As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    that old twitch UI is amazing

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    jeez redraptor that made me cry

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Damn yeah I thought all of that was gone! Looking through all the old accounts (with access or not) everything seemed purged.

That's awesome. Try uploading to youtube!

Geoff made a comment of how our event was one of the best organized ones he'd seen when we gave him a director's schedule of the event to prepare for every segment of the show.

Some viewers wondered how much of the donations went to pay for the show's production, etc. (Hot take: none). Not bad for a rag tag team of a dozenish PAers from all over the world (literally) over the internet. ^^'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Geoff was someone incredible. He has had such an impact on so many people, and on the game and community of StarCraft.

Obviously my own involvement with StarCraft II really got started here on these forums. And Rumble in the Bronze with Geoff was so awesome the first year that I knew I had to be a part of it the second year.

@redraptor mentioned he had the vods somewhere. I think I may have actually got them from him at some point but I do still have the Rumble in the Bronze 2 vods on hand. So I went ahead and uploaded them to youtube the other night. I hope someone can find the vods from the first RitB and from End of Liberty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UcIc5mn9GE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyy-JhFl3N8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ziWm1xyhrk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_issXOSp8I&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRg1Z2qs0g&feature=youtu.be

rts on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This is awesome I can’t wait to watch them. @redraptor you’re up next!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh my god I'm only 15 minutes into the first game and this commentary is already destroying me.

What a legend.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Same, I was cracking up. He was so good at this.

It’s awesome and also sad. :(

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    For those interested in charity stuff:

I know nothing about this group. Just saw it retweeted into my timeline

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    That's the same set of VODS that I have.

There is a short clip from the third event on the youtube of @Kambing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjittNaMtnM

There's some more info on TL.
    https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/383913-charity-end-of-liberty-w-incontrol-shoutcasting

There may be a lead there but yea at some point twitch deleted VODs which weren't specifically marked for archiving (I think they might have even been more unfair than that.)

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I didn't know this was happening but apparently there was a community memorial happening tonight on Geoff's channel basically right now

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I uploaded links to the VOD to Twitter in hopes it gets viewed and retweeted by everyone. This was just the first of a string of tweets. Share if you don't mind.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Watching the VODs of RitB again actually raised my heart rate with remembered exhilaration and terror. Even though I eventually did get to mid-gold league before drifting away from the crafting of stars, my peripheral involvement in RitB will forever be the pinnacle of my gaming experience, and of course iNcontroL's consummate professionalism and humor makes watching them again a (bittersweet) delight. Thank you all for finding and posting them, even though the occasion for doing so is a terribly sad one.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    That brings me to an oldie but damn goodie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdXTjKWiWE

Oh hey it's been a year.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I started playing SC2 again over the weekend. I remember why I stopped, it's so much harder than other games :D. But I'll keep going for now, it's fun.

The ladder was 80-90% Terran in Gold/Plat, which works because they all tried to rush BCs and died to banelings.

Does anyone still play this though? How does Zerg beat Protoss nowadays? In the past I feel like I could harass and out-macro (ling runbys into swarm hosts to just wear them down). I was not able to do... any of that, really. I'm super out of practice, but wondering if it's also a meta thing?

(ZvZ is ZvZ, of course. Never change... I got a lot of ZvZ wins because my opponent would leave instantly because, really, ZvZ)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    Z is considered the strongest right now at the pro level. Might just be that Serral is better than everyone else and plays Z though. I don't know enough about what to do or why to comment much further.

• Options
    Cauld wrote: »
    Z is considered the strongest right now at the pro level. Might just be that Serral is better than everyone else and plays Z though. I don't know enough about what to do or why to comment much further.

That's basically the same response a friend gave me. "Serral is the best player in the world, so Zerg is clearly the best race, so just git gud :P "

Apparently Infestor+Broodlords are still pretty dependable? Still not sure what the transition is to that though that won't just get run over by a mid-game Toss army.

Steam profile
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I think there's 2 main paths to get there. ling/bane and roach/hydra. I think swarm hosts are mostly used vs mech. Again though, I'm probably wrong. I don't actually play sc2. Just watch it a lot.

• Options
    Broodlord infestor is back in business but IF you fuck it up you immediately die

THAT'S XCOM BAB....I MEAN STARCRAFT BABY

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    God...Rumble in the Bronze. I remember those days.
    That's me in Video 3.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    hrm

I just lost to mass Widow Mines. I think that's it for the night lol. I think I just stayed on too low tier for too long? I got good muta harass, but then "oops they all died to two mines." Then they were able to get in and mess with me enough that I couldn't ever transition off Roaches into anything else....

Steam profile
  • Options
    rogue thinks zerg is OP and he's the zerg GSL champ

I know that's not advice hahaha, but I imagine you can learn something from his play if you haven't already.

I haven't played much at all lately, am oddly hooked on mortal kombat right now, but I poke in and obviously still watch.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The proposed balance patch didn't merit a thread bump?

As someone who plays Zerg very, very badly I find most of these changes horrifying

(Actually the Raven and BC changes are fine, on second thought)

Monwyn on
    uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Monwyn wrote: »

As someone who plays Zerg very, very badly I find most of these changes horrifying

I was busy this week... Anything particularly exciting? Sounds like it lol

Steam profile
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »

I was busy this week... Anything particularly exciting? Sounds like it lol
    Infestor
    *Infested Terran energy cost increased from 25 to 50.
    *Infested Terran health increased from 50 to 75.
    *Infested Swarm Egg health increased from 70 to 75.
    *The Infested Terran’s Gauss Rifle damage increased from 6 to 12.
    *The Infested Terran’s Infested Rockets damage increased from 14 to 24.
    *Infested Rockets now gain +2 per ranged weapon upgrade, up from +1.
    *Infested Rockets attack period decreased from 1.14 to 0.95.

We’d like to redesign the Infested Terran ability with the following goals in mind: First, to make each Infested Terran feel like more of a commitment. Secondly, we want to provide players with more clear counters-play options against Infested Terrans.

Our proposal is a more expensive and powerful Infested Terran that is still vulnerable to key Terran and Protoss units and abilities. With this redesign, while Infested Terrans will have higher damage density, they’ll be more vulnerable to Psionic Storm, Disruptors, and Liberators.

*Neural Parasite range decreased from 9 to 8.

On the theme of reducing the ranges of key late game-oriented units and abilities, we’d like to reduce the range of Neural Parasite in order to ensure that the Infestor must put itself in greater danger when casting this potentially game-ending ability.

*Removed the Research Neural Parasite upgrade. Infestors now come with Neural Parasite by default.

One piece of feedback we’ve heard regarding Battlecruiser openers in TvZ is that while they’re not necessarily too powerful, they often result in a few minutes of inaction on the part of the Zerg player due to the heavy investment required to punch through an army involving any number of Battlecruisers. On the Terran side, we’ve heard feedback that Battlecruiser openers are used so often because they are the best and most stable opener that can be used to transition into mech. This feedback is a bit concerning since we like that Battlecruiser openings are viable, but we nonetheless feel they might be crowding out other cool Terran openers.

This very experimental change could theoretically provide Zerg a more direct option to be aggressive against Battlecruiser openings and open them up to a potential weakness. For now, we believe this change is safe to try given both the Neural Parasite range decrease and the relative low importance of the upgrade’s research duration and time when considering late-game situations. We will also take care to note how the other proposed Battlecruiser changes, designed at changing Battlecruiser interactions in the mid-to-late game, interact with this change, designed at influencing early-game interactions.

Infested Terran changes seem crippling in ZvP in particular

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Battlecruiser openers vs zerg...

How long was I asleep??!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Battlecruiser openers vs zerg...

How long was I asleep??!

I've seen that a lot actually!

It makes vT kind of easy because a lot of people in low Plat/high Gold can't defend against a ling/bling rush when they're rushing BCs

Steam profile
  • Options
    the time for that build has already passed, as far as like "viable" at a high level but I'm sure you'll see it on ladder plenty for as long as that teleport works how it currently does.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Has anyone in the StarCraft world said anything in light of the Hong Kong situation? I understand that building your career off a video game makes your livelihood so fragile that I wouldn't judge streamers/commentators for trying to keep their heads down right now, but considering the activity in Hearthstone and Overwatch, the relative silence for this game has been surprising to me.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Watching a little of the blizz bw stream last night, the 1k viewer chat was pretty quiet. No ping pongs, etc..

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I noticed a few Free HK spammers earlier in the evening watching KSL online qualifiers, but yeah that petered out eventually. I checked out Corrupted Cup later (sadly I had to sleep before seeing if Artosis got out of his group) and it was just typical Twitch chat there.

Edit: I just looked up Artosis's results after I went to bed and...
    He got out of his group! And then was eliminated in an all terran group of three :(:(:(

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Blizzard as a whole may be a calamity right now, but at least the SC2 team has good in it. They're bundling a bunch of Geoff related stuff, some old and some new, and giving it to everyone for free:

https://starcraft2.com/en-us/news/23181745?blzcmp=app

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    We’d like to believe that StarCraft was important to Geoff. But what we know, beyond any doubt, is that Geoff was important to StarCraft.

Wonderful sentiment that I couldn't agree with more.

• Options
    it's still so fucked up

I'd like to think he'd make some really off color jokes that hopefully we'd agree with politically at blizzcon and everyone would have to keep from laughing. or at least he'd draw a dick on the teleprompter.

(he always seemed like a good dude to me but I also have a tendency to project politics onto people I like... but this one seems pretty universal!)

• Options
    So I decided to actually finish the single player for SC2, because even though the writing is, by and large, cringe inducing, ham-fisted tripe, I paid for it doggone it, and it's one of my favorite games, so I'm going to finish it!

So I start a new Legacy of the Void campaign, which is the last campaign I have to play, and...

Maybe I'm crazy but...

...I think I really like Artanis' whole arc so far? Like I genuinely really dig Artanis now. He's a protoss, so obviously he's a huge dork, but within that really dorky sphere of Protoss-dom I think his whole deal is really well handled.

Minor character spoilers for partway through LotV:
    Also Fenix "coming back" is not exactly an original character beat, but it's still poignant for me as someone who's been familiar with SC/BW for most of my life.

There's still room for dumb decisions though and phase-smith-guy's alien tooth beard is fucking terrible

• Options
    edited October 2019
    someone emp'd a protoss building in a pro game in a clutch moment and it mattered, no spoilers but last nights ro16 group for blizzcon. nnf.

Variable on
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    someone emp'd a protoss building in a pro game in a clutch moment and it mattered, no spoilers but last nights ro16 group for blizzcon. nnf.

Link the game? In spoilers if that would somehow bother people? I've been watching only a bit of ro16 recently, missed that!

Steam profile
  • Options
    this is the whole series, I can't recall the game besides that it's neither of the first two

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    this is the whole series, I can't recall the game besides that it's neither of the first two

Game 4 around 1:06:00. Pretty sick play.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    DeepMind has come

44 days from noob to GrandMaster.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai