As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Unplugged 2019 First Look Games List?

GamerMontuGamerMontu Registered User new member
Is there a list of the games that will be displayed in First Looks? This is the place where I spend most of my PAX time, so I'd like to plan ahead by reading rulebooks, etc. :biggrin:

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't expect that list until sometime after Spiel Essen because that's where the games come from.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    bubba0077bubba0077 College Park, MDRegistered User regular
    It went up the first week of November last year. I would watch the paxtt BGG account's geeklists: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/lists/user/paxtt

GGw8Z6o.png
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Your best bet is to use the BoardGameGeek Essen preview and see what is hot. But rest assured we are rolling up our sleeves in Essen to bring home some of them deep cuts, so there will be surprises as well. Since PAX is a bit later this year, maybe.... mid-November?

• Options
    zmullszmulls Registered User new member
    Email went out today with the list. I have not spent time in First Look in prior PAXes but would like to. How does this area work? Do you just go in and sit down at a table and ask to play? Or do you have to sign up for a game in advance? Is it usually done to research games in advance and read the rules, as someone mentioned above?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    If it's like the First Look areas of yore, they're basically dedicated Freeplay tables for the games. They'll have a small sign indicating the game, player count, complexity and time required. The area will also have Looking for Player and Looking for Teacher cones.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    zmullszmulls Registered User new member
    So if you want to avoid sitting there and reading rules, you either find a teacher or you read the rules in advance, it sounds...

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Every row has a dedicated teacher (a PAX Enforcer), but they could be covering 10+ games, so they are moreso there to cover folks who were unprepared. Most folks in this area do pre-read rules before coming to PAX, and they also abide by the pay-it-forward tradition of teaching the group that comes in behind you.

• Options
    vishnu264vishnu264 Registered User new member
    Absolutely loved a game I saw in first look - Orchard Ocean. Research online seems to only find sellers in Japan. Does anyone know how I can get more information about when this game is coming to the states?

• Options
    Best bet would probably be to ask the creator.