As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Are they all planning on having a big day 30 patch? I thought I saw someone mention that here. Kind of taking a break until they patch some stuff because I hate not knowing if my skills are actually working. Plus it fucked up two different trophies, read all tablets and find all locations, so I am holding off on tvhm until a patch to see if they fix that.

The rumor is it's tomorrow.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Are they all planning on having a big day 30 patch? I thought I saw someone mention that here. Kind of taking a break until they patch some stuff because I hate not knowing if my skills are actually working. Plus it fucked up two different trophies, read all tablets and find all locations, so I am holding off on tvhm until a patch to see if they fix that.

I had issues with those exact same ones.

Try scanning the big eridian tablet in Tannis’s room in Sanctuary a few times.

Did you discover all the “Slaughter” places? Those count for “All locations” despite each place saying “100% discovered”

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Another week and another round of heavy Nerfs.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-17-borderlands-3-hotfixes-oct-17/

Good bye Sweet princes Butcher, and Hex.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    I have to assume they'll reduce most of these next week since once again they've aggressively over corrected in a PVE game

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    They gutted everyone basically. Huge nerfs to every “good” build right now.

Crossroad, Cutsman, Lyuda, Flakker... all major nerfs.

I’m pretty done playing (online at least) until they finish making us playtest this beta sh*t.

In fact, that’s the only patch note that will get me back online: “We’re removing mayhem modifiers until playtesting is done.”

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    The most insulting part if the grenade nerf is saying they're preserving the spectacle.

What the fuck good is more ugly particle effects that obscure your vision if they can't kill anything?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Guess the upside to taking so long to finish the game none of my stuff is getting nerfed.

Stupid online shit. At least the game works, high praise for me lately.

• Options
    What a joke.

Still no coop fix of course.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Welp they will be coming for my stormfront soon. 3/4 of my fucking loadout took a hit. Will try the cutsman and butcher out tonight , I think the laser spooder will be fine.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I really should try and get some of these good weapons before an actual patch comes out. Pretty easy to skip hotfixes on consoles. I have been hoping to get through all the various arenas in multiplayer but they seem to be trying to smother the fun out of the game one hotfix at a time.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    When I spent all of the rare spawn event farming for a good Hex - which I never got - I did have the thought that it'd get nerfed anyhow. I couldn't even have imagined it would be hit that hard though.

Kind of a bummer that they hit the Cutsman so hard, that was my go-to gun. Still, it was good to the point where I wouldn't have to swap to deal with shields and armor, so I'm not too broken up about having to swap around the way that it was probably intended.

I am, however, greatly annoyed at the unfortunate dynamic that the limited bank space has created here. I simply don't have the fucking space to keep weapons that I think might get buffed in the future, and now a lot of the stuff that was taking up so many slots in bags and bank is far worse. Bleh.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    They could also go the diablo ii direction and have legacy items from previous patches. That plus a ladder season would avoid a lot of this.

• Options
    The problem is most grenades don't actually hit anything. The reason the hex was so good was because nothing else killed enemies they'd just sorta sit there while everything walked around them or the explosions would happen dozens of feet apart and enemies would ignore them

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but in a straight PvE game, two of the four classes are still mostly broken (I haven't seen Gearbox even address the issue with the Siren and Agent classes not proccing skills right and things straight not working unless I missed it) and the other two are getting items and abilities nerfed hard. This...somehow leads to a more fun game?

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but in a straight PvE game, two of the four classes are still mostly broken (I haven't seen Gearbox even address the issue with the Siren and Agent classes not proccing skills right and things straight not working unless I missed it) and the other two are getting items and abilities nerfed hard. This...somehow leads to a more fun game?

They fixed most of the Zane bugs somewhat recently. I'm less qualified to speak on the Siren, but as recently as this week one of the bugs to a major talent of hers is still there, making it completely and randomly nonfunctional until you reset the session.

Also: I think every class at this point has had some abilities nerfed hard. Zane, weak as he was, had a rather crazy (and fun!) talent that gave you a chance to shoot grenades. They nerfed it so hard that it's pretty much gone altogether.

I'm not so much in the "let's never nerf things in a PvE game" camp but the heavyhandedness of some of these changes and the light touch on many of the gun buffs are extremely frustrating.

I'd love to go to bat for them because I love the franchise and very much want to play this game all the time, but Gearbox really has been shitting the bed pretty continuously since release.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'd honestly not care so much about nerfs if I had enough space to keep a bunch of contingency guns. My freeze Zane is fun as hell but all his guns got nerfed and his grenade got wrecked. I'm guessing he's still fine although he wasn't fine enough for me to make any headway in solo slaughter shaft. My biggest complaint is that other stuff isn't being fixed. I think I'll put this down for a while until they do an actual patch instead of just messing with numbers in a excel file.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    They still haven’t fixed Mayhem being unavailable from the start in TVHM

Gearbox plz

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So they wanted the grenades to be more focused on the DoT.

Okay. But ... all you did was nerf the damage. You... you didn't do anything to the dot...

