As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    She's gonna poop in your shoes.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Bodhi has, on a couple of occasions over the past month, whined loudly from the living room at 3 or 4 in the morning. In the past, this has meant a bathroom emergency, so one of us will get up and let him out if this is the case.

However, in the past month, I’ve gotten out of bed to check on his whining to see him standing up next to his bed near the couch. I offer to take him outside but he’s not interested. He’s just standing next to the bed staring at me, whining softly.

I do notice, however, that the bed isn’t flush up against the couch like normal; it is in fact, askew, as though a massive sook of a dog slept in it, rolled over, and inadvertently pushed it away from the couch.

Glaring at my dog, I push the bed back into place with my foot. He happily gets back on the bed, curls up, and falls asleep before I’ve even turned the lights back off.

I haven’t been sleeping particularly well over the past few weeks anyway, and as such I really should be annoyed, but then he gives me this face and I just can’t stay mad.

gxUjvmc.jpg

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Taking the time to train your human really pays off!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    it’s also extremely hard to get out of bed when it’s cold and you’re already snuggled in and warm and sleep-deprived on top of that

but then I feel bad that he’s clearly not comfy either (plus if he does need to be let out, getting up for no reason is better than cleaning up an accident) so I force myself to get up

and like I’m glad he’s comfier once I correctly orient the bed for His Excellency

but ugh

I’m a chump

Vivixenne on
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I would just leave the back door open when the poods were here, and all other dogs we've had have been outside dogs.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So my youngest son, Leroy, has HUGE boogers and sneezes mucus all over the place and has done so ever since I got him over a year ago. I took him to the vet when I got him but they just said his immune system needs to catch up but that sounds like bullshit now.

Anyone have any experience with snotty kitties?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    ljvEXF6.jpg?1

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'd like to apologize in advance for some sad news I'd like to share.

This evening my wife and I put down our best little buddy of 17 years. His joints started giving out and his quality of life was starting to go. After a long discussion we decided it was time.

Fred was with me through my second half of university. He was there when Mrs Mittens and I started dating. He was there when when we got married. He was there when our daughter was born 10 months ago. And now he's only here in our memory.

Here is a picture of him from 9 years ago, back when he was a spry 8 years old and still had coloration
    wkZiatj.png?1

Here is a picture of him from today. I took off work so we could spend the whole day together. We got a burger and fries and shared it in his favorite park near the house. It was a beautiful day and he was having a great time
    1vWEoW0.png?1

I'm grateful for all the wonderful memories we've shared together over the years.

Thank you, Fred. I'll always love you.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Awesome for the great times you obviously shared. He was a Good Boy, and he was lucky to have you too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    :bro:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I present rare nature footage that has never before been shown. David Attenborough is gonna narrate this shit.

x5mnfp0vhr92.jpg

This princess is as far from a snugglecat as you can get, as in I can practically count the number of times she sat on my lap, but today she did exactly that twice on top of sleeping on my stomach early in the morning. (Of course, being a pretty princess, she still will not do it without a pillow, because you have to have some fucking standards what the fuck do you think this is.) Truly a momentous day.

It's probably because it snowed in and she's just leeching body heat, but I'll take it

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I present rare nature footage that has never before been shown. David Attenborough is gonna narrate this shit.

This princess is as far from a snugglecat as you can get, as in I can practically count the number of times she sat on my lap, but today she did exactly that twice on top of sleeping on my stomach early in the morning. (Of course, being a pretty princess, she still will not do it without a pillow, because you have to have some fucking standards what the fuck do you think this is.) Truly a momentous day.

It's probably because it snowed in and she's just leeching body heat, but I'll take it

That's my Vivi to the letter. Not at all a lap kitty, will struggle if you pick her up and hold her for more than 3 seconds. She's laid down on my chest exactly one time for the briefest of minutes, and has only sat in my lap when a pillow was present. She'd test how steady the pillow was with a couple of paw presses and if it wasn't too lumpy, then she found it sufficient to her majesty's liking.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ziggy has become a master of the art of revenge

Ban her from the bedroom? She'll shit on the spare bed
    Leave her at home when you go out for a run? Say goodbye to exactly one of your favourite shoes
    Go to a party? all the toilet paper within reach is now in shreds

the best thing about it is the offence/punishment matchup is a constant. She has a very specific set of slights that warrant a spite shit, and a different set for a shoe monch, etc etc.
    I respect her consistency.

e6kb8q4sk7zr.jpeg

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I respect her schnozz

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Boop

need to boop..... rising

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    What is her vengeance for a nose boop?
    I need to know what I'm getting into here, pre-boop.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    see317 wrote: »

Well my dog nose books at 300 miles per hour If you try to pick her up

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

You may get booped right back

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

You may get booped right back

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Got a mabel and ziggy update

Yesterday they went to the big Pet Barn and were very good doggos and stayed close all around the store and didn't bother anyone or make noises
    until my brother-in-law got the register and as he went to pay he looked down
    and somehow, both of them were standing there holding GIANT chew treats they got from who-know-where, like "oh we just thought we'd throw these in if that's ok?"

I don't have any pictures because apparently nobody could stop laughing long enough to take a photo.

I swear that pet shops put their treats at doggo-grabbing level on purpose.

Grandpa Mason has passed on. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaZN-WiNi4

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    RIP, you good boy

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I saw a berner in a mini cooper this morning. Well. Some of it was in the mini cooper anyway. Most of it was hangin out the window.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fannie decided she would get fully comfy on my massive stomach today. She enjoys standing on me, but this is the first time she laid down.

X0iujUch.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Our dog doesn't know how to feel about the 1.5-year old giving her hugs and kisses.

0rbu39h0v6yx.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    According to our vet, Lando's got arthritis :(

He'll be on joint supplements, and we're working on a nice, relaxed exercise schedule to keep him active, but it still sucks, knowing there's no cure.

The weird thing is; it just happened yesterday afternoon. Like, we gave him a bath, patted him dry with a towel, he had the zoomies for a bit, took a nap and then it was like it hit all at once. He can still move around, but he definitely has trouble getting up, and he can't jump up on the bed anymore.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    36uqfadcpilm.jpg

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    According to our vet, Lando's got arthritis :(

He'll be on joint supplements, and we're working on a nice, relaxed exercise schedule to keep him active, but it still sucks, knowing there's no cure.

The weird thing is; it just happened yesterday afternoon. Like, we gave him a bath, patted him dry with a towel, he had the zoomies for a bit, took a nap and then it was like it hit all at once. He can still move around, but he definitely has trouble getting up, and he can't jump up on the bed anymore.

That sucks. Something might've clicked, for better or worse.

Maybe a fine selection of capes will make him feel better?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Well, HRH's heart murmur has progressed over the last year from a 1 to a 5 (on a scale of 6), so this week right before I have to leave town for my brother's wedding I've started him on heart medication. It's the lowest dose of two very common drugs and he's pretty much willing to eat anything you pretend is food/cover in food, so... so far so good.

But I do not like facing the reality of my boy's mortality. :(

47Mjeqzl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    :bro: <3

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    My little buddy was on Enalapril for years and it did wonders for improving/controlling his murmur. Here's to hoping you both have many long happy years together.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    But I do not like facing the reality of my boy's mortality. :(

We're at the point with Enzo (he's about 11) where this becomes real and yeah, it really sucks. I feel you friend.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh, and an email my sister sent sparked that I forgot to mention this here: when my animals all had their most recent checkup on Monday, our vet said that the most recent studies are finding that it's not just grain-free food linked to heart disease in dogs, but all boutique food brands. Grain-free is the main association, but a link has been found with almost all of the boutique brands.

The current guidance out of Tufts and NC State, who are doing a huge collaboration to try and figure out what's going on with this, is to only stick to a few established quality brands: Iams, Eukanuba, Purina One, Science Diet, aaaaand one other I can't remember. Maybe Royal Canin?

Anyway, I meant to post that in here but forgot. Spooky stuff! We definitely were not feeding the dogs those brands so we're switching them over now.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Do we know those studies weren't funded by Nestle?

MichaelLC wrote: »
    Do we know those studies weren't funded by Nestle?

We're all just living in Nestle's world. Dance, puppet.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That reminds me, I'm on the dating apps again, and ran across a woman who mentioned she had a Berner. I didn't think "So, is your dog dumb as a bag of hammers and kinda lazy?" was a good ice-breaker, so I didn't say anything.