As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I sold my OG Gameboy to fund my Lynx purchase. I don’t really regret the decision since I didn’t really like Gameboy games at the time. That changed when DK 94 came out. The games finally got good, IMO. So I picked up a Gameboy Pocket.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Because of this conversation, I made the mistake of looking at Lynxes on eBay.

Sweet zombie Christ.

• Options
    I wonder how much I could make selling mine. It’s in great condition.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I think we threw my brother's Lynx away years ago after he'd moved away to college. It had long been dead. I think I remember the screen actually came loose.

I sometimes wonder what happened to his games.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Crossposting this from the retro gaming thread, since someone suggested I could get some good opinions and advice in here as well:

So how good are Arcade 1Up Cabinets?

I ask because I'd like to treat myself to the Marvel one, and if I'm going to treat myself I'm ok with spending a little more for higher quality.

The Limited Edition they have on their site only is about $100 more, and with shipping comes out close to $500. It comes with a custom riser (cool! I want a riser anyway), SANWA parts (great - I have modded fight sticks before so I am confident I could PROBABLY add my own buttons, but ok), a lighted marquee (I see this is easy to buy on EBay but I'd have no idea how to do it) and some places say better speakers.

...is that worth it for an Arcade 1UP machine?

I have no idea how much better Sanwa (Im never playing this machine in like, a pro setting, but also dont want really crappy controls) is than the stock parts. I also have no idea if these upgrades are just cheap stuff thrown in there that I could do myself for way cheaper with parts.

There are zero reviews anywhere for the Limited Edition one, so was hoping someone who's got experience with Arcade 1Up may have some insight as to if the company is really going all out with this LE, or if it's just going to be a very basic upgrade I could do myself and I should save the cash/shipping and buy a standard edition w/riser in person at like GameStop or WalMart.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I don't have any input, just that my Walmart also has the Marvel one and I have to restrain myself every time I walk by it

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Apparently, Walmart did not record that I picked up my TMNT arcade cabinet. Should I just let this run out and not pay anything? Surely they check their stock?

I am tempted, but there has to be video of them helping me get it to my car.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The 1up cabinets are great quality, but they are not super fancy.

$100 for the riser, light, and fancier controls seems reasonable.

It depends if there is much of a difference with those controls.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Apparently, Walmart did not record that I picked up my TMNT arcade cabinet. Should I just let this run out and not pay anything? Surely they check their stock?

Be better than walmart.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Personally I would call them and pay for it. Better for your conscious, karma, etc.

oosik_betsuni.png
      Steam: betsuni7
    • Options
      JazzJazz Registered User regular
      edited October 2019
      TimFiji wrote: »

Be better than walmart.

In fairness, that's not difficult.

Didn't kill a hobo for kicks today? Better than Wal-Mart.

Jazz on
    • Options
      Betsuni wrote: »

Personally I would call them and pay for it. Better for your conscious, karma, etc.

Yeah. Gotta keep it legit.

• Options
      Now, Walmart can't find my order. Told me to call back in an hour.

• Options
      Now, Walmart can't find my order. Told me to call back in an hour.

Computers are here to help us. Hahahaha. Yeah right.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      The order shows up on my phone. Not certain what the problem is.

• Options
      The order shows up on my phone. Not certain what the problem is.

Wondering if the order was cleared from their system since it was not picked up according to their system. Guessing the store needed a manager or someone higher up that the person who first helped you to figure out what happened.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      They sorted it out. Just took a while.

• Options
      RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
      mxmarks wrote: »
      Crossposting this from the retro gaming thread, since someone suggested I could get some good opinions and advice in here as well:

So how good are Arcade 1Up Cabinets?

I ask because I'd like to treat myself to the Marvel one, and if I'm going to treat myself I'm ok with spending a little more for higher quality.

The Limited Edition they have on their site only is about $100 more, and with shipping comes out close to $500. It comes with a custom riser (cool! I want a riser anyway), SANWA parts (great - I have modded fight sticks before so I am confident I could PROBABLY add my own buttons, but ok), a lighted marquee (I see this is easy to buy on EBay but I'd have no idea how to do it) and some places say better speakers.

...is that worth it for an Arcade 1UP machine?

I have no idea how much better Sanwa (Im never playing this machine in like, a pro setting, but also dont want really crappy controls) is than the stock parts. I also have no idea if these upgrades are just cheap stuff thrown in there that I could do myself for way cheaper with parts.

There are zero reviews anywhere for the Limited Edition one, so was hoping someone who's got experience with Arcade 1Up may have some insight as to if the company is really going all out with this LE, or if it's just going to be a very basic upgrade I could do myself and I should save the cash/shipping and buy a standard edition w/riser in person at like GameStop or WalMart.

