As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    So, I was thinking of running a Phalla based on the movie The Mummy (from the 90's, not the newest one) and/or one based in the setting of Magic the gathering Ravnica (you wouldn't need to know Magic, but flavor). Any interest in either of the two?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ravnica is the cycle with the city of two-color guilds, yeah? I'd be interested in that.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Ravnica is the cycle with the city of two-color guilds, yeah? I'd be interested in that.

Yes 10 guilds all together.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I haven't really kept up with MTG at all since it first got big when I was a kid, but somehow a passing mention of that cycle somewhere online caught my eye once and I ended up spending a few months reading articles by one of the designers on the official website.

When I did play, my best color was Green simply due to the cards I had. But when I take those personality tests, they always say White or Blue (or the combination if it has two-color results).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    It has been years since I've played in a Phalla, but I'm hoping I'll be able to join in the next one!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Ah, the Mummy one would be great!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I haven't really kept up with MTG at all since it first got big when I was a kid, but somehow a passing mention of that cycle somewhere online caught my eye once and I ended up spending a few months reading articles by one of the designers on the official website.

When I did play, my best color was Green simply due to the cards I had. But when I take those personality tests, they always say White or Blue (or the combination if it has two-color results).
    They cycle through the settings now and that one is a mainstay. Its become so popular that they also have a D&D setting for it.

Wildcat wrote: »

Oh yeah, didn't think about the fact Halloween's coming up. I guess do that first and then Ravnica later?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »

Oh yeah, didn't think about the fact Halloween's coming up. I guess do that first and then Ravnica later?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Dragon Warrior ended in a village mafia serial killer victory. Ended.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027 and I are currently putting the finishing touches on a game. As of right now, our plan is to have sign-ups go up on Monday, and then have the game start the following Monday. Plans can always change, of course.

The theme of the game is the folk music of the island of Newfoundland.
    And MURDER.
    Also how tragedy, and the subsequent search for justice, can tear apart a small, close-knit community.
    But mostly MURDER.
    Also there's a horse!
    The horse is murdered.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    @AustinP0027 and I are currently putting the finishing touches on a game. As of right now, our plan is to have sign-ups go up on Monday, and then have the game start the following Monday. Plans can always change, of course.

And MURDER.
    Also how tragedy, and the subsequent search for justice, can tear apart a small, close-knit community.
    But mostly MURDER.
    Also there's a horse!
    The horse is murdered.
    The horse is also the white of the eye and the dark within.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

And MURDER.
    But mostly MURDER.
    Also there's a horse!
    The horse is murdered.

https://youtu.be/slqVU5tfr_c

Got as close as I could. Something like this?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Pretty much, but also there's a horse.

(Gonna make a note of this song for future reference.)

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

And MURDER.
    But mostly MURDER.
    Also there's a horse!
    The horse is murdered.

RIP Paddy Murphy

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

And MURDER.
    But mostly MURDER.
    Also there's a horse!
    The horse is murdered.

How much music can I expect from hit musical “Swingin’ in St. John’s”?

This was a local production put on for a Fringe Festival, featuring such hits as ‘When Will My Ship Come In?’, ‘The Story of the Goofy Newfie’, and ‘Get Screeched In!’

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    You'll just have to wait for the game thread to go up.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Looking for a replacement for The Day the Music Died.

Also, reserves if we get more than one person.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Sir Fab just posted 3 minutes of him singing and playing the piano to a original song he re-wrote as a result of being voted out in the most recent game

It's amazing and everyone should go listen to it: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/41869687/#Comment_41869687

ObiFett on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Not a true original but a parody of "A Boat Like Gideon Brown" by Great Big Sea.

I dunno if it's truly theirs or a folk song but definitely not mine.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Like I said, I didn't want to do this.

I made a couple mistakes and the audio quality is bad.

This is quite possibly the best thing to have come out of years of phalla.

I just need to sincerely, 100% agree with 38th here.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Truly, being in a music game and having my phone rendered incapable of listening to music is the most vicious mafia power

The Day The Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse has ended in a Village victory.