Firestorm was fine, it didn't even work half the time indoors. For fuck's sake.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

Gearbox plz

I just assumed you needed to beat TVHM for some super version of Mayhem.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So so far my zane still blows up everything. Also one point of positivity at a time where I desperately need it is the side quest in Jacobs estate concerning two practitioners of THE PACT. Think it’s my favorite side quest in the game.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Gearbox plz

Not on PC. As soon as you get to TVHM and lift off in Sanctuary you have Mayhem available.

The game even tells you that Mayhem is unlocked from the start in TVHM when you unlock it.

• Options

Gearbox plz

Not on PC. As soon as you get to TVHM and lift off in Sanctuary you have Mayhem available.

The game even tells you that Mayhem is unlocked from the start in TVHM when you unlock it.

Fortunately it is still unlocked if you reset the playthrough for whatever reason.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    It is a console specific bug which is double hilarious since they somehow fucked up the programming in two different versions of the game the exact same way.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    What is the red fire that shows up periodically on the sides of my screen?

I’m playing as Amara now, I don’t remember seeing this with Fl4k

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    What is the red fire that shows up periodically on the sides of my screen?

I’m playing as Amara now, I don’t remember seeing this with Fl4k

You may have a relic equipped that causes enrage mode

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    The Hex nerf is rough, but it still performs okay. But that might be because mine splits and MIRVs so I still have a bunch of grenades out there. And while it doesn't delete everything on the map, it still reliably kills regular enemies and, most importantly, still makes Moze effectively invincible with Vampyr.

Playing with my brother last night, I got a Ruby's Wrath. I love the multi rocket Atlas launchers, just tag a boss and let rip with nigh limitless rockets with Moze's Means of Destruction. And I did a little farming earlier today and got an Ogre and a Blaster Mod for Moze. The mod is insanely good, increases splash damage by up to 100% as long as you don't reload. And Moze doesn't reload when she's using an Ogre and throwing Hex grenades.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    KATAGAWAAAAAA!

Meteor section is annoying.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    KATAGAWAAAAAA!

Meteor section is annoying.

I don’t mind skywell as much as some other areas. The last planet was by far my least liked area. So fucking tedious.

• Options
    So I’ve discovered every location in the game and the pandora achievement won’t unlock. I’m kinda upset. Almost done with a bunch of other achievements so hopefully the unlock like normal.

• Options
    Did you discover all the slaughter places? They count.

• Options
    Night Hawkins is still quite good. Flakker is now farcically bad. Hellwalker still pretty great.

Got my Amara to 50 now, so I’m doing graveward to farm money for SDUs as much as anything, and the Hawkins just about tripled my clear rate over the ripper I was using before. My fl4k is still faster for straight up boss farming, but Amara is way better in the raids/arena modes.

• Options
    The night Hawkins swaps element so for me its to unreliable. The trevenator is a good investment becaise it would be in wildly poor taste to nerf

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Did you discover all the slaughter places? They count.

I did. I randomly got it as I walked down the corridor to the last boss even though it’s my third time through the story.

• Options
    What are the rules for resetting the vault treasure chests?

Like, tonight I think I did graveward four times in a row. the first time I opened the vault chests, the second time they were already open, the third I didn’t check, and the fourth they were a available again. Just a simple timer?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    A glitch, I think.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    What are the rules for resetting the vault treasure chests?

Like, tonight I think I did graveward four times in a row. the first time I opened the vault chests, the second time they were already open, the third I didn’t check, and the fourth they were a available again. Just a simple timer?

Theyre considered red chests and habe a cooldown to reset. It's absurd given they never have anything good but you gotta wait like10 hours

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Topped out my main, Amara, at 50 yesterday. I hit a natural stopping point in the campaign and figured I'd start up another character.

Fifteen bloody minutes of unskippable Marcus storytime and intro trailer later... :(

It really is inexplicable that you can't skip right to character selection and the tutorial after a first runthrough. Just the lowest of low hanging fruit dangling right there...

At least the tutorial itself and path to getting your shield, action skill and grenade mod are mercifully short this time around.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Finally beat the game after playing only on weekends duo. Did all the side quests and did the arenas so after beating the last boss I hit lvl 50. Last boss being so punchable made me happy. So I'm at work here wondering what's next. Mayhem mode and TVHM got unlocked, so I think that means I can run through the whole story again but at level 50 and with bonus risk/reward modes on top of it? Since it apparently level scales, does that mean I can make a new character and start in TVHM for added difficulty?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I got a cold Conference Call last night and wish I could see what that thing would do without having nerfed damage.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Finally beat the game after playing only on weekends duo. Did all the side quests and did the arenas so after beating the last boss I hit lvl 50. Last boss being so punchable made me happy. So I'm at work here wondering what's next. Mayhem mode and TVHM got unlocked, so I think that means I can run through the whole story again but at level 50 and with bonus risk/reward modes on top of it? Since it apparently level scales, does that mean I can make a new character and start in TVHM for added difficulty?

Mostly farming bosses for cool guns and stuff that synergies with your character. Unfortunately you can’t start a character in tvhm . If you are on console mayhem locks until you finish tvhm if on pc it’s unlocked when you get to sanctuary. It’s the exact same gear either mode ( scaled to level of course) it just adds bonuses to drop chance and the like.