze and Jubei dueling his undead father.

Neveron on
  • Options
    I see a name on my friends list from here that I have not gazed upon in quite some time. Active fifteen minutes ago.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Ugh, yeah. That fight is dumb. Party-wide charm spam and both have AoE NPs to kill everyone with. No shame in burning seals on it, especially since fixed support slot ALSO means most people can't set up their preferred double support stuff or anything.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    At last, the Caster of Limbo reveals himself! I knew it was you Mo--

Who the fuck is this guy?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Some servants you just dread fighting.

And then you beat them with nobody down and almost full HP because BB Waver Merlin is really good at wrecking face.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

At last, the Caster of Limbo reveals himself! I knew it was you Mo--

Who the fuck is this guy?

Don't tell me you don't recognize our good friend whatshisname

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Hey, don't slander the good name of Sir Doesn'thaveanenglishwikipediapage!

...To be fair, this also goes for several other more obscure Servants.

• Options
    Absolute victory.

Threw one more ticket afterwards at Musashi and got Ideal Holy King instead. More wrong luck, though I'm way above curve overall I think.

Now to level my shiny new ST buster archer.

One thing that comes to mind after this though: Who do you suggest for non-caster support servants for when there's an annoying rider boss? Or is it better to just use arts setups and Mash to try and reduce card damage to zilch with NPs?

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    If there's a rider boss, Jack is your best friend.

• Options

Alternatively Shiki, who can hit just as hard as Jack if the Rider isn't female

• Options
    Shimousa Section 15.3
    Well BB just basically deleted that guy like he was nothing. She's basically built to counter his nonsense. Banging music too.

But then hot damn that remix during Muramasa's scene! I let it linger for a while to fully appreciate it. Now I can see why people are hankering for that Servant.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

Don't send a child to do Buster Grandpa's job.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Alternatively Shiki, who can hit just as hard as Jack if the Rider isn't female

Shiki doesn't drop crit stars all over the place though

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    No, but Shiki can loop decently.

But the question wasn't about damage, it was about support that isn't a caster, for when the enemy card damage threatens to break Waver or Merlin in half (not even bosses I guess - some event nodes are unpleasant for that too)

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

But the question wasn't about damage, it was about support that isn't a caster, for when the enemy card damage threatens to break Waver or Merlin in half (not even bosses I guess - some event nodes are unpleasant for that too)

Are you already using Mash?

• Options

Are you already using Mash?

Always. But she's not the best at enabling quicker kills usually... I guess I could scope her to get turn 1 NP... and possibly turn two as well if she draws her arts cards (god her NP gain is insane under her 3).

• Options
    Jack actually loops more reliably than Shiki thanks to her absolutely absurd Quick cards

NP5 Shiki and NP1 Jack are roughly equivalent damage, but Jack has much better crit star generation and NP generation

At least until Shiki's rank up quest that'll come later

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Meanwhile my lvl100 NP2 MHX does more damage than my new lvl90 Jack, even with her buffs, even versus females (though that helps Jack be closer). 2000% multiplier and a bunch of extra attack (~2000 more atm) is a lot to catch up to.

It's like, I was super happy to get my Jack a month ago. Then I realized that she's outclassed by my invested-in MHX in every way unless I'm running a multi-Assassin team. Hah.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Shiki's #1 advantage over Jack though?

She's not Jack.

• Options
    Oh, trust me, I was legitimately disappointed when I realized that my NP1 Jack was generally going to be more effective than my NP5 Shiki in pretty much every way

• Options
    On the subject of damage... I'm really glad for Mecha-Eli coming up soon, because she's going to be very helpful for those pesky assassins.

• Options
    And that's Shimousa completed.
    I really liked this Singularity! I was feeling bad for Musashi because the Seven Duels made me put her in the front line, but I always used my MC to yank her out so she rarely got to actually face anyone besides Assassin of Paraiso (because she murdered my entire team). That final duel with True Sasaki Kojirou made up for it though and it was the absolute perfect fight to cap off the Singularity. I really hope he ends up being summonable eventually, or at least a costume for Assassin Sasaki.

I was really expecting that Satan was going to end up being a Demon God Pillar, so finding out that "Satan" was just Caster of Limbo super-trolling Amakusa was pretty funny. I do get the feeling that bit with the unpronounceable name though, that's probably what leads into the Foreigner stuff in Salem to cap off EoR isn't it? And also likely features in the Lostbelts considering what he said about missing belts. All in all I'd probably rank this Singularity on up there with Camelot and Babylon, with some very good music in the final fights.

As asides, apparently Musashi's NP changed and I love the new animation so much more than the big BRMBRMBMRMBMRBMM beam. Much more appropriate. Also Dantes shouldn't think he's fooling anyone when the "missionary" is using black fire and talking about how not all dreams are connected without any prompting. I see you, Count.

• Options
    And that's Shimousa completed.
    I really liked this Singularity! I was feeling bad for Musashi because the Seven Duels made me put her in the front line, but I always used my MC to yank her out so she rarely got to actually face anyone besides Assassin of Paraiso (because she murdered my entire team). That final duel with True Sasaki Kojirou made up for it though and it was the absolute perfect fight to cap off the Singularity. I really hope he ends up being summonable eventually, or at least a costume for Assassin Sasaki.

I was really expecting that Satan was going to end up being a Demon God Pillar, so finding out that "Satan" was just Caster of Limbo super-trolling Amakusa was pretty funny. I do get the feeling that bit with the unpronounceable name though, that's probably what leads into the Foreigner stuff in Salem to cap off EoR isn't it? And also likely features in the Lostbelts considering what he said about missing belts. All in all I'd probably rank this Singularity on up there with Camelot and Babylon, with some very good music in the final fights.

As asides, apparently Musashi's NP changed and I love the new animation so much more than the big BRMBRMBMRMBMRBMM beam. Much more appropriate. Also Dantes shouldn't think he's fooling anyone when the "missionary" is using black fire and talking about how not all dreams are connected without any prompting. I see you, Count.
    Yeah, Dantes is like... uh, what's tsundere except for helping people out? I dunno. He won't ever admit to wanting to help you no matter how much he does.

The updated look for Musashi's NP is nice - both that it speeds up the first part and that it adds the last bit from her reaching the void. It also makes me sad I've not gotten her (to complete a set of ST limited sabers with Okita and Bride :P)

• Options
    One thing that comes to mind after this though: Who do you suggest for non-caster support servants for when there's an annoying rider boss? Or is it better to just use arts setups and Mash to try and reduce card damage to zilch with NPs?
    Ozymandias has that on lock.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Mini Campaign coming up:
    https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2019/1014_le_cp/

Which is this one, slightly ahead of time relatively speaking:
    https://grandorder.wiki/Fate/EXTRA_Last_Encore_Anime_Broadcast_Commemoration_Campaign

7SQ and a 10% Arts|3 Stars/Turn CE

XNnw6Gk.jpg