As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I saw "300G Scotch" on this Stomping Grounds menu and for the split second it took my brain to realise they meant steak, I got really excited...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Blake and I were talking about running some game nights soon. Something accessible, maybe rocket league or apex or something. Anyone down?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah. Like the idea of it is like a semi regular game night thing and we choose like an accessible game that’s cheap and not super competitive and we can just do voice chat and have a hangout.

• Options
    Man it's been forever since I played a game with someone who wasn't a random stranger

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I'd be down!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So, a Fortnite group?

• Options
    I've got nothing against playing Fortnite if people want to

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Destiny 2 is free now...

just saying

• Options
    Is there a day of the week that people are generally more free on than others?

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Destiny 2 is free now...

just saying

Yeah but is there dancing?

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    If it's a regular game night are people interested in something that is mission/progression focused?

Mount Your Friends - $7.50
    Dungeon of the Endless - $14
    Duck Game - $18.50
    Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - $21.50
    Risk of Rain 2 - $29.00
    Gang Beasts - $29.00
    Killer Queen Black - $29.00

Monster Hunter World regularly goes on sale around the $35 and has a ton of content at this stage. The missions are short with 16 player lobbies so it's easy to drop in and out if people need to get dinner started/look after children etc.

I have Rocket League, but haven't played it in a while as people have gotten savage at that game online.

Destiny didn't really do anything for me and while I would highly recommend Warframe as a great free to play coop game I'm a little burned out on it myself personally after sinking so much time into it. Having new people to help might change that though!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Human Fall flat is a pretty good coop gang beasts style experience.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My week schedule is usually pretty unpredictable, but mostly flexible, so I’d be happy to jump in whenever. Wednesday nights are the only ones I definitely wouldn’t be able to do.

• Options
    There might be a split between PC and console, so any crossplay would be A++

Some other ideas

Overcooked
    Hot Lava
    Dauntless
    Vermintide
    Left 4 Dead
    Alien Swarm
    TF2
    Minecraft
    Quake 2
    Sven Coop
    Ultimate Chicken Horse

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Destiny 2 is free now...

just saying

Yeah but is there dancing?

yes

a lot

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    There are many games in the castle. We also don't all have to play the same thing, we can just hang on discord while doing whatever, and have additional voice chat rooms for folks who are playing something that is more intense and can't do background chatter.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Well, as luck would have it the SE Minecraft server has been revived! It’s java edition, so no cross play with bedrock edition (pc, phones and consoles) but that could be quite fun?

I’m playing from NZ and the lag is fine

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I'll play gamez with youse.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I would prefer not to do pc.

• Options
    I can only play stuff on PC outside of like... maybe one switch game

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I’m good for PC, PS4 or Switch

• Options
    I'm PC or switch. Things like Rocket League have cross play though, so we don't have to segregate console peeps and PC peeps for everything.

• Options
    This was why I suggested it.

• Options
    I like the idea of minecraft though, it’s easy enough to play bedrock addition on PC. The only people who would be left out are ps4 owners though

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    No reason we couldn't have both? Scheduled times for Rocket League, or just hop on to Minecraft whenever.

• Options
    Windows Hearts multiplayer? Is everybody else still running Win95, or is that just me?

• Options
    Yeah my post reads really weird, re-reading. Definitely not saying we should only play minecraft!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Windows Hearts multiplayer? Is everybody else still running Win95, or is that just me?

Why not just all compare 'Ski Free' high scores?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I have a mob that has a standing saturday arvo (friday night for them) games time, people who're available just jump on discord and start playing something. Other people either join them or start playing something else, more people join, games switch around, all like that. I don't know that we have to schedule anything other than when we want to jam some games, but could certainly have some schedule events for large scale things like jackbox or whatever. Otherwise we'll probably end up playing a bunch of things that cap out at 4 players per team or like that anyway, so I'm sure multiple games will be going on at once most of the time.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    pimento wrote: »
    I have a mob that has a standing saturday arvo (friday night for them) games time, people who're available just jump on discord and start playing something. Other people either join them or start playing something else, more people join, games switch around, all like that. I don't know that we have to schedule anything other than when we want to jam some games, but could certainly have some schedule events for large scale things like jackbox or whatever. Otherwise we'll probably end up playing a bunch of things that cap out at 4 players per team or like that anyway, so I'm sure multiple games will be going on at once most of the time.

Having previously been a member of this type of crew (except with TS2 back in those pre-Discord days), I can confirm that this is usually the best option. Use a communications server as the anchor, rather than a scheduled game + time for said game.

That way if everyone that’s on at a given time wants to play a PC game or a game with a capped group, they can. And when someone else joins who maybe can only do console, it’s easier to switch over once the PCers are done, or just wait for more console folks to jump on.

Helps also when some games like Apex or even some of the Steam multiplayer games (CyberMonk!!) have capped party sizes and varying match durations.

Also means folks are more likely to jump on Discord and just hang out as well, which makes squad formation easier.

Plus this also means Blake and I can potentially be hanging out with everyone together on Discord. If it’s console-only it’d only be one of us at a time, unless it’s got cross play.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    yeah I definitely think the way to go is to just have a discord channel or sever somewhere that we can chill in and just have games stuff organically happen

after a lil bit of that everyone gets used to the usual schedules and regular game nights just kinda develop over time!

• Options
    I'm primarily PC for multiplayer, with a handful of games on Switch.

• Options
    That's fine with me. We've got the discord server already, I'll switch discord to open on startup, so I'll basically always be online. Maybe a scheduled thing the first time could get the ball rolling

Oh and I'm good for PC/PS4/Switch

• Options
    What’s the discord?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Sent you a link @Tef

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Can I have a link to the discord too?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I would also be keen!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Sent!

• Options
    Can I get someone to hit me up with a link as well? Thanks!

• Options
    sn3t

This discussion has been closed.