As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You wanna pizza my [movies] thread?

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Masterful.

Edit: Best ToTP 2019.

sarukun on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Sometimes I sit back and think about how most sitcom characters would be actually insufferable and awful people to know if they were real

Most real people are already insufferable and awful so what's the diff.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    *laughtrack*

*applause*

*one man whoops twice*

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I wanna hang out with Arnold Rimmer, help him get over his hangups about disappointing his parents and encourage him to embrace his love of cartography.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I wanna hang out with Arnold Rimmer, help him get over his hangups about disappointing his parents and encourage him to embrace his love of cartography.

Technically, that's from the book, rather than the TV show.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Technically, that's from the book, rather than the TV show.

Close enough.

Also Chris Barrie narrated the book and it's great

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Oh, the amount of people who identify with Archie Bunker nowadays is scary. Like, the man is not supposed to be likable.

'But, he didn't join the KKK!' they say, like that absolves him of his bigoted prejudices (even for the time the show was produced)

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The Parks and Rec people are largely decent people, that's kind of the whole point of the show, I'd be friends with most of them, or at least on friendly terms.

Solar on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Rose and Bernard from LOST

Build me a shelter like 5 minute walk away from them.

Pop over for food now and then, or to crack a Dharma beer.

Literally ignore everyone else and just be on a tropical island.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I reckon if your neighbours were Jim and Pam from the office your opinion of your neighbours would be largely positive, you know, you might end up being friends with them

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Solar wrote: »
    The Parks and Rec people are largely decent people, that's kind of the whole point of the show, I'd be friends with most of them, or at least on friendly terms.

If I had to hang out with the entire cast of a show I think Parks and Rec would be my choice.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I reckon if your neighbours were Jim and Pam from the office your opinion of your neighbours would be largely positive, you know, you might end up being friends with them

Pam would be fine. Jim would make so many snide comments about other people that you would just assume he was trashing you on your way out the door as well.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

If I had to hang out with the entire cast of a show I think Parks and Rec would be my choice.

Tom would drive me batshit.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Tom would drive me batshit.

It's not a perfect scenario but it seems like the best overall crew to hang out with.

Tom and Chris would both drive me nuts.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I'd pick the Addams Family.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I basically lived with a more liberal Ron Swanson for six years and I fully recommend it

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'd pick the Addams Family.

I don't know

I heard they do what they want to do, say what they want to say, live how they want to live, play how they want to play, dance how they want to dance kick and then slap a friend.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Scott Wampler is once again doing the only interviews that matter.

This one with Jessie Eisenberg and Ruben Fleischer and including important questions like why isn't the sequel to Now You See Me called Now You Don't, what's up with that wig in the Venom post-credits and asking Jessie to come over to his house and "take care" of his neighbor.

I'd find Andy and Amy to be probably a bit annoying after a while with them, and Tom is probably quite exhausting. Everyone else yeah is probably fine. Ron Swanson I'd def bring a book though

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Last few hours of a criterion sale, and that Godzilla boxset is available for preorder. It’s not the full 50% off, but still a deal!

Alas, I’m broke as fuck.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I think Arrow and Shout Factory are also running sales too if your wallet needs a good emptying.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I went with a fairly basic choice in Seven Samurai because my physical media collection is, uh, lacking

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Scott Wampler is once again doing the only interviews that matter.

This one with Jessie Eisenberg and Ruben Fleischer and including important questions like why isn't the sequel to Now You See Me called Now You Don't, what's up with that wig in the Venom post-credits and asking Jessie to come over to his house and "take care" of his neighbor.
    Speaking of neighbors: you recently starred in The Art of Self Defense. My neighbor, Kevin, is being a real dick about this fence situation and I'm wondering if you can come over and take care of this for me.

JE (zero hesitation): Yes.

You know what I mean by "take care of this"?

JE: Yes.

Like, take care of this.

JE: It's done.

Kevin's got a real attitude problem.

JE: No, no, no - I got this.

He sometimes wears a shirt that says "Fuck Jesse Eisenberg" and I said, "You better not!" and he said -

JE: Wait, y'know, actually - I get a cut of every sale on that shirt, so that's okay.

Jesse Eisenberg seems like he's game for some dumb bullshit.

Moriveth on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I feel like Ron Swanson would be a monumental asshole to be around.
    Like the show did a lot of work to make him not too much of a dick, but knowing what libertarians are like in real life makes me want to be nowhere near him.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nick Offerman has said that Ron would find the libertarians running around these days to be absolute scum (paraphrasing).

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I don't know that I would want to hang out with Bob, he's too low energy, but I would definitely eat a Bob's Burgers.

Also I would definitely hang out with Leslie Knope over the rest of the cast...by kind of a long way.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bob is a man who likes to complain about every minor inconvenience in his life, so I figure I'd get along with him.

Linda would drive me crazy though.

Me and Gene would get along great though.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I Have a spin on the question

What sitcom character would you want to hang out with ONCE, and then never again, for the experience

Mine are coach mcguirk and Tracey Jordan

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

What sitcom character would you want to hang out with ONCE, and then never again, for the experience

James Van Der Beek

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

If Aqua Teen Hunger Force counts as a sitcom, Carl

Mac and Charlie from Always Sunny

Niles Crane

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Death from Family Guy? I guess? I don't know many sitcoms and he at least seems fairly chill

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think mac and Charlie would have a fairly significant chance of killing you in your first meeting

Carl and niles are great choices

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Adrian Pimento

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Jean-Ralphio and Mona-Lisa Saperstein

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    No one would hang out with Hal from malcom in the middle?

That's fine me and him will have wacky fun without you!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Jean-Ralphio and Mona-Lisa Saperstein

Ugh man that would be the Woooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssstttttttttt.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    No one would hang out with Hal from malcom in the middle?

That's fine me and him will have wacky fun without you!

Hal would be exhausting
    but I bet I could rope him into some kind of insane backyard engineering scheme so actually yeah

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The only live action sitcoms I remember watching are Big Bang Theory, That 70's Show, Two and a Half Men, very briefly How I Met Your Mother, and Malcolm in the Middle.

I do not particularly want to hang out with anyone i can remember from them.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'd definitely hang out with a couple of the 70s show kids

This discussion has been closed.