As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is the Worst Country Song Lyric?

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Rain is a Good Thing - Luke Bryan
1. https://youtu.be/4VKy69sE4VY
Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall Off - Joe Nichols
2. https://youtu.be/Nj2700em-JQ
I'm Still a Guy - Brad Paisley
3. https://youtu.be/RAyKvN8gVi4
Drop Kick Me Jesus - Bobby Bare
4. https://youtu.be/jsWg0bt9kp4
Honkytonk Badonkadonk - Trace Adkins
5. https://youtu.be/vNVguvNE7qc
Hillbilly Bone - Blake Shelton
6. https://youtu.be/OGoiiwxTWeE
Accidental Racist - Brad Paisley ft LL Cool J
7. https://youtu.be/KSurzeGvPrQ
Take a Knee My Ass - Neal McCoy
8. https://youtu.be/8oY74hOK_iQ
Courtesy of the Red White and Blue(The Angry American) - Toby Keith
9. https://youtu.be/ruNrdmjcNTc
Bait a Hook - Justin Moore
10. https://youtu.be/1XB2peAKwOA

What is the Worst Country Song Lyric? 104 votes

Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel frisky.
0%
bsjezz 1 vote
Them pantyhose ain't gonna last too long, if the put Bon Jovi on.
0%
Mortal Sky 1 vote
When you see a priceless French painting, I see a naked, drunk girl
0%
ZeroCow 1 vote
Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life
6%
schussJasconiusHouk the NamebringeradejaanUsagiburboAssuran 7 votes
Whoo-wee, shut my mouth, slap your grandma
0%
We all got a hillbilly bone down deep inside no matter you're from you just can't hide it. And when the band starts banging and the fiddle saws, you can't help but hollering yee haw!
0%
Just a proud rebel son with an ol can of worms, looking like I gotta lot to learn
3%
Bendery It Like BeckhamShadowenbalerbowerGvzbgul 4 votes
Take their stand on bended knee, whether it's on astroturf or grass, I think of those whose freedom was not free and I say, take a knee my ass.
76%
SporkAndrewShortyNothing#pipeA duck!Raijin QuickfootASimPersonaltlat55Magic PinkAtheraalLindsay Lohanautono-wally, erotibot300tynicSonelanKaboodles_The_AssassinGreenVeldrinDJ EebsDouglasDangersarukun 80 votes
Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list and the statue of liberty started shaking her fist
6%
Slacker71webguy20Andy JoeMvrckMagellAuralynxKana 7 votes
I heard you had to drive him home after two umbrella drinks. I heard he has a Prius cause he likes being green.
2%
MulysaSemproniusTcheldorSir Penguin 3 votes

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Take their stand on bended knee, whether it's on astroturf or grass, I think of those whose freedom was not free and I say, take a knee my ass.
    That Bobby Bare lyric is basically perfect. How dare you.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That Bobby Bare lyric is basically perfect. How dare you.

I refuse to believe Jesus can kick a field goal in sandals.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Jesus has a friend that works at Payless. He will 100% get the discount on sneaks.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When there was only one set of footprints with a kickass Yeezy logo... That's when I carried you.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Brad Paisley is the only non-comedy musician I've seen in concert (twice)

I'm still not going to excuse his more egregious lyrics and songs, because fuck me

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]

I'm still not going to excuse his more egregious lyrics and songs, because fuck me

I'm Still a Guy is rife with amazing lyrics

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am so mad accidental racist is a real song

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i am so mad accidental racist is a real song

Its REAL bad

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I heard that shitty 'Bait a Hook' song countless times when I worked at Walmart, along with dozens of other country "classics"

vEaRQgH.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2019
    "Drop kick me, Jesus, through the goalposts of life" is one rugelach reference away from being a Kinky Friedman lyric, it should be nowhere near that list.

tynic on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    "Just a proud rebel son with an ol can of worms, looking like I gotta lot to learn"
    is a real contender, but also honest about one's ignorance and the capacity to be better than a "proud rebel son", which is fucking YIKES as a self identity.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life
    The right one is winning but I didn't wanna vote for something so absolutely shit, so instead I voted for my favorite one.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    It's close, but the phrase "take a knee my ass" is quite possibly one of the stupidest 5 word combinations every put to paper.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    jesus fucking christ

