As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    My problem with the circle of slaughter is I run out of ammo at the end of wave 2

How did they not put respawning ammo boxes in there

you can run up to the start and rebuy ammo before hitting the button again

Not round 2, wave 2

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Oh.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    But I was doing it solo and with Tediore guns that I used as grenades, at Mayhem 3 level 50 so

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    But I was doing it solo and with Tediore guns that I used as grenades, at Mayhem 3 level 50 so

Tediore mirv use more ammo now

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Could be just someone retiring, game industry has a lot of turn over like this and people want to try and read tea leaves that aren't always there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    My problem with the circle of slaughter is I run out of ammo at the end of wave 2

How did they not put respawning ammo boxes in there

...how? I can get through all of the 5 rounds without changing weapon. Have you upgraded your ammo slots at Marcus’ store?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Lots of good stuff today , cloning hex a couple of brainstormers , a butcher , a binary mocking cutsman ( is that a good prefix ? Corrosive unfortunately but still good) and a bunch of other stuff . I always told myself I would get a breath of the dying runeword , I just expected it to be in diablo 2 not borderlands . This stuff dropped from gigamind if anyone wants to try farming him , pretty easy and quick even on M3.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I had my first Hex drop last night. Sadly not MIRV or Reoccuring, but man, I can totally see why people like it.

I have a Mirv Hex on my Zane which gets dropped by my drone every 15 seconds. It is amazing.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I was just goofing off in TVHM and Mayhem 3 to see how tough it was.

The answer - Very

I did however pick up a Butcher and Lucian's Call (546 and 576 item score).

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Console right now is apparently bugged, you have to beat TVHM to get Mayhem in that mode, even though after you beat normal it says it will remain unlocked at the start of TVHM

Guess I’m going to play something else until they fix it, there’s no difficulty right now and barely any rewards

So now that my guns are decent I’m enjoying the game more , tried a ice build zane and holy hell my damage TANKED. So I just went back to my clone / drone build.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Could be just someone retiring, game industry has a lot of turn over like this and people want to try and read tea leaves that aren't always there.

He's not retiring, taking a break and doing something else. Also, I never insinuated it was anything bad. It's notable because he was with them 12 years, through all the Borderlands games.

edited October 2019
    Man I've been offline farming various spots for hours no hex at all. Loot tink, chupacabratch,graveward,

Online the jerk redjabber stopped giving me grenades altogether. He dropped a jackhammer and 3 legendary class mods over 8 runs

King Riptor on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I did find that the lost loot machine transfers between characters, so if you clear some stuff on your level 50, leave the drops, then switch to a new character, you can get pretty far into the SDU upgrades very early. Which helps with muling, and also with not running out of ammo constantly at low level.

Also mail is account wide. So you can just repeatedly tip Moxxie and sell the guns on your new toon.

Just found out that red chests count as map completion , so that’s going to be an added hassle for my 100% .

Just found out that red chests count as map completion , so that’s going to be an added hassle for my 100% .

If you're on PS4 or XB1, go to the map and challenges, then click your left stick and it will show you what you're missing for completion. This includes red chests and eridium writings in addition to the crew challenges.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It can't be that much of a pain, they're still stingy as hell with the chests. 2 per area if you're lucky or something horribly low.

• tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It can't be that much of a pain, they're still stingy as hell with the chests. 2 per area if you're lucky or something horribly low.

Hey now, they cant give those out too fast. You'd get so many whites and greens! Maybe even a blue missile launcher!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    I really would Gearbox to just copy Diablo 3’s endgame, seasons and all.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

I wish someone fucking anyone would take adventure mode. Like good christ its obnoxious that "play the story over" is what they expect people to level a character with. LOOKING AT YOU POE!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I wish someone fucking anyone would take adventure mode. Like good christ its obnoxious that "play the story over" is what they expect people to level a character with. LOOKING AT YOU POE!

Path of Exile is never going to copy adventure mode. It has Maps, Delve, and other ways to handle end-game content. I would prefer that Borderlands come up with their own twist on endgame and make the cut scenes skippable.

I like the story of BL3 and look forward to seeing how my new characters will interact with it. E.g. what smary lines they will say.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    TPS showed one way to do it. Use the storytelling framework. First play through is the actual story unfolding. Subsequent runs with other characters have the primary character providing narration and letting the player chose where to go and what to do. Cutscenes can be skipped with the primary character Going yadda yadda yadda ‘cause they already told the story once, or watched with additional commentary. Throw in the orphans or whoever asking questions, demanding to see the action on Eden Six or wherever, and you could make leveling up the other hunters pretty interesting. Might not work for three full playthroughs.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Path of Exile is never going to copy adventure mode. It has Maps, Delve, and other ways to handle end-game content. I would prefer that Borderlands come up with their own twist on endgame and make the cut scenes skippable.

