As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    i've yet to see a single weapon, done escalation 2 times now.

2 times? Oh my sweet summer child...

Twice with the key for the chest.
    Done the boss like half a dozen times now.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

It took me...18 runs to get the shotgun when that was the weapon of the week. So, yeah, 6 is not that many.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I wonder if the extra valor xp of Iron Banner will work on the Eriana's Vow catalyst progress. Probably not . . .

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular

Yeah... EP is absolutely BRUTAL with its low drop rates.

Five times in a row, and zilch. Nothing. Nada. Got my armor piece from the chest and got nothing.

I'm also trying to get this jump ship because I'm still stuck with a lame ass jump ship from that vendor.

Which, according to someone on discord, the ship has a 2% drop rate. Excuse me wtf? You can get an identical ship with different markings from high scoring Mars nightfall. But what counts as high scoring? Game doesnt say...

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    For EP, the cheat you need a key for at the end will only ever drop armor. If you have zero of the armor pieces, it should drop them on a set knock-out list order, starting with the class item and ending with the helm. After you obtain all 5 pieces, it will drop any of the pieces randomly after that if you use the key. No weapons drop out of the chest, only from the boss.

The boss drops are supposed to be weighted so that the more completions you do without a weapon drop, the higher the chance that one will drop on the next kill. The 5 bosses have different drop tables, with 3 of them only dropping a single weapon type (Kathok only drops the smg, Nur Abath only drops the shotty, Damkath only drops the sniper). The remaining 2 (Naksud and Bok Litur) have the chance to drop all 3.

Bok Litur is the easiest to farm, as they are just a big ol’ chunk of health to burn through with no other mechanics, but it also puts you at the mercy of getting a weapon drop you already have.

here is a good reddit post explaining all of what I said above in more detail

Edit: due to the fact that you can reset back to wave 6 easily, and that the rolls for all 3 weapons are fixed, this is actually one of the better grinds in the game. You are virtually certain to get a drop after a couple of hours of doing EP unless RNG completely screws you, and there’s no chance of a bad roll. Comparing this to reckoning or trying to get the raid exotics, the EP grind is much nicer.

Edit 2: only the shotgun is really usable as a “meta” pve weapon, and with the changes to infinite reloads and trench barrel, it’s fallen from a boss-killer to more of a major-killer. It’s good at bank clearing in gambit for example. If you don’t want to farm it, you aren’t missing a huge amount.

ronzo on
    How much of a grind am I looking at for getting an Osprey? It's the only thing standing in my way of getting the Wayfarer title.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    How much of a grind am I looking at for getting an Osprey? It's the only thing standing in my way of getting the Wayfarer title.

It's a thing. Think it took me a dozen tries last time it came up?

Definitely do the high score run first to get a nice high score and then just burn through it. It's actually fairly soloable because the boss just melts to Wardcliff.

Though without the reload shennigans I wonder if you can actually get multiple shots off before he starts his stupid invulnerable bullshit. Hmm....that could be an issue now.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

Well, first, Strange Terrain needs to be on the nightfall list for the week. Second, the drop rate is pretty small. I have yet to get mine.

The proposed strategy for getting any of the NF drops.

- Do one run where you get as many points as possible (at least 100,000 points).
    - After that, set the modifiers back down and run it as fast as possible, not worrying about the score.

I don't know if this is actually how things work, or if it did and doesn't now, or if it never did, but it's the advice I've seen given. The theory behind it, is that the higher your NF score, the higher chance you have to get the drop. Every run after that high score gets a slight bump in the chance to get the drop.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Not much. Nokris is an easy & quick NF, just not a frequently available one. If it’s up this week, probably 3-5 runs for an Osprey, assuming good scores.

Definitely do the high score run first to get a nice high score and then just burn through it. It's actually fairly soloable because the boss just melts to Wardcliff.

Though without the reload shennigans I wonder if you can actually get multiple shots off before he starts his stupid invulnerable bullshit. Hmm....that could be an issue now.

How do I do the high score version?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Took a bunch of us in the PC clan like 30+ clears to get it to drop.

And yeah, without instant-reload well you probably gotta do the boss legit, which adds an extra 5+ minutes to every run.

