As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Double rewards for the water IO fights for the next 6 days. My goal is to get my spear and blade dojos up to 31. I had been neglecting those since I didn't have a lot of good units with either weapon until recently.

@Cururu wrong gambling thread! ;)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh phew I thought I missed something lol.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    We should be due for an updates video soon. Probably next week to show off the Halloween units and event. So I'm looking forward to that.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    5+1 was Ignus #2 or 7* #87 or 88.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    The weirdest news from the 4th anniversary stream in JP...

h7y5J6s.jpg

Coming in 2020.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    .....Wut?

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Cururu wrote: »
    Double rewards for the water IO fights for the next 6 days. My goal is to get my spear and blade dojos up to 31. I had been neglecting those since I didn't have a lot of good units with either weapon until recently.

@Cururu wrong gambling thread! ;)

Doh! That's what I get for having multiple tabs open. That was supposed to go to the Dragalia Lost thread. Check it out if you're burnt out on Exvius. Freebies are much more frequent and you only need to pull characters once. Also Mega Man is coming in about a month.

Back to Exvius, do we think the Halloween banners will start this week or next week? I suppose that would depend on the event type. The raid is ending this week, so they could start up another one right away. I'm hoping they don't do double mog king again.

Cururu on
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Free 10+1 was Eiko #1.

Today had an EX ticket come down rainbow, which was Queen #...3?

5+1 was garbo as usual

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    edited October 2019
    Other JP news that may interest folks: Two collabs coming, one being DQ11S part 2, and...Full Metal Alchemist. 5* base Edward and Alphonse. Neat.

Also, Advent Children Cloud and Tifa are coming. Add to that a flood of new Esper units (Madam Edel+Fenrir, Raegen+Odin, Physailis+Tetra Sylphid, Charlotte+Alexander, CGLasswell+Shiva) and the Veritas units getting latent abilities with a new FFBE SBB.

Cruor on
    If it were me, FFBE: The Musical would be a parody / homage of the FF6 opera with the FFBE characters. But barring that, I have no idea what it could be. Is it a real musical? A future in game event, maybe with some new original music?

Man, now I want a new FF6 banner with an event based on the Opera House. With a 5* Celes, and maybe a 5* Setzer. And I still want an Owzer's Mansion exploration, complete with The Magic House as thr background track, one of my favorite FF songs.

Zomro wrote: »
    If it were me, FFBE: The Musical would be a parody / homage of the FF6 opera with the FFBE characters. But barring that, I have no idea what it could be. Is it a real musical? A future in game event, maybe with some new original music?

Man, now I want a new FF6 banner with an event based on the Opera House. With a 5* Celes, and maybe a 5* Setzer. And I still want an Owzer's Mansion exploration, complete with The Magic House as thr background track, one of my favorite FF songs.

5* Celes and 5* Ultros.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm fairly excited about a FMA collab. I wonder who the full character set will be.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Other JP news that may interest folks: Two collabs coming, one being DQ11S part 2, and...Full Metal Alchemist. 5* base Edward and Alphonse. Neat.

Also, Advent Children Cloud and Tifa are coming. Add to that a flood of new Esper units (Madam Edel+Fenrir, Raegen+Odin, Physailis+Tetra Sylphid, Charlotte+Odin, CGLasswell+Shiva) and the Veritas units getting latent abilities with a new FFBE SBB.
    It's Charlotte+Alexander.

As for events. This week will be Physalis story event and then next week will be the Halloween event. We will probably get an updates video next week to hype the new units.

Oh shit, an FMA collab? I'm down for that. I'll take Ed and Al, but my dream collab character would be 5* Wrath from FMA: Brotherhood.

Tiphares wrote: »

Also, Advent Children Cloud and Tifa are coming. Add to that a flood of new Esper units (Madam Edel+Fenrir, Raegen+Odin, Physailis+Tetra Sylphid, Charlotte+Odin, CGLasswell+Shiva) and the Veritas units getting latent abilities with a new FFBE SBB.
    It's Charlotte+Alexander.

As for events. This week will be Physalis story event and then next week will be the Halloween event. We will probably get an updates video next week to hype the new units.

Oops! I totally meant Charlotte+Alexander but had a brain fart. I blame the weekend of travel.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    Free 10+1 was Eiko #1.

5+1 was garbo as usual

Free 10+1?

TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Griswold wrote: »
    Free 10+1 was Eiko #1.

5+1 was garbo as usual

Free 10+1?

I assume the KHUX collab 5* guaranteed 10+1.

Reminder: Vault of Hidden Treasures!
    Collect your 30 lapis and free stuffs!

I haven't done the SBB yet but will likely take A.Lasswells as my damage. They'll likely due a lot, but I'll just keep reraise on them. Dying isn't that big of a deal for A.Lasswell.
    Let me know when you plan to do this. I can setup an A. Lasswell for you. I'm assuming 30% fire resist, 10k HP, and 500-ish SPR would be good? He should survive 2 meteors. My best weapons for him are non-elemental (Auron STMR katana, Lightning STMR sword), but I can set him up for any element you want.

Hey @Tiphares did you set up your A.Lasswell? I'd appreciate it! I'm finding about 50% Fire Resist, 500SPR, and 14k HP lets him survive the fixed AoE turns. If you can have him on Diabolos (and maybe with Muramasa for extra Mankiller) that would be ideal!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I have my A. Lass setup in Nemesis 2. 60% fire, 15k HP, 560 SPR.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Hrm...A.Lasswell just doesn't do enough damage for the Emperor fight. His SPR is just so low that you have to sacrifice way too much ATK to make him able to survive. Looks like I'm either going back to the drawing board or waiting until I can pull a better damage dealer.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So, I’m redownloading the game or something? I just tried to log in and have had three download prompts show up do far, the current one is 1.6 GB or so...

maraji on
    maraji wrote: »
    So, I’m redownloading the game or something? I just tried to log in and have had three download prompts show up do far, the current one is 1.6 GB or so...

Is your phone storage full?

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »

Is your phone storage full?

Getting close. I got in and everything seemed the same, so that must be it. I’ll delete some junk.

I haven't done the SBB yet but will likely take A.Lasswells as my damage. They'll likely due a lot, but I'll just keep reraise on them. Dying isn't that big of a deal for A.Lasswell.
    Let me know when you plan to do this. I can setup an A. Lasswell for you. I'm assuming 30% fire resist, 10k HP, and 500-ish SPR would be good? He should survive 2 meteors. My best weapons for him are non-elemental (Auron STMR katana, Lightning STMR sword), but I can set him up for any element you want.

Hey @Tiphares did you set up your A.Lasswell? I'd appreciate it! I'm finding about 50% Fire Resist, 500SPR, and 14k HP lets him survive the fixed AoE turns. If you can have him on Diabolos (and maybe with Muramasa for extra Mankiller) that would be ideal!
    Sorry. I was really busy yesterday and did not check the forums. I think CG Lughtning might be the min damage requirement. I've seen clears with her, Reberta, Elena, and Bartz so far.

Looks like a filler week, no new event, but we're getting the Scorn of the Stag trial, a holiday trial marathon and IW. Chocobo Fina is the banner.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Alright, rant time, because I'm mad we're getting screwed out of the monthly Story Event again. I was counting on that lapis to have enough for a full Halloween step-up.

But they must be terrified of summonfest or something. Why Gumi does two Mog King events in a row to leave everyone with no NRG, only to follow it up with a raid (no NRG) and a challenge road (minimal NRG) is just terrible event planning. And then another skipped story event, booting CG Dark Fina and Summonfests one more month down the road.

Now October we've now lost our story event lapis. And season 2 is done, so unless Gumi is just going to push ahead with Season 3 early, we're also not getting main story update lapis at the end of month. Total lapis for October is going to look like year 1 levels of lapis.

edited October 2019
    It's possible there will be a late or Wednesday news post about the Physalis story event, but it's not looking good. I guess the TMR farm will keep running... I agree this was really poor event scheduling, but it looks like they didn't want to distract from the ChocoFina banner. 21k for 2 random 5* and 1 ChocoFina is a pretty good value, but it's a trap. They're trying to drain lapis before the Halloween banner next week.

Tiphares on

Sorry. I was really busy yesterday and did not check the forums. I think CG Lughtning might be the min damage requirement. I've seen clears with her, Reberta, Elena, and Bartz so far.

I saw clear with Shadowlord, who benefits from his triple guts mechanic allowing him to build for pure damage. I'll have to check the Reberta clear and see if I can pull off that build.

Reminder: Vault of Hidden Treasures!
    Collect your 30 lapis and free stuffs!

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they seem to be going full steam ahead with the reduction in lapis and standard tickets that JP recently implemented. I'd expect that's also the main reason we haven't seen the story reset(s) or expert missions. Even JP's 4th anniversary bonuses are anemic compared to last year's.

I saw clear with Shadowlord, who benefits from his triple guts mechanic allowing him to build for pure damage. I'll have to check the Reberta clear and see if I can pull off that build.
    Check out this youtuber. He loves Reberta, but also has some niche units like Revera and AI Katy.
    I could setup a decently strong Shadowlord if you want to go that route.

I have been seriously considering using 10k trust coins to get a moogle prism for Dual Form for Reberta and A.Lasswell. I'm up to 35k trust coins which I'm just sitting on to see what's coming soon. I'm just not sure I want to use it since they would be niche use for me. Plus, my TDW gear is very lacking.

edited October 2019
    I wish I had 7* Shadowlord, I only have the one. I do have Rivera, and I'm sure I can figure out a way around using AIKaty.

edit: Ok, looks like I can use CG Charlotte and Kryla as my chainers (Absolute Zero frames) and cap with Reberta jumps. That should work wonders. I'll give that a go next time I have the time to set up my units. Finding a good Reberta friend will be the hardest part I bet.

Cruor on
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I got up to my 5* ticket from the current MK. Popped out Sylvie #3 or #4. need to look at her STMR.

I wish I had 7* Shadowlord, I only have the one. I do have Rivera, and I'm sure I can figure out a way around using AIKaty.
    Rivera is very slot efficient. The clear I saw using Rivera and Reberta had a finisher I believe. It might have been 2x chainer with Reberta as a finisher. I've seen a lot of different clears so I'm not sure.

This is the clear that I want to try, but my Reberta is not that strong... yet.

The 10-turn clear with Reberta and AIKaty should be doable by me with some alterations. I need to enhance my Ignacio (which I wanted to do anyway!) but I can use:
    Ignacio
    CGFina
    Kryla
    CGCharlotte
    Reberta
    Reberta

That pretty much covers everything that 10 turn clear does with units I have, and the double Reberta caps on Charlotte/Kryla chains should do some hefty damage, even if my Reberta isn't sporting 3k+ ATK.

Alright, got my Reberta set up with as much ATK/jump damage/Man killer as I can. Could anyone set up a Reberta for me? No need for defensive stats as she'll be in the sky most of the time. Just need damage.

edited October 2019
    I will get mine setup now.

edit: Ok. All set. Only 2265 ATK but 575% Jump Damage with Man Eater+ and Diabolos. Tab 2. (Event 1)

edit2: If she's not doing enough damage, I can swap out the Dragoon's Gauntlet for a Colorful Lei to give her a good amount more ATK and lose some of the jump damage. I don't have a damage calculator to figure out what config is better.

Tiphares on
    I will get mine setup now.

edit: Ok. All set. Only 2265 ATK but 575% Jump Damage with Man Eater+ and Diabolos. Tab 2. (Event 1)

edit2: If she's not doing enough damage, I can swap out the Dragoon's Gauntlet for a Colorful Lei to give her a good amount more ATK and lose some of the jump damage. I don't have a damage calculator to figure out what config is better.

I'll be trying it out sometime tonight, so we'll see.

Looks like FFBE Equip says Reberta jump damage is maxed if she uses 2x Colorful Lei instead of Dragoon Gauntlet + Flapping Wing. New build is ~2630 ATK, 425% jump damage.
    So, almost 400 ATK is better than 150% jump damage. Not by a huge amount, but every bit helps.