Sanwa parts are nice. Not sure.of the stock parts, but people recommend swapping to sanwa parts when buying fight sticks

• Options
      Gah I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

With shipping it comes out to $444, but short of a 4-person X-Men Cabinet, Children of the Atom is the game I most remember being obsessed with in the arcades.

It has literally always been a dream of mine to have a cab in my house somewhere, and we just bought a house last year, and I guess I can rearrange some things in the basement...

I also spent most of yesterday reading about putting a PC into an Arcade 1UP, and it doesn't look TOO difficult...I'd love to have all the Marvel fighters in this one cab...

I really get the appeal of these things now - I've trolled Craigslist for years looking at real arcade cabs and they're just too big most of the time to do anything with. These will fit, still give me that feeling of having one in my home...

...I also fear this will become an addition because my OTHER favorite arcade game is burger time and look whats on the horizon...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    • Options
      QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
      edited October 2019
      Sanwa JLF joysticks is what I used when I built my arcade cab control panel (still need to finish off building the rest of the cabinet)

Questor on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
      I'm super hype for the Analogue pocket. I've been wanting to get one of those gba consolizer kits, but after everything is said and done you're only like 20$ out from the Analogue pocket, and I'd still have to install it all myself. The pocket is just such a clean solution, and with an eventual dock for tv output, there's almost no reason to go with anything else.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    • Options
      mxmarks wrote: »
      Gah I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

With shipping it comes out to $444, but short of a 4-person X-Men Cabinet, Children of the Atom is the game I most remember being obsessed with in the arcades.

It has literally always been a dream of mine to have a cab in my house somewhere, and we just bought a house last year, and I guess I can rearrange some things in the basement...

I also spent most of yesterday reading about putting a PC into an Arcade 1UP, and it doesn't look TOO difficult...I'd love to have all the Marvel fighters in this one cab...

I really get the appeal of these things now - I've trolled Craigslist for years looking at real arcade cabs and they're just too big most of the time to do anything with. These will fit, still give me that feeling of having one in my home...

...I also fear this will become an addition because my OTHER favorite arcade game is burger time and look whats on the horizon...

Oh man, really??? Burger Time is coming? Hopefully when I clean out more of my collection I will have enough room for the Star Wars cabinet.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      I dont think they've officially announced it yet, but they retweeted some folks who noticed that it (and King of Fighters) are now up on Arcade1Up's Japanese website.

u2l9s3nvhmk31.jpg

Also has BAD DUDES and Karate Champs in it!

• Options
      Oh man, that is some awesome nostalgia right there. Plus the Data East logo on the bottom.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
      edited October 2019
      dav3yb wrote: »
      I'm super hype for the Analogue pocket. I've been wanting to get one of those gba consolizer kits, but after everything is said and done you're only like 20$ out from the Analogue pocket, and I'd still have to install it all myself. The pocket is just such a clean solution, and with an eventual dock for tv output, there's almost no reason to go with anything else.

Well the dock will surely cost a non-trivial amount on top, to make it mirror the consolizer's functionality. But its nice to have it portable too.

rahkeesh2000 on
    • Options
      fortyforty Registered User regular
      4 joysticks? I'm guessing that's because of Karate Champ?

• Options
      Huh, and apparently Caveman Ninja was a Joe and Mac arcade game. I've never seen one of those nor even knew of its existence.

• Options
      I have to move around some stuff and throw out some things to get the TMNT arcade cabinet to fit in the apartment.

• Options
      SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
      forty wrote: »
      Huh, and apparently Caveman Ninja was a Joe and Mac arcade game. I've never seen one of those nor even knew of its existence.

Yeah, I never saw them either, but apparently the console games are based on the arcade game.

• Options
      Man, a 4 Joystick cabinet with only Karate Champ to utilize it feels like such a waste. Would have been cooler to have an all twin stick games cabinet, but I suppose that would have required more company cross pollination.

• Options
      edited October 2019
      There is a Super Burgertime. It is on that Retro-cade.

Krathoon on
    • Options
      There is a second version of the Retro-cade out there.

• Options
    • Options
      Man, there is a lot of dialog in that game.

• Options
      I did it. I ordered the Limited Edition Marvel cabinet.

And I cleaned out the spot in my basement.

Now to sit patiently until it ships (I hear mid-November?)...

• Options
      I still need to build my TMNT cabinet.

• Options

I put on a movie while working on it. Guess which one. :)

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

I know I know! Avengers????
      I'm joking. I watched TMNT2 while building mine!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)!?

• Options
        What is the best TMNT movie?