I did it in a group of three. You want Arc singe/heavyweight and run Wardcliff coils. Kinda open on the third modifier, Famine is sorta busted so usually fine. Extinguish isn't bad because if you wipe you've probably fucked up a high score run. 100k shouldn't be a huge issue. 200k wasn't bad but I did it when you could put a huge light penalty on which I think is no longer the case.
    shryke wrote: »

And yeah, without instant-reload well you probably gotta do the boss legit, which adds an extra 5+ minutes to every run.

I think Wardcliff x3 should probably still drop them. Certainly in just the opening and first damage phase if it comes to that.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Fucking hell bungie.

Maybe don't keep adding more activities without matchmaking in your game that has no real tools to find teams, and the only "tool" you do provide is no less random than matchmaking (nevermind it's more a storefront for recoveries) so...what's the fucking difference? :rotate:

I get that discord is easy enough to use, but even then you're just matching with randoms anyway. Having matchmaking turned off for so many activities benefits absolutely no one, and just creates a pointless hurdle for everyone.

You've got raids, you've got nightfalls, heroic menagerie, exotic weapon quests, Shattered throne; and to a somewhat lesser degree, you've got comp. Yeah it's matchmade, and it's nice there's a solo queue, but it wasn't a secret to anyone playing without a fireteam in the past was an exercise in frustration.

I just don't understand who it is for? Who benefits from locking even more stuff behind an arbitrary barrier?

Half the content added in Shadowkeep is, or will be, not matchmade; in an online game that doesn't have tools to find players. That's stupid! 2/4 nightfalls aren't matchmade. The raid isn't matchmade. 2/4 Hunts won't be matchmade. I strongly suspect the Undying Mind thing at the end of the season won't be matchmade, and there's no way the dungeon will be matchmade. The only things in Shadowkeep with matchmaking are the lower tiers of nightfalls/hunts, with vastly inferior rewards, vex offensive (for now; again, I doubt undying mind will be matchmade, and I'm going to not be surprised if there's a harder version that is also lacking matchmaking, later) and the patrol. That's it. If there's a secret exotic quest like whisper/outbreak it won't be matchmade. Everything else that has matchmaking was already available; so I'm talking about new stuff.

This is dumb. I can't always play at the same time as the people in my clan, if we're even playing on the same platform. Often when I play it is random, unplanned times, and I'm not always in a position to have discord open to lfg things. Sometimes I want to do something and just click the button and play, not spend my time organizing or finding a party outside in order to be able to do something I paid to do, and want to do. I'm fine with some content, expected content (raids, basically; and in the past trials, but...) lacking matchmaking, because it's fine to have stuff that can be designed around a more organized party.

But half the content of an expansion? Again, who is this for? People who have ready access to people to play with can do any content, whether it's matchmade or not, why bar people who don't have 2-5 other people on call at any given time? I don't have any idea what, if anything Legend/Master hunts will reward, that Adept and Hero won't; but I assume it's something notable, or there wouldn't be appeal (which would make no matchmaking even that much more stupid). I can already accept raids/trials (if it existed anymore) having gear that is inaccessible to people who can't/won't find others to do them, or don't have the skill or time. Fine. But then the new nightfall system, having the useful rewards for upgrading your armor behind no matchmaking is shitty; particularly since the only other source of them, outside of the handful you get from the season pass, is through stupid expensive material costs. Maybe non raiders don't need as high of a power level as raiders, that's fine; who cares? But even the average player needs the armor upgrades since they provide the only meaningful way to get perks now, and the perk costs of most perks means that without fully upgrading your armors, 2.0 armor is basically universally less powerful than 1.0 armor. Between perks being restricted to elements and the cost of perks meaning that outside of artifact perks you're rarely, if ever, going to be able to make a 2.0 armor with the potential of a 1.0 one. So in order to even get back to where you already were (particularly since the stats of 1.0 armor make you gimped now, compared to before), you need to level your armor as much as possible. It isn't really optional!

But no, half the content is locked behind no matchmaking, and that is the place you can get what you need to upgrade your stuff to enjoy the game generally; and the players who have others to play with all the time just get both the more interesting content and more ready access to those materials. There's enough shit in the real world where people who have access to more get access to even more, simply because they have the access; I don't need that shit in my video games.

