As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You wanna pizza my [movies] thread?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The only live action sitcoms I remember watching are Big Bang Theory, That 70's Show, Two and a Half Men, very briefly How I Met Your Mother, and Malcolm in the Middle.

I do not particularly want to hang out with anyone i can remember from them.

well, yeah

The reason the question is kinda fun and interesting is because most sitcom characters are awwwwful humans

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'd definitely hang out with a couple of the 70s show kids

always someone trying to steal a hit from someone they barely know

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'd definitely hang out with a couple of the 70s show kids
    Sounds fun, but then I remember that I'm nearly 40 and it'd probably be creepy to hang out with the high school kids in their parent's basement, even in the 70's.
    But, Red seems like a good enough guy, so long as you're not a dumbass.
    No one would hang out with Hal from malcom in the middle?
    That's fine me and him will have wacky fun without you!
    Hal's too busy trying to replace that light bulb to hang out.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ben from Parks and Rec is probably the person I'd get on with best, but Donna from Parks and Rec is the person I wish I was cool enough to get on with best

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my fiancée makes fun of me for being essentially a grouchier version of Ben Wyatt

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Man none of you wanted to hang out with Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it all? I mean she explains it all! Obviously of course you'd have to de age so you aren't like seen as a pedophile natch.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man none of you wanted to hang out with Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it all? I mean she explains it all! Obviously of course you'd have to de age so you aren't like seen as a pedophile natch.

Now that you mention it it might be fun to hang out with Kenan and Kel

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Fire In Paradise | Main Trailer | Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KNAl23NwME

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Daria and Jane

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I'll watch anything with Gary Oldman in it.

The Laundromat | 60 Trailer | Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1fiM1NkpeM

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Realistically, two of my favorite TV shows, Slings & Arrows and Party Down, are comedies that I enjoy because of how believable their characters are as a part of the acting world

Which both means I would absolutely like to hang out with them and also it might not be too often after the first time

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I would forge a lifelong friendship with Jane Lynch's party down character

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I would love to hang out with Ron Donald for exactly thirty seven minutes

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't realize Chidi was in Midsommar

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    the one talented person from Iron Fist?

Yeah sure!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    I Have a spin on the question

What sitcom character would you want to hang out with ONCE, and then never again, for the experience

Mine are coach mcguirk and Tracey Jordan

If Aqua Teen Hunger Force counts as a sitcom, Carl

Mac and Charlie from Always Sunny

Niles Crane

but we already did hang out, pooro

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Does Doug Funnie count as a sitcom character

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    god the Wachowskis are so good at casting

6F32U1X.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Every time he was on screen I did the "that's Chappie" meme to my roommate and whispered "that's Chidi"

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    god the Wachowskis are so good at casting

It's only Wachowski singular on Matrix 4 I think

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really have not seen parks and rec other than the blooper supercut and various memes
    Reading the Wikipedia write up that is what the show was?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It helped that he was basically playing a slightly more dickish version of Chidi anyway.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Oh why hello there movie I am already sold on

CYpGAPn.png
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

Speaking of which, the Good Place gang would be a great answer to the hang out quedtion.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'd definitely hang out with Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes' characters from Spaced

That'd be cool, as disaffected 20-30 somethings with pretty normal lives and relatively and consistently decent moral codes they are superior to nearly all sitcom characters

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I went with a fairly basic choice in Seven Samurai because my physical media collection is, uh, lacking

Fairly basic choice of one of the best fuckin movies ever made.

Seven Samurai may be one of the first Japanese classics the rest of the world sees, but that doesn’t make it any less dope.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Had to think about it for a while, but I'd almost certainly be friends with Bobby Hill if I were in high school with him. As for characters I'd get along with as an adult, the fictional versions of Jermaine and Clement from the Flight of the Conchords TV show feel pretty down-to-earth compared to most sitcom characters. It'd probably be nice to be friends with them.

As for someone I'd like to hang out with but only once, definitely Niles Crane.

IKknkhU.gif
    It's interesting how many people are picking Niles as a singular contact event. I actually think he's one of those people who improve with further acquaintance, I'm pretty sure my first impressions would be almost completely negative.

actually the sitcom character i want to hang out with most is lassie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Lassie is a great choice, and I never even considered TV animals.

But is Lassie...a sitcom? It always seemed more like an adventure series. 'Cuz if it counts, I am definitely picking Flipper.

IKknkhU.gif
    I would not hang out with Skippy
    kangaroos are dicks.

Stilts wrote: »

But is Lassie...a sitcom? It always seemed more like an adventure series. 'Cuz if it counts, I am definitely picking Flipper.

if lassie doesn't count then i am hanging out with the dog with a blog

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited October 2019
    the dog with a blog has a pretty comprehensive wiki bio
    wikipedia wrote:
    The Voice of "Stan" (Stephen Full) is the James-Jennings family's new dog who blogs and talks. He keeps his talking secret from Ellen and Bennett, and the only people who know that Stan can talk are Avery, Tyler, Chloe, Karl, and Grandma James. Stan hates noisy pomeranians and has a deep love of poodles. It is shown that Avery is his favorite child, which is reinforced by the fact that Stan talks to Avery the most of the three kids. As shown in "World of Woofcraft", he likes the game "Realm of the Tower". Although at times he seems almost human, he is still a dog and has many normal dog qualities and is very sensitive about it. While Stan does not like to admit it, he is also part cat and blames the fact that his dog ancestor "married" his one cat ancestor because it was the 1970s. Stan has a beloved toy monkey named Robert who is his companion. Grandma James found Robert while cleaning the family room and announced that the toy was so disgustingly filthy, it was going straight to the trash. Stan panicked and shouted Robert's name right in front of her, exposing his secret and making Grandma James faint. Stan is also very sensitive about being called "just a dog", which Avery called him in the episode "Stan Runs Away". After a year of secretly writing a blog about his experiences with the family, Avery, Chloe, and Tyler discover Stan's blog in "The Kids Find Out Stan Blogs".

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

At first I thought he meant the detective from Psych, I had completely forgotten about the dog :O

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Got my choice for character I’d want to meet just once.

Well, I bet it’d be nice to see him more but you see, there’s a voice that keeps on calling him
    Down the road, that’s where he’ll always be
    Every stop he makes, he makes a new friend (me)
    But he can’t stay for long, turn around
    And he’s gone again

an-oral-history-of-the-littlest-hobo-canadas-greatest-tv-show-144-1429899147.png?crop=1xw%3A0.7941176470588235xh%3Bcenter%2Ccenter&resize=2000%3A*

maybe tomorrooooowwww

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think, from the vast array of sitcom characters, I might pick Darnell "Crabman" Turner.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I think, from the vast array of sitcom characters, I might pick Darnell "Crabman" Turner.

Don't lie, you know you'd hang out with Doug Judy.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Don't lie, you know you'd hang out with Doug Judy.

I would 100% sing karaoke with Doug Judy and Peralta.

This discussion has been closed.