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I can't think of a song with worse, more sexist, or grosser lyrics than Piss Up a Rope by Ween

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7M3EEHYkJ0
    My dinner's on fire while she watches TV
    And if you've ever wondered what it's like to be me
    She takes all my money and leaves me no smokes
    Yells at my buddies and insults my folks
    I'm breakin' my back doin' the best that I can
    She's got time for the dog and none for her man
    And I'm no dope, but I can't cope
    So hit the fuckin' road and piss up a rope
    You can piss up a rope
    And you can put on your shoes, hit the road get truckin'
    Pack your bag, I don't need the ag
    On your knees you big, booty bitch start suckin'
    You ride my ass like a horse in a saddle
    Now you're up shits creek with a turd for a paddle
    And I can't cope piss up a rope
    Uh, you can piss up a rope and feel the pissy dribble
    You can piss up a rope and watch me giggle
    For the last 6 months I been packin' your bag
    You can wash my balls with a warm, wet rag
    Till my balls feel smooth and soft like silk
    I'm sick of your mouth and your 2 percent milk
    And I'm no dope, but I've lost all hope
    So hit the fuckin' road and piss up a rope
    You can piss up a rope
    And you can put on your shoes, hit the road get truckin'
    Pack your bag, I don't need the age
    On your knees you big, booty bitch start suckin'
    You ride my ass like a horse in a saddle
    Now you're up shits creek with a turd for a paddle
    And I can't cope piss up a rope

I will admit... Dropkick me Jesus in on the list because I think it's amazing... But still bad!

Also, despite the bold claim by Mr. Blake Shelton, I'm very sure I don't have a hillbilly bone.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Where's the "all of them" option

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I'm Still a Guy is rife with amazing lyrics

Counterpoint: Whiskey Lullaby

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dropkick me Jesus is a hilarious turn of phrase

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Yeah, maybe the rest of the song is trash, and I'm sure it's not intentionally hilarious, but it's really just too good.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Listen to my new song

Spinkick me Jesus

The role of Jesus in the music video is played by JCVD

That's right, The muscles from Nazareth, Jesus Christ Van Damme

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    List is missing any lyrics from Tim McGraws Indian Outlaw, the most horrendous country song. But still, wonderful list.

For your viewing pleasure:
    https://youtu.be/kqlR4IEl_04

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    That Toby Keith song doesn't contain the worst lyric but it's still my most hated song because I've heard it approximately 5000 times thanks to being in the army around that time.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJOVjh7wJkk

edited October 2019
    There are many, MANY terrible country lyrics hit represented here.

I mean, there's not a single Kenny Chesney song up there

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/PYIrs1Dx4Ck

This is the best country song with the best lyrics btw

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Uriel wrote: »

It's the perfectly American "notice me, senpai"

I'm going to start using it as an exclamation.

Well drop kick me Jesus that is one sexy horse.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I feel like the actual full-stop racism ones are the strongest contenders

I feel like the actual full-stop racism ones are the strongest contenders

Excuse me...its ACCIDENTAL racism.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Pretty cool that the guy who wrote Take a Knee My Ass is named Neal.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Just a proud rebel son with an ol can of worms, looking like I gotta lot to learn

For your viewing pleasure:
    I can assure you it most certainly was not.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Brad Paisley's "We Danced" has this line:
    And she said "I know,

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I went with this one because none of the options were Johnny Rebel songs.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I just wanted to post some bluegrass.

https://youtu.be/vLK55ShcTeQ

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I think most David Allen Coe lyrics are likely worse than anything on this list, but would probably also get you banned for poating them.

Pinfeldorf on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    2xgrjgri03jk.png
    This is a heck of a couple paragraphs.

Quire.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Honkytonk Badonkadonk is my mom's fav country song and it is embedded into my brain.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Charge your phone, you maniac.

GDdCWMm.jpg