As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [GIF] Thread is home to all, but will always be (NSF56K)

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Also, that's a well made fence.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So, they're sticking with them/they pronouns?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That fence is absolutely not keeping that animal in.

It's keeping the humans out.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    nyb0BWv.gif

Bless Don Hertzfeldt.

To drink liquid, you must become liquid:

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Pro GTA strats:

Wow, I couldn't manage that shot in a million years:

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    nailed it

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    nailed it

literally

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Does any poor bastard even have a 56k modem anymore? Because if not, it's one of those hilarious tech artifacts that shows you are officially an old person.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there's probably some people somewhere on 56k, but I think the warning is now more for people on limited mobile data.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

I wish I could take credit for the portmanteau "labranoodle" but it's the title of the post.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Man that's gotta be a 15 pounder. Good dog!

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    there's probably some people somewhere on 56k, but I think the warning is now more for people on limited mobile data.

I have Wifi on my Tablet and this and the snugglehug thread make the chrome browser slow down a lot. (Amazon Fire HD10) I can imagine some phones having issues just loading all the gifs.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    GIFs only load in an arbitrarily-sized tiny box for me, so I can't even see the entire thing on mobile.

sig.gif

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

I have Wifi on my Tablet and this and the snugglehug thread make the chrome browser slow down a lot. (Amazon Fire HD10) I can imagine some phones having issues just loading all the gifs.

Depending on the amount of gifs on a given page, this thread can still/nearly crash my PC. I reaaaally miss the firefox addon that automatically paused all animated gifs and let you play them with a click.

• CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

Depending on the amount of gifs on a given page, this thread can still/nearly crash my PC. I reaaaally miss the firefox addon that automatically paused all animated gifs and let you play them with a click.

If you are not adverse to using Chrome or Vivaldi there is an add-on called AutoplayStopper that does pretty much the exact same thing.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

In the latest firefox you can block autoplay of videos, and since almost everything in this thread seems to be html5 video changing the autoplay to block audio and video will pause them all until you right click and play them.

the transition to mostly using html5 videos embedded like gifs has mostly solved the browser-fucking problem I used to have loading a page of huge animated gifs, actually.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

In the latest firefox you can block autoplay of videos, and since almost everything in this thread seems to be html5 video changing the autoplay to block audio and video will pause them all until you right click and play them.

Where is this setting, if I may ask?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Where is this setting, if I may ask?

Options -> Privacy & Security

Then scroll down to Permissions and you'll see Autoplay. By default it's set to Block Audio so change it to Block Audio and Video. Keep in mind this seems to only be available on the desktop versions of firefox.

I hear the mobile version of firefox is in maintenance mode while they work on a big overhaul.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

'eyy this is good enough, thanks!

Why does that fish want to get out of the water so bad OH SHIT

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sound on.

This takes gallows humor to a whole new level.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    cB557 wrote: »

Make sure you watch at least 3 "loops"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KmmZBBJGkE

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Don't try this at home unless you're recording it:

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    DONT BEES
    OPEN INSIDE

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that is a goddamn cursed gif

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    For all you know the bees own that business and are making deliveries.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.