We hope you'll join us for The Day The Music Died - Act One: Rock Rebellion, coming in 2020!

Hey guys! So, my Mummy Phalla should be done soon. Just finishing up some final fixes and such! i want to make sure I'm not stepping on toes, so if you were ahead of me please let me know!

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think the front of the queue at this point is "anyone who wants to run one"

My sign ups for the mummy phallus will start either Sunday or Monday of next week, since Thanksgiving is this week.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If you are starting the game December 9th week or later the game may get bisected by the holiday hangout.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    If you are starting the game December 9th week or later the game may get bisected by the holiday hangout.

Then I will wait till after the hangout, to avoid any possible issues.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The holiday hangout usually isnt till the week of christmas/new years.

You shouldn't worry about it.

Also if you are going to have signups go a week anyway then doing it over the holiday shouldnt matter.

Bedlam on
    Ok. I will do sign ups and see what works

If things go according to plan, I should have sign ups open tomorrow.

Need replacement for the Mummy phalla!! Anyone able to jump in?
    discrider wrote: »
    It's ok, can we get someone to replace me then?

@H3Knuckles and @jdarksun

I'd like to give jdarksun the chance since he missed the initial signups and might've chosen to be a player if he could have. But if he can't, I can step in.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I'm leaving town on Wednesday; I'm happy to contribute extensively between now and then and less (but still reasonable! after). What population are you guys to, from the mid-20ish it looks like you were at?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Invictus wrote: »
    I'm leaving town on Wednesday; I'm happy to contribute extensively between now and then and less (but still reasonable! after). What population are you guys to, from the mid-20ish it looks like you were at?

Thanks for the offer, but jdarksun got to me and I no longer need a replacement now. You should definitely join the next time!!

edited May 2020
    Apropos of nothing: my fantasy is to run a crazy Bloodborne phalla, ideally for a Halloween. But, perhaps appropriately given the milieu, whenever I try to plot out how to model that, the complexity quickly spirals out into madness.

I'm rereading a really good fanfic that crossed Bloodborne over with Worm (Worm is an original superhero serialized webnovel by someone who goes by Wildbow, it's a deconstruction but not as negative as most are). The fanfic is Hunter by UnwelcomeStorm originally posted over on the Space Battles forum, as well as Sufficient Velocity, and Archive Of Our Own (AO3). It's incomplete, although the author expressed a desire to continue it pretty recently. But it's got 49 chapters and a little over 74,000 words, so a lot happens before you reach the cliffhanger. Anyway, it does a great job of capturing the spirit of Bloodborne, and the end of one of the chapters (the 11th from Taylor's POV) got me thinking once more about how neat a well-made forum game for it could be.
    If my eyes were still red-rimmed when I got back to Djura, he was kind enough not to mention it. When I lingered, his voice was quiet, with a trace of sympathetic warmth.

"Was there else you needed, lass?"

"Just... thinking." I chewed on my lip, and watched him sort through the bag of odds and ends I'd brought him, separating what was useful from what was not. I watched the worn edges of his coat, the streaks of ash that never washed out.

"Djura?"

"Yes?"

"How did you get out?"

He paused, looking up at me.

"Of the Hunt. Of..." I didn't say Dream. I think he heard it anyway, because he sat back on his heels for a moment in silence.

"I don't rightly know, Taylor. It... was a long time ago, I think. I don't quite remember the specifics. And I'm not sure I'm the best one to ask, really."

"Why is that?"

He gave a short jut of his chin towards the bright circle of the moon.

"I'm still here, aren't I?"

Maybe not even a phalla? Maybe some kind of weird PBP RPG?

Some of Bloodborne's soundtrack feels like filler to me, but the good songs in it are amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zWsGoMS6d4

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    The mummy phalla has ended in an UNDEAD VICTORY!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    As I when back and reread my Nightmare Before Christmas game, I got that spark to make a new game.

So maybe after the Christmas break is over, I'll have Trolls: The Great Freeze Tag Phalla done.