I like the story of BL3 and look forward to seeing how my new characters will interact with it. E.g. what smary lines they will say.

I'm not sure about other people but for me I don't want adventure mode to be the endgame in games like this (it's been awhile but I don't remember it as the endgame of D3 either), i want it to remove the tedium of leveling multiple characters through the same story/set pieces in the same exact order over and over.

Carpy on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Forget D3.

Give me Path of Exile endgame.

Thinking specifically of the map crafting and the community race events.

Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Forget D3.

Give me Path of Exile endgame.

Thinking specifically of the map crafting and the community race events.

I could go for this , a sort of random digistruct peak with a predetermined number of sections leading up to a boss fight? Sounds good to me. Speaking of I did a proving grounds run , wasn’t too bad just very short and simple.

No hex variants for like 8 hours of farming( over 2 days)

I just want the nightmare mirv clouds of my dreams.

Also Ive noticed now a lot of my double drops have identical stats. I think that may be a glitch
    I have 4 level 50 transformers and they are all the same

Also Ive noticed now a lot of my double drops have identical stats. I think that may be a glitch

I was told that some legends have fixed parts so they always come out the same. I have also had that happen with the transformer so I don’t think it’s a bug and is just the way it is.

Shields also have a lot less parts compared to guns, so you're much more likely to get a default shield.

I figured for shields and grenades but its happening on a lot of guns.

Also the Boring gun is really annoying and I don't like it.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I got a destructo-spinner. I really enjoy the gun, but it seems to not be good.

It could just be I can't aim the projectiles for the life of me....

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

I think I spent close to 10 hours and I’m in the same boat. I got I think every other legendary grenade mod (some 3 times). But never a hex.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    I have like 28 stormfront

I did get a Rain firestorm though. Not long bow but still pretty nice

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Same, but probably with more time spent until I finally got a Cryo Hex with no affixes.

edited October 2019
    Carpy wrote: »

I'm not sure about other people but for me I don't want adventure mode to be the endgame in games like this (it's been awhile but I don't remember it as the endgame of D3 either), i want it to remove the tedium of leveling multiple characters through the same story/set pieces in the same exact order over and over.

so... adventure mode?

really, i just want rifts

Spaffy on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I figured for shields and grenades but its happening on a lot of guns.

Also the Boring gun is really annoying and I don't like it.

The Boring Gun is weird to use. Since the saw blades run along the ground you can't hit anything in the air. And the blades will bounce off of surfaces if they don't hit an enemy and can come back at you.

That being said, it's absurdly funny on Gunpowder Moze. I can just shoot mine in the general direction of a group of bandits and odds are they'll turn into red mist.

So fun thing , if you don’t do the optional objective for the very first sidequest in the game ( Marcus) you cant open his red chest and therefore are locked out of 100% until you start the story again. Thankfully map progress carry’s over but still it’s kinda annoying. Also man the laser exploder is actually really fun to use . I have a fire one and it’s become my go to bandit gun.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    So I’m pushing my second character through, and died at least fifteen times in a row to Troy, because he seemed to have some undodgeable attack that did 95% of my hp, plus a couple other one hit combos. After getting frustrated I quit to the menu, saw that it wanted to hotfix, tried one more time.

Apparently it was just completely broken, because all those same attacks did like no damage and it was super easy.

So that’s fun, I guess.

Also listening to him cry about my DoT damage for thirty minutes was extremely annoying.

So I’m pushing my second character through, and died at least fifteen times in a row to Troy, because he seemed to have some undodgeable attack that did 95% of my hp, plus a couple other one hit combos. After getting frustrated I quit to the menu, saw that it wanted to hotfix, tried one more time.

Apparently it was just completely broken, because all those same attacks did like no damage and it was super easy.

So that’s fun, I guess.

Also listening to him cry about my DoT damage for thirty minutes was extremely annoying.

He was nerfed in one of the hotfixes so if you boot the game before they are applied he is actually much more difficult then usual.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Are they all planning on having a big day 30 patch? I thought I saw someone mention that here. Kind of taking a break until they patch some stuff because I hate not knowing if my skills are actually working. Plus it fucked up two different trophies, read all tablets and find all locations, so I am holding off on tvhm until a patch to see if they fix that.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion