As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trailers: A Brief History

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Dolittle lost me immediately with slow emo cover song of classic classy Louis Armstrong. Stop!

I'm fairly sure the sad girl cover has been done, though

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Dwayne Johnson must know he's getting to old to be an action star fast

So he’s going whole hog and doing as much shit as possible

He's 47. He's got like 30 years to play a man dating a 20 year old yet.

He has football and enough wrestling years under him that I'm not convinced hes not wearing a muscle suit and is a empty husk underneath.

steam_sig.png
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I am unexpectedly interested in Doolitle. I loved the original movie as a kid, even though nowadays I see how flawed it is. I would never ask for it to be remade as I would think there is no point. However, Downey is so very charming and the premise so silly yet fun I find myself wanting to see it.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Dolittle lost me immediately with slow emo cover song of classic classy Louis Armstrong. Stop!

I'm fairly sure the sad girl cover has been done, though

Also, Detective Pikachu used Satchmo's version in one of their trailers, so even if they were willing to pay up for the rights, they probably decided it would come off as too derivative.

steam_sig.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Or they could have used a different song, maybe one that mentions animals

Sad girl remix of Talk to the Animals from the 1967 movie

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Sad girl remix of The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Another Charlie's Angels trailer, and even tells you the trailer starts now at 0:05 because you're an idiot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voYLots_ZOg

Still looks completely soulless and bland, and having watched the '00 movie during the week because it's back on Netflix, it's trying so hard to be cool where the previous three made it effortless. Kinda sad when the movie seems to be shifting away from the actual movie and more into the soundtrack.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Or they could have used a different song, maybe one that mentions animals

Sad girl remix of Talk to the Animals from the 1967 movie

Chief Wiggum sings Talk to the Animals sad remix

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jungle Cruise looks like someone went "What if The African Queen was an action movie."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Another Charlie's Angels trailer, and even tells you the trailer starts now at 0:05 because you're an idiot!

Still looks completely soulless and bland, and having watched the '00 movie during the week because it's back on Netflix, it's trying so hard to be cool where the previous three made it effortless. Kinda sad when the movie seems to be shifting away from the actual movie and more into the soundtrack.

Hol up.

They made THREE Charlies Angels movies?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    No, they just made 2 movies in the early '00s. This is the third.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I meant three as in Diaz, Liu and Barrymore! Each one ten times better on their own than these new people although I give props for letting tall girl be tall girl and not doing movie magic to make everyone 4' tall.

And in possible future trailer news, this has supposedly leaked of what Sanic's redesign for his movie will be, it actually looks like Sanic!

HD9o9fp.jpg

kWgQJxD.jpg

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have a deep and irrational love of elizabeth banks and all her works so i think charlies angels looks Good ok thanks...

also kristen stewart is good actually

obF2Wuw.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    i have a deep and irrational love of elizabeth banks and all her works so i think charlies angels looks Good ok thanks...

also kristen stewart is good actually

Not anything to do with her acting, but my partner and I agree that Kristen Stewart is really good looking with shorter highlighted hair. That's literally the only reason she is interested in seeing the movie.

KoopahTroopah on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Kristen Stewart has exactly 1 facial expression. Prove me wrong.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

if she only had 1 facial expression, then she would have her current facial expression, and the facial expression she always has, therefore she would have 2 facial expressions

qed

obF2Wuw.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

if she only had 1 facial expression, then she would have her current facial expression, and the facial expression she always has, therefore she would have 2 facial expressions

qed

She also brought out a very unique version of detached ennui whilst giving dual handjobs in On the Road, so at least 3.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

qed

Terrence Howard, is that you?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    He still furry, so I still don't like him. But hey, fun thought, Sonic's proportions have drastically changed between designs. He's closer to Classic Chubby Boy now. That's gonna fuck up every single frame he was in. This movie is gonna be a great.

Oh brilliant
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    He still furry, so I still don't like him. But hey, fun thought, Sonic's proportions have drastically changed between designs. He's closer to Classic Chubby Boy now. That's gonna fuck up every single frame he was in. This movie is gonna be a great.

Ish. He probably wasnt rendered in non-trailer shots anyway. The only thing that really matters is height/interactions

wbBv3fj.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1WPxueHUOs

McKellen + Mirren is a power combo

wandering on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

oh did patrick stewart finally find someone to film his script?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39cVvN28UXE

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I Iove that movie and need to see that.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Wesley's got a hell of a neckbeard going.

sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    Wesley's got a hell of a neckbeard going.

literally and figuratively

• jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/UqxnFHoKwzE

Terminator Dark Fate Red Band trailer. Blood, violence, and swears.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    So any bets on if Arnie is a terminator, or supposed to be the guy they based the T-800 models on?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    So any bets on if Arnie is a terminator, or supposed to be the guy they based the T-800 models on?

Yes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    what does she mean "If we don't win this one it's all over"? Terminators have been losing for six movies straight and that's barely slowed them down. Every film after the first two has been about the fact that the future can't change, so just sit back and wait for the Terminators to disappear in a puff of quantum probability.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    If you can
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    what does she mean "If we don't win this one it's all over"? Terminators have been losing for six movies straight and that's barely slowed them down. Every film after the first two has been about the fact that the future can't change, so just sit back and wait for the Terminators to disappear in a puff of quantum probability.

Its basically a forever war you can't really stop fighting but you can't win either and in the end none of it matters because so many timelines have been spawned none of them can effect a final victory because people from a different timeline will come back into theirs and stir it right back up again.

kaid wrote: »
    If you can

Its basically a forever war you can't really stop fighting but you can't win either and in the end none of it matters because so many timelines have been spawned none of them can effect a final victory because people from a different timeline will come back into theirs and stir it right back up again.

Exactly, so just fuck it dude, and go bowling.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular

Time travel, so... Both.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    If you can

the problem is the terminators just keep trying to kill you. If they were willing to go bowling everybody should and just say screw it but because the robots won't stop hunting the humans can't and so it's just a rats nest that can't go anywhere.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    If you can

the problem is the terminators just keep trying to kill you. If they were willing to go bowling everybody should and just say screw it but because the robots won't stop hunting the humans can't and so it's just a rats nest that can't go anywhere.

The one twist I haven't seen yet is "Alternate Reality Good Guy Skynet."

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    If you can

If they could get a team good enough to actually get a series of movies together, the TV shows idea of a rogue ai faction seeding the past to build a kinder, friendlier skynet is easily fodder for a few movies.

The red band trailer is the first I watched and since they leave the whereabouts of John Connor ambiguous at this point I'm guessing he either makes a surprise appearance or he's dead.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    If you can

Have you heard of Friend Computer?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    If you can

If they could get a team good enough to actually get a series of movies together, the TV shows idea of a rogue ai faction seeding the past to build a kinder, friendlier skynet is easily fodder for a few movies.

The red band trailer is the first I watched and since they leave the whereabouts of John Connor ambiguous at this point I'm guessing he either makes a surprise appearance or he's dead.

All I know about John Connor in this one is that
    they got Edward Furlong back to play him, but I suspect he'll be in a flashback and they're using that de-aging tech that's all the rage these days.

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular

Who is "Carl"? I haven't been keeping up with the recent Terminator stuff, so I had no idea what that bit in the trailer is talking about.
    Or is that just a random name?

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »
    If you can

All I know about John Connor in this one is that
    they got Edward Furlong back to play him, but I suspect he'll be in a flashback and they're using that de-aging tech that's all the rage these days.

Possibly real spoilers
    John Connor is dead. The movie opens with a flashback. When the liquid metal Terminator was sent back to kill John in T2, he was not alone. At least one additional T-800 (Arnie style) Terminator was sent back, it catches John by surprise and kills him. Having fulfilled it's objective, the T-800 no longer has any purpose and goes into hiding. He's the old guy Terminator in present day. Sarah went nutterbutters with grief and dedicated her life to hunting down and destroying any and all Terminators that were sent back (apparently there were a bunch).

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.