As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Told no account found related to email/username

shorttiminshorttimin regularRegistered User regular
I’m trying to log into the forums on my new phone and I’m being told “Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username you entered”.

I can log in fine on my old iPhone and my laptop. I’ve tried retyping the username several times now.

New phone is an iPhone XR with iOS 13.1.2, old phone is iPhone 7 with iOS 13.1.2

shorttimin on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Is Apple's smart punctuation feature maybe still causing problems with replacing apostrophes with left accents and right accents, breaking logins and passwords that have apostrophes in them? Or did they fix that? It was an issue a few years ago. I guess check if the smart punctuation feature is turned on, and if so, try turning it off and seeing if you can log in then.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    ^ this would also be my suggestion. Or I can just take the apostrophe out of your name.

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Is Apple's smart punctuation feature maybe still causing problems with replacing apostrophes with left accents and right accents, breaking logins and passwords that have apostrophes in them? Or did they fix that? It was an issue a few years ago. I guess check if the smart punctuation feature is turned on, and if so, try turning it off and seeing if you can log in then.

Thanks for the tip!
    Tube wrote: »
    ^ this would also be my suggestion. Or I can just take the apostrophe out of your name.

If that's easy enough and it solves the problem, I'd appreciate it!

• Options
    give it a try now

• Options
    edited October 2019
    That did it, thanks!

Wait, now no posts except the OP are visible in any of the threads. All I see is the title of the thread and then the page selection bar.

Forum still displays fine on my old phone and laptop

shorttimin on
  • Options
    cache clear?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    cache clear?

It’s a brand new phone, but I cleared it anyway. Restarted it a couple times too. Still can only see the first post.

• Options
    I have zero idea what that could be I'm afraid