As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why is Columbo good?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Columbo is great because he's always the opponent of bougie murderers.

Like, if Gwyneth Paltrow tried to commit the perfect murder at Goop headquarters, Columbo would take her down.

See now I want Columbo to ask Gwyneth about her vagina rocks

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    He dresses like a guy who knows how to be comfortable.
    Columbo's always taking those dad-gum whipper-snappers down a peg or two.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Like, if Gwyneth Paltrow tried to commit the perfect murder at Goop headquarters, Columbo would take her down.

jade eggs

vaginal jade eggs

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

jade eggs

vaginal jade eggs

Okay, that makes sense, that makes sense - just, uh, one more thing - fuckin’ why?!?

PiptheFair wrote: »

jade eggs

vaginal jade eggs

Okay, that makes sense, that makes sense - just, uh, one more thing - fuckin’ why?!?

concubines to the chinese emperor have used them for centuries(they have not dear god don't use them it can damage your vaginal walls and uterus)

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lalarbo
    RT800 wrote: »
    Columbo's always taking those dad-gum whipper-snappers down a peg or two.

That's Matlock, isn't it? Columbo isn't so much about catching young people as he is catching smug rich people.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    He is a regular guy.
    Columbo

761181949c1f4469cdd644fc671a49eb.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    On what streaming service can I watch the Columbos?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    He is a regular guy.
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    On what streaming service can I watch the Columbos?

I think a few seasons are on Amazon Prime?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Other
    i am hoping peacock has the whole series when it launches

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    He is a good detective.
    There's an official Columbo youtube channel with a bunch of eps

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Looks kind of like a basset hound if you kinda squint, and that is adorable.
    I love Columbo but mostly what this thread is doing is making me want to go back and rewatch some of the Rockford Files

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Columbo

761181949c1f4469cdd644fc671a49eb.jpg

Looks like a solid vote for option 4.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Other
    Columbo is great because he discovered America

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    There's an official Columbo youtube channel with a bunch of eps

Like this one, for example. I kind of liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeATJgME6aQ

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Other
    Really though, I've only played the boardgame:
    http://www.geekyhobbies.com/columbo-detective-game-board-game-review-and-rules/

Pretty sure you got away with murder and assassinated all the other players if you collected your character's own cards.

discrider on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Just wanna pop in and say good job everyone, you are all correct.
    753kgepagmia.png

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent is a decent successor to Columbo. Follows the same basic ‘howsolveit’ plotline.

And the two detectives actually mesh well, instead of the constant bickering that accompanies these type of shows.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Now, after finishing Disco Elysium, I feel the strong need to watch Columbo, Mindhunter AND Hot Fuzz.

Im sure it will all help me during second playthrough!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    How is “Just one more thing” not an option

I legit forgot that was his schtick.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I love Columbo but mostly what this thread is doing is making me want to go back and rewatch some of the Rockford Files

I was about to ask, no love for the Rockford Files?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Columbo is also the ultimate Wife Guy detective, a fact which is in no way impacted by the possibility that his wife might not be real

Columbo is also the ultimate Wife Guy detective, a fact which is in no way impacted by the possibility that his wife might not be real

deep lore

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Peter Falk is a gorgeous hunk of man.

According to the attempted spin-off series, Columbo's wife was Captain Kathryn Janeway.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I always assumed he was married to Jessica Fletcher

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Joe Friday walks into an electronics store.

He looks around for several minutes before the employee approaches him, asking if there's anything she can help him find.

"Just the FAX ma"am."

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What d&d class would Columbo be

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    He is a good detective.
    Bard of Lore

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Trickster God.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The DM.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Is columbo better or worse than morse?

He is a regular guy.
    Uriel wrote: »

Rogue with the Inquisitive subclass

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Lalarbo
    Larl

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Rockford files is cool, but there are some things I'd change if it were up to me.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    He always catches the perp.
    I get high watching Rockford Files. Juanita lives just like Jimmy drives.
    Screech those tires, yeah and scrape the sides.
    Find that little bit left inside.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Rockford files is cool, but there are some things I'd change if it were up to me.

This thread has had me singing this song all day

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    He is a good detective.
    Psykoma wrote: »

Better

I never got on with Morse, and his informed flaw of alcoholism that never seemed to affect anything and the way that you could tell which woman dunnit by whether he fancied them or not

Endeavour was good, though, mainly because Roger Allam is in it and he has a voice like sexy treacle

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Better

I never got on with Morse, and his informed flaw of alcoholism that never seemed to affect anything and the way that you could tell which woman dunnit by whether he fancied them or not

Endeavour was good, though, mainly because Roger Allam is in it and he has a voice like sexy treacle

He'll always be Douglas for me so it's hard to take seriously

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    He always catches the perp.
    Yall really out here NOT putting Jim Rockford on your lists of the best TV detectives, huh

Wild