As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wargroove] The Advance Wars game we've waited 10 years for!

12346»

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Been stuck on 6-Side 2 for like three days. Mostly because I keep making one bad trade up top with the commander and I'm mostly trying to solo up there with them.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I bought a 256gb SD card for my Switch last week. And I bought this game to christen it with. But then I forgot to play...

It's still just sitting there. Like an unwrapped present.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So I’m on what I think is the last mission before I need to farm 100 stars , that’s a cool looking CO .

• Options
    I think I'm going to put the game down, 20+ attempts on 7-2 and it just isn't fun anymore.

• Options
    69 out of 100 stars, need to do puzzle and arcade.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I think I'm going to put the game down, 20+ attempts on 7-2 and it just isn't fun anymore.

Sorry it isn't fun anymore. :(

I'm not in that group just yet, but I know I would be if I played this a lot more than I did.

Have there been any dumb, fun created maps/campaigns out there since launch?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I must be bad then, Im stuck in Act 3 feeling like everything is hard.

Did an easy run on Arcade mode and enjoyed that tho. Going to try again with a harder difficulty.

Curious how multiplayer works. Can I just add people on Steam or do I have to sign up for a multiplatform service?

• Options
    There is a quick play matchmaker in game for random games. Also I felt the campaign didn’t get hard till act 5 then it got obnoxious.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    if theres a level i've gotten stuck on, i've just watched a video of someone beating it and then retried, changing up my tactics as needed.

• Options
    https://wargroove.com/qol-1-2-0-patch-out-tomorrow/

Patch is out - today! Lots of changes. Might go back and retry 7-2 using that checkpoint ability.

• Options
    Nice , will go over the list when I have some time.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    https://wargroove.com/qol-1-2-0-patch-out-tomorrow/

Patch is out - today! Lots of changes. Might go back and retry 7-2 using that checkpoint ability.

really happy about the hover over thing for effective/vulnerability icons

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    yeah the checkpoint thing will make me pick this back up.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    The story difficulty mode will also help with star collection for those that want to unlock the secret characters. The current difficulty is now Hard mode, and you can only unlock S-rank in it. However, on Medium you can still get a full 3-stars, and if you're having too much trouble getting above a one on those difficulties easy still allows you to get 2.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    For those that haven't finished yet. You really do want to try and get 3 stars. There is a level that unlocks that you need at least 100 stars.
    The checkpoint is really nice. They balance to some of the commanders is a good help. They really added some great QoL stuff with this patch. I definitely recommend this game to anyone that has a mild interest in turn based strategy.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm about to start 3-1 and can definitely list out some more QoL changes I'd like to see. Will whip something up later.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    For those that haven't finished yet. You really do want to try and get 3 stars. There is a level that unlocks that you need at least 100 stars.
    The checkpoint is really nice. They balance to some of the commanders is a good help. They really added some great QoL stuff with this patch. I definitely recommend this game to anyone that has a mild interest in turn based strategy.

Yea this is a great and quick QOL patch. Nuru went from very OP to maybe useless - is double cost too much?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
      Considering how much Nuru can threaten the board when she's charged it's probably not useless. It just takes her from S tier to B tier.

Also means that Nuru might want to try hiding away cash each round so the threat is genuine when the wargroove comes online.

My personal suggestion for patching her was to make it so anything that cost more than 600 started inactive.

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Considering how much Nuru can threaten the board when she's charged it's probably not useless. It just takes her from S tier to B tier.

Also means that Nuru might want to try hiding away cash each round so the threat is genuine when the wargroove comes online.

My personal suggestion for patching her was to make it so anything that cost more than 600 started inactive.

This definitely sounds like a fairer trade off.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
        edited October 2019
        Sheesh. With Borderlands I didn't touch the game in a while. Gonna have to make some time.

Studio did a stream today. Might still be going.

Archsorcerer on
        XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
      • Options
        MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
        Sheesh. With Borderlands I didn't touch the game in a while. Gonna have to make some time.

Studio did a stream today. Might still be going.

I remember full-stop playing the game after about 5-6 missions because everything was so slow, even with animations turned off. Hopefully they'll address those issues, because I really need a spiritual successor to Advance Wars.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
        Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
        Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
        Steam ID
        Twitch Page
      • Options
        EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
        After the nonsense with chucklefish and their Starbound development, I'm really torn here.

• Options
        BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
        DLC has been dated on PC for Feb 6th.

• Options
        IblisIblis Registered User regular
        Tried the new campaign a bit. It... uh, seems a little oddly structured. The first mission is an incredibly easy tutorial. Then it opens up to a bunch of new missions with no real hint of where to go. First one I tried is a goddamn slog that seems to assume you played a ton of the game already. Which is a bit odd for something that you may be theoretically using to introduce someone to the game? Or may be playing for the first time in... forever since this is the first bit of content that's dropped for the game. I've had to restart it over again several times, which kind of highlights the generally problematic elements with the game's mission structure where it asks for a pretty significant time investment for a mission but also has no problem with suddenly cranking the difficulty up ludicrously towards the end. They at least offer the ability to create a save to restart from but... still not great. Might just drop the damn difficulty or trying one of the other missions or something.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
      • Options
        Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
        Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
        Resident 8bitdo expert.
        Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.