As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] h o n k

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Indivisible is real fun!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    im playing it on ps4 and love it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm waiting to see how the Switch version shakes out. If it's good I'll grab it there, otherwise PS4.

I bought the Switch version of Bloodstained because I wanted it playable off TV even though I heard it had problems, and boy I'm not making that mistake again.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I bought the Switch version of Bloodstained because I wanted it playable off TV even though I heard it had problems, and boy I'm not making that mistake again.

yikes what happened with it?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

yikes what happened with it?

it's mostly fine, but there's some slow down & loading times when going between a few rooms that are excessive. its just not as good as the other versions but they've been working on a big overhaul patch for the last few months that will hopefully see the light of day eventually.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah the Switch version of Bloodstained is rough

Like it's still playable but it's got a fair few annoying issues that put it well behind the other versions

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Finished Outer Wilds. What an incredible goddamn thing.

It's hard to say, since 2019 has lasted approximately 15 years, but this is almost certainly my GOTY.

Hell, I'd probably put it up there with Portal and Shadow of the Colossus as some of the best games I've ever played.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I've loved Indivisible but per MikeZ they're working on a big QoL patch right now so I've been waiting to finish it once that hits.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

It's hard to say, since 2019 has lasted approximately 15 years, but this is almost certainly my GOTY.

Hell, I'd probably put it up there with Portal and Shadow of the Colossus as some of the best games I've ever played.

Well, you just referenced two games in my top 10, and apparently it uses a gameplay mechanic that another game in my top 10 uses, so consider me intrigued.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I've loved Indivisible but per MikeZ they're working on a big QoL patch right now so I've been waiting to finish it once that hits.

I ran into a bug where I just couldn't get past the elevator. It wouldn't trigger the cutscene, but it looks like that got fixed while I was out of town. Guess now I'll wait a little longer before moving on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My hot Indivisible tip is use Razmi's down attack to put her in the middle of the group and then use her Level 3 Iddhi attack because it hits going up and going down and outdamages even Ajna's meter usage.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Well, you just referenced two games in my top 10, and apparently it uses a gameplay mechanic that another game in my top 10 uses, so consider me intrigued.

do it

broken image link
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oooh, that sounds interesting.

Suda51's pre No More Heroes stuff is very Swery-esque.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Siren is one of those ps2 era horror games that I feel a lot of people blew past but man

That one's fucking creepy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I played about 2 hours of Indivisible and liked it a lot, but I'm waiting before I play more. There's still 2 main characters that haven't been finished and aren't in the game yet, not to mention all the indie game guest characters, and there's some weird little bugs.

There's also some little quality of life stuff that could be implemented. Like, I think I heard they're planning on putting in a fast travel system? Because I hear some of the later areas are big and take a while to get around.

I'm also hoping they put in a movelist for Ajna because she seems to be the only character in the game whose moves change depending on the order you do them in. So when you get a bow and suddenly your down attack is doing fist pumps that do no damage it can be a bit confusing. (If you shoot an arrow at an enemy before going into combat with them it counts as the enemy having an arrow in them when combat starts, so your down attack changes into the fist pump which usually makes arrows that are in enemies explode. But since the arrow explodes before combat even starts, the down attack does nothing. If you start combat after firing an arrow and mash down attack Ajna will literally just stand there fistpumping and waste your actions, which doesn't seem like it was done by design)

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Siren is a game that intimidated the shit out of me, I didnt even dare to try it it always struck me as like Silent Hills weird creepy dangerous cousin

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Adding fast travel to Indivisible sounds great. Having finished the game my number 1 complaint was how much of a pain it was to backtrack places.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    $1 mil is not a lot of money to make a videogame

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Gimme a million.

I'll make a video game.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Gimme a million.

I'll make a video game.

A tiny video game, maybe.

A gamelet, if you will.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Who is swery and why does everyone seem to know who that is

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Director of Deadly Premonition.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Swery is the director of Deadly Premonition, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Basically, he's really good at making games that garner cult followings, and the people that like his stuff really like his stuff.

He's also kind of a lovable weirdo, so some people who don't really care for his games still follow his career (this includes me)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    This is all you need to know about Swery

https://youtu.be/us2s_ZaujPc

Aistan on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I totally forgot that existed

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    SWERY is just mirror universe Yoko Taro.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Swery is always very earnest about the games he makes. Nothing he does is done ironically, or because he thinks he's better than his audience, or that he knows better than the critics, or anything like that. He just makes games with ideas and stories that interest him, usually with more ambition than time and budget will allow for full realization.

• Options
    Swery is the drinKING

And yeah, he seems earnest and charming. Nothing about his games feel insincere.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Siren is a game that intimidated the shit out of me, I didnt even dare to try it it always struck me as like Silent Hills weird creepy dangerous cousin

It's far more tedious than difficult (like a guide over one knee and required replays of levels over and over tedious), but almost worth watching a let's play or something if you've never experienced the story, which is spectacularly well crafted (like a haunted town story meets the DLC from Bloodbourne). Also, every single character in the main story gets a Twilight Zone ending, and each one is more unsettling than the last, which is pretty impressive

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nevermind Yoko Taro in all this, what I want to know is where is PIKOTARO?

I want a game about pens, apples, and pineapples!

• Options

if you zoom out enough on the death stranding map, it's revealed that the landmass is actually in the shape of kojima jerking off

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Wait when was it supposed to come out

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II5UsqP2JAk

they launched a reveal trailer in September that gave a February 21 2020 release date

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    you pitch anything as Twin Peaks s3 inspired and im immediately interested

also is deadly premonitions a thing i should play some day

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    you pitch anything as Twin Peaks s3 inspired and im immediately interested

also is deadly premonitions a thing i should play some day

Look into Gleaner Heights if you haven't already