Stop making everything interesting not have matchmaking. Jesus.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Solo queue Comp is easier to climb in, since the matched are more balanced and fair. That being said playing with friends is better for your sanity when the game decides to roll you in with two idiots who waste all the lives. And if you want to go into Comp team queue you can, and try to add people you get grouped with.

I'd say if you want to hit 2100 it's easier than ever before, and you can get pretty high Glory in solo queue. Once you hit 3500-4000 range you'd probably want to squad up since at Mythic 2 or 3 you lose 100 points per loss.

I'm chilling at ~4200 and with the quality of teams I think I'll have to group for the last stretch

I did it in a group of three. You want Arc singe/heavyweight and run Wardcliff coils. Kinda open on the third modifier, Famine is sorta busted so usually fine. Extinguish isn't bad because if you wipe you've probably fucked up a high score run. 100k shouldn't be a huge issue. 200k wasn't bad but I did it when you could put a huge light penalty on which I think is no longer the case.

I think Wardcliff x3 should probably still drop them. Certainly in just the opening and first damage phase if it comes to that.

Would I be able to get a decent score alone? I don't usually have but one other person to play with and he works out on a rig for half the month at a time.

They can't. Randos can't communicate in this game so past a certain point, they have to remove matchmaking to increase complexity.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    They can't. Randos can't communicate in this game so past a certain point, they have to remove matchmaking to increase complexity.

Considering the dumb shit I've seen people do in Gambit, I can not imagine wanting to RAID with those same random groups, no.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

you are in luck as Strange Terrain is up as one of the old school Nightfalls this week. would definitely be up for grinding it out some this week on Xbox. the Osprey is the last thing i need for that collection and for the related Triumph Seal.

Flashbacks to ME:Andromeda having your mic on by default in the multi-player, resulting in endless matches of static constantly.

edited October 2019
    Wraith260 wrote: »

you are in luck as Strange Terrain is up as one of the old school Nightfalls this week. would definitely be up for grinding it out some this week on Xbox. the Osprey is the last thing i need for that collection and for the related Triumph Seal.

Count me in for sure! I can level up my Wardcliff I guess. Don't I need a modifier thing? I never picked one up so I may have to wait for Xur to come.

Edit: What is the light level for the legacy nightfalls?

AuburnTiger on
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Count me in for sure! I can level up my Wardcliff I guess. Don't I need a modifier thing? I never picked one up so I may have to wait for Xur to come.

I'm 95% sure that Wraith will have the card you need. As long as he's FT leader, you'll be fine.

The other thing is that for the Nightfalls I've had reasonable luck with bungie's LFG stuff on their site. At least on PS4 for Nightfalls that was an actual viable path to getting a group. Most groups will absolutely be able to finish and you'll often get groups that can easily do the 100k/200k score runs.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

You can't apply beneficial modifiers to your Nightfall card anymore. No Heavyweight/Grenadier/Brawler. You can choose a Singe and three negative modifiers, that's it. For highest possible score you'll want Match Game, Blackout, and Extinguish (in that order of importance). Then set the handicap to whatever gets the lowest member of your fireteam to exactly the recommended level (820?)

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular

Yeah we used to game the xbox party system to get 9 motivated guardians in there to beat them to death and run it over and over and over all afternoon. It's a long haul thing, you're kinda at a disadvantage that most people don't run it like that anymore.

Vagabond wrote: »

You can't apply beneficial modifiers to your Nightfall card anymore. No Heavyweight/Grenadier/Brawler. You can choose a Singe and three negative modifiers, that's it. For highest possible score you'll want Match Game, Blackout, and Extinguish (in that order of importance). Then set the handicap to whatever gets the lowest member of your fireteam to exactly the recommended level (820?)

Geez. Here I thought they just ignored the old Nightfalls. Really not sure why they did that since Nightfalls aren't even powerfuls anymore.

They won't let us have any fun at all.

Considering the dumb shit I've seen people do in Gambit, I can not imagine wanting to RAID with those same random groups, no.

Look at how well people get The Corrupted and it's one very simple mechanic.

Without the ability to type out shit to teammates, the game can't do complexity. Which is a bit sad cause this game needs more hard content.

For Nokris runs, my recommended card would be:

Handicap: Either 170+ if you have LL to spend, or none at all. You have to use a substantial Handicap to make it matter, and you’ll likely have to go below 820.
    Arc Singe (Watch out for Wizards + Boomers)
    Match Game (Strike has Arc Knights, Solar Wizards, Void Acolytes)
    Famine (Quip says its broken, but you can probably offset it with Finisher perks if it functions)
    Extinguish

The boss cheese may not work anymore, but it’s not such a terrible fight. Blackout seems difficult to manage during the Ogre fight and Nokris fight, so I wouldn’t really recommend it.

metaghost wrote: »
    For Nokris runs, my recommended card would be:

Handicap: Either 170+ if you have LL to spend, or none at all. You have to use a substantial Handicap to make it matter, and you’ll likely have to go below 820.
    Arc Singe (Watch out for Wizards + Boomers)
    Match Game (Strike has Arc Knights, Solar Wizards, Void Acolytes)
    Famine (Quip says its broken, but you can probably offset it with Finisher perks if it functions)
    Extinguish

The boss cheese may not work anymore, but it’s not such a terrible fight. Blackout seems difficult to manage during the Ogre fight and Nokris fight, so I wouldn’t really recommend it.

Blackout makes things the hardest but it also gives the largest multiplier. May not be required for Nokris since there is a LOT of score opportunity there. Using the highest multipliers it was relatively trivial to hit over 200k

vq2TEKC.png
    Yeah, I tend to avoid Blackout with Hive, as it’s just annoying to get instagibbed by Thrall.

I’m also just not sure 200k is very realistic anymore. It seems they’ve really been trying to tone down possible high scores such that they better represent the values conveyed in Triumphs/Weekly Challenges.

Another thing with Nokris for score is you may not want to instagib him even if it is possible. The two to three extra add waves are some tasty score points.

Another thing with Nokris for score is you may not want to instagib him even if it is possible. The two to three extra add waves are some tasty score points.

You can harvest the knights that drop orbs for extra points too. Throw the orbs off the cliff on the left and the knight will respawn and you can kill him for more points. Repeat as many times as needed.

Yeah, I tend to avoid Blackout with Hive, as it’s just annoying to get instagibbed by Thrall.

I’m also just not sure 200k is very realistic anymore. It seems they’ve really been trying to tone down possible high scores such that they better represent the values conveyed in Triumphs/Weekly Challenges.

From what I can surmise based on the Lightbearer triumph progress bar, we'll eventually have to earn a 300k score on Nightfall: The Ordeal.

vq2TEKC.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think I've finally gotten into a rhythm of working on one long-term pursuit, then switching over and working on another, then switching over and doing dailies or weeklies when that comes up again.

Man there's a lot of shit to do.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Vagabond wrote: »

From what I can surmise based on the Lightbearer triumph progress bar, we'll eventually have to earn a 300k score on Nightfall: The Ordeal.

I haven't managed a 100k run, so I wasn't sure how that Triumph would increment, whether it would be 300k by the end or 100k on three different Ordeals.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I think I've finally gotten into a rhythm of working on one long-term pursuit, then switching over and working on another, then switching over and doing dailies or weeklies when that comes up again.

Man there's a lot of shit to do.

I started on steam launch, and i am definitely finding the sheer amount of shit to do somewhat stressful (deciding to spend the first week doing old campaings does not help, but i don't regret it).
    Especially combined with the seasonal stuff like triumphs.
    I play lot more than an average player (no, not telling how much), and it still feels like not enough.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize Iron Banner was going to be Control.

My addiction to that format is paying off.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, Iron Banner is a modified version of Control. If you capture all 3 zones, it locks them down for a short period for your team

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I love it. I’ve been playing Control mostly every night, this is just icing on the cake.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Came back to try the changes. totally lost in new quests, but overall think the changes seem decent. Infusion slightly less BS. Are flashpoints not a thing now? One of my quests says complete a challenge and I'm not sure what that menas in the new system.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Came back to try the changes. totally lost in new quests, but overall think the changes seem decent. Infusion slightly less BS. Are flashpoints not a thing now? One of my quests says complete a challenge and I'm not sure what that menas in the new system.

Flashpoints still exist, but you need to hit 900 before the Powerful challenges start to appear as options

Challenges now are pretty much the old Milestones

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL