As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a [Doom/Quake]! id Software's Classic Legacy of Eternal Carnage

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ooof, that delay needs to be like one month shorter, or two months longer, cause that March 2020 period is absolutely fuckstacked with games.

Oh brilliant
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Between this, last of us 2, and cyberpunk I will be spending 630 on collectors edition from February to April. But at least I have had plenty of time to save a little at a time.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's possible other things will move as well.

Cyberpunk in particular could end up taking another 18 months of baking time and I'd barely blink at this point.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Between this, last of us 2, and cyberpunk I will be spending 630 on collectors edition from February to April. But at least I have had plenty of time to save a little at a time.

I feel a little less silly for picking up the Gamestop-only physical release of Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered.

Synthesis wrote: »

I feel a little less silly for picking up the Gamestop-only physical release of Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered.

To put that into perspective a little bit I only bought Sekiro and borderlands 3, both collectors edition, and anthem new this entire year. Otherwise every game I bought, which are few, has been 20 or less. I rarely buy games at full price unless it is a game I really want in which case why not pay out a little extra to support the developers, you know?

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man Doom was the only game I was actually all the way excited for this year and definitely buying.

I mean I'll still be excited for it in 4 months but still.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Ooof, that delay needs to be like one month shorter, or two months longer, cause that March 2020 period is absolutely fuckstacked with games.

Watch Dogs Legion, Gods and Monsters, The Last of Us 2, Vampire The Masquerade 2 and now Doom Eternal. With Cyberpunk 2077 in April.

And that just my personal list of shit I’ve been waiting for.

-Loki- on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And in case this matters, Metro: Exodus and Borderlands 3 will be dropping on Steam in March and April, respectively.

sig.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    That works much better than it should.

They done did it.

(It’s a preorder bonus.)

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I am so happy the featured that animated video of the Doot song in the 25 years of Doom anniversary video. I pull it up from time to time to just chuckle to myself.

https://youtu.be/qsjHbxVI3EI

Thegreatcow on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    c8PMwy5.jpg

64EfGPP.jpg

Special guest starring my ankle.

That was awesome! Id software has some amazing offices that's for sure. Still can't say what it was. Even after release I can't say what it is. Can't say how the testing was done. All I can say is that I went up there for a test, had a great time, and got a bag of goodies for my trouble. Really hope I get invited back.

Edit: loot!

0fCD8NK.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular
    c8PMwy5.jpg

64EfGPP.jpg

Special guest starring my ankle.

That was awesome! Id software has some amazing offices that's for sure. Still can't say what it was. Even after release I can't say what it is. Can't say how the testing was done. All I can say is that I went up there for a test, had a great time, and got a bag of goodies for my trouble. Really hope I get invited back.

Edit: loot!

0fCD8NK.jpg

I'd be tempted to buy a statue like that but I don't want to know the price

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    There was also like a 9 foot revenant next to me carved entirely out of wood.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So it was a Commander Keen sequel that you tested, got it.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    So it was a Commander Keen sequel that you tested, got it.

That would have been ‘I don’t want to say what I tested’.

Yeah I can't say what it isn't either.

Basically the only thing I can say is that I can't say anything.

I did run into some employees in the elevator and made a joke about how we shouldn't be talking to one another. I can say that. That went over well. Hopefully.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    I have never heard of an NDA that included not talking about the product after it was released to the public. So now you have like a cool video game secret you can take too your grave. A little envious to be honest.

edited October 2019
    I have never heard of an NDA that included not talking about the product after it was released to the public. So now you have like a cool video game secret you can take too your grave. A little envious to be honest.

I can talk about the product of course I just can't talk about the specifics of what I tested or how it was conducted or even say that I tested it. I can only "be magically really good at the game on release and can't say why".

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Multiplayer Commander Keen sequel!

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Is there a shirt that just says 'Peace Love Doom?' I would wear the hell out of that shirt.

H9f4bVe.png
    Pff.

Reboot Wolfenstein III, clearly.

sig.gif
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Pff.

Reboot Wolfenstein III, clearly.

I’m gonna say the Invasion Mode for Doom Eternal.

But if we’re going all Loch Ness/Bigfoot on what it could’ve been, I want Quake Reborn or however we want to phrase recreation/reinvention of Quake 1.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    It’s clearly an Enemy Territory Battle Royale game.
    That may be a joke, but I’d seriously play the shit out of a new ET.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I put Quake on my Oculus Quest last night. Plays surprisingly well.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited October 2019
    Watching you guys try to guess what it is has been incredibly entertaining.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »

please no quake battle royal, ugh

Big Dookie wrote: »

please no quake battle royal, ugh

Quake Battle Royale with lootboxes and cosmetic microtransactions.

Preorder now at GameStop and get a golden railgun and a 10% XP boost.

Collect codes from specially marked cans of Mountain Dew™ Gamefuel™ to unlock exclusive day 1 bonuses.

(Two season passes plus additional DLC.)

Coming exclusively to the Bethesda Games Launcher.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Doom Battle Royale, it's a team game.

98 demons drop into a island hellscape... and one Doom Slayer. I think that's a fair fight, right?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited October 2019
    I tested for Bethesda Softworks.

Edit: this is all I can say so I'm just gonna repeat this any time someone has questions.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    DOOM MOBA. The levels alternate between Mars and hell. The creeps are the zombie looking dudes, I forget what they are called. DOOM Marines ultimate lets him equip the BFG.

I got a Vita recently.
    y5me2ao0g1cp.png

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I got a Vita recently.
    y5me2ao0g1cp.png

A Blake Stone source port on Vita homebrew is something I didn't expect to see today, and I am all the more enriched for it.

Quake Battle Royale.... you mean Quake 3 Arena?

sig.gif
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Oh sweet they posted a gif to their Facebook of the ice grenades, visual looks incredible, can’t find a linkable copy tho

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Oh sweet they posted a gif to their Facebook of the ice grenades, visual looks incredible, can’t find a linkable copy tho

I didn't expect to see a man get murdered today, yet here we are

ao6BTBg.png

JtgVX0H.png
    edited October 2019
    You control the buttons you press.

Edit: - Abraham Lincoln

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.