As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So the Celtics signed Tacko Fall to a two way contract which means he'll spend a big chunk of time in Maine. Guess who lives in Maine less than an hour away from where the Red Claws play?

Tacko Fall?

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I love to have a Tacko Fall in my mouth

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If Tacko Fall's agent doesn't get him some kind of taco endorsement he should be fired.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    In an entirely unforeseeable turn of events, China has realized you can't copy the NBA like they do every other product, and with no fanfare, Tencent has quietly resumed streaming NBA preseason games after claiming they would stop.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    lebron's statement on china and morey today was insanely disappointing.
    Yes, we all do have freedom of speech, but at times there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you're not thinking about others, and you're only thinking about yourself
    plz mr morey stop talking about hong kong or china might not watch space jam 2.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    go fuck yourself lebron

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Lebron's statement fucking sucks ass in every way

Also, I can't help but look at some of the suddenly vocal defenders of human rights and wonder what their reaction would be if instead of China, what if, and just to pull a completely random example out of the blue here, what if it was an American corporation blackballing an athlete for speaking out against, let's say, police violence in the United States?

In conclusion, fuck LeBron's weak bullshit, and double fuck every single one of the "muh free speech" Ted Cruz motherfuckers who are happy to condemn police brutality and state violence an ocean away while ignoring what happens in their back yard.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    lebron's statement on china and morey today was insanely disappointing.
    Yes, we all do have freedom of speech, but at times there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you're not thinking about others, and you're only thinking about yourself
    plz mr morey stop talking about hong kong or china might not watch space jam 2.

Yes, because supporting Hong Kong is totally Morey thinking only of himself and not others and oh god my brain

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    "We all talk about this freedom of speech. Yes we all do have freedom of speech. But at times there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you're not thinking about others -- when you only think about yourself. I don't want to get into a word feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke. So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but also physically, emotionally, spiritually, so be careful what we tweet, what we say, what we do, even though yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes from it."

God damn man

Next Bron’s going to say that republicans buy sneakers too

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    What a shock, the guy who wears a wish.com logo on his jersey has a shitty opinion on China.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rich people gonna be rich people.

Lebron is one of the better ones but if he was truly a paragon of good, he wouldn't horde the half a billion plus dollars he's worth in the first place.

edited October 2019
    I’m still miffed

Lebron to rest of NBA: shut up and dribble

Could at least told Morey to talk to KD about setting up alt accounts for this stuff

Captain Inertia on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's sad but LeBron has been a celebrity since he was 15. We shouldn't be surprised at his plutocratic tendencies.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Gotta protect LeBrand.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    God damn man

Next Bron’s going to say that republicans buy sneakers too

LeBron is finally better than MJ at something.

not feeling it.

black and white is for the nets and the spurs. the number font also looks way out of place compared to the hyper stylized city text. they're not terrible but they could do better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    not feeling it.

black and white is for the nets and the spurs lazy designers. the number font also looks way out of place compared to the hyper stylized city text. they're not terrible but they could do better.

i mean, not a shocker.

whatever i went to the sixers preseason game last night and i'm 100% on the matisse thybulle train. that dude is so fun to watch play defense, if you told me he could see one second into the future i wouldn't be surprised.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Zion will be out for "weeks" with a knee injury

Zion will be out for "weeks" with a knee injury

that's a bummer, wanted to see him play. his knees are going to be the eternal question though with how heavy he is combined with his athleticism and playstyle.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Siakim just got 4 years 130 million

damn

toronto had to pay him because nobody is ever going to sign a FA deal to play in toronto

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Nobody turns down their first max and he averaged 19.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.7 assists in the Finals. He's worth it

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Zion out 6-8 weeks after surgery and now is trending on Twitter as people are calling him Greg Oden...

I'm not saying he's Greg Oden but I don't think there is a chance he ever lives up to the hype. Not even close.

Forcing me to watch Kyle Lowry flopping all across the earth like a fish out of water in the first nba game of the season was not fun.

Dude is one of the most anti-fun basketball players. At least harden does impressive things when he’s not flopping.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    "One of our best values here in America is free speech,” O’Neal said on TNT. “We're allowed to say what we want to say, and we’re allowed to speak out on injustices, and that's just how it goes. And if people don’t understand that, that’s something they have to deal with.”

“Daryl Morey was right,” O’Neal said. “Whenever you see something wrong going on anywhere in the world, you should have the right to say 'that's not right' and that's what he did.”

and this is why Shaq is the true GOAT

Xehalus on
    When you can't decide whether to dunk or pass.

Kyrie drops 50 and they lose by 2. Expect to see a lot of that until Durant comes back.

the nets court looks like they have some sort of selective color filter running. it's so weird.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Luka was really impressive first game back, even if it was against the Wizards.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Josh Okogie Defensive MVP

This discussion has been closed.