As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation4 / PSN] PS3+Vita games are back on the menu, boys!

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Justice wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Any recommendations on those phone clips for controllers?? Need something cheap.

On Amazon it looks like they're all the same piece of Chinese plastic for as low as $8. The search term is "ps4 phone clip."

Another reason I wish I had a 3D printer

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I never got around to starting the first one since I plowed through TitS 1 and didn’t have time to finish the second one, and didn’t wanna get spoiled on stuff

Did they release the sequels on Vita?

Cold Steel 1 and 2 are on Vita, PC, PS3, PS4.

Cold Steel 3 is on PS4, no PC announcement yet.

Sky 1 and 2 are on PSP and PC. Sky 3 is on PC.

Zero and Ao are still not officially released outside of Japan.

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Just finished Iconoclasts...it was....not very good. I liked the gameplay but the story, dialogue, level design, unlockables all of it around the actual gameplay was kinda bad and boring.

That’s the exact opposite of my impression, haha.
    I found the gameplay good, but the story and characters above expectations. Got some real lulz from basic sprite mannerisms too.
    I think it was a PSplus game a few months ago as well?
    Anyone recommend a multiplayer FPS for quick shooting? Criteria: (1) not Destiny 2, played it into the ground and the loadscreens are wow; (2) FPS; and (3) not military-themed.

I mean, Apex is free. So is the tight knot of stress it leaves in my guts.

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I know I'm extremely late to the party but HOLY FORKING SHIRTBALLS ASTROBOT IS SOOOOO GOOD

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Zavian wrote: »
    Any recommendations on those phone clips for controllers?? Need something cheap.

On Amazon it looks like they're all the same piece of Chinese plastic for as low as $8. The search term is "ps4 phone clip."

Got the mount at it is definitely a shitty piece of plastic but it appears to be doing the job right now. Unfortunately ps4 remote play doesn't seem to wanna use the ds4. Steam recognises it fine on the phone and i briefly played Odyssey on my pc using it but it appears the console for which it was made has issues with it.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Ironic.png

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I know I'm extremely late to the party but HOLY FORKING SHIRTBALLS ASTROBOT IS SOOOOO GOOD

why the fuck can't i buy ANY sort of little astro bot dude to sit on my desk.

Why is he not on all sorts of merch.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Got the mount at it is definitely a shitty piece of plastic but it appears to be doing the job right now. Unfortunately ps4 remote play doesn't seem to wanna use the ds4. Steam recognises it fine on the phone and i briefly played Odyssey on my pc using it but it appears the console for which it was made has issues with it.

Dualshock use requires Android 10.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have a Note 9, I assume it's Android 10. I mean it works with the phone, just not the ps4 app.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    In honor of the (almost) end of a generation and the (almost) beginning of the one, a moment of greatness from this very forum.

10 years ago, Sony did something dumb. And we had a good time with it.

not sure if @slash000 is still around, but he gets full credit for the compilation.

https://youtu.be/iJFVSsA22WU

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    For us weebs with decent amounts of culture, Trails of Cold Steel 3 is officially out as of today.

Mannnn. I dunno if I wanna jump in on a PS4 version or wait for a PC version with speed-up options and the ability to continue my save from ToCS 2.

@Stabbity Style Just as an FYI: PS4 Version has speed-up options and I'm under the impression that no version of Trails of Cold Steel 3 has save-importing to carry over "decisions"/rankings from the preceding titles. Presumably that's a reflection of how they were originally released, but it also makes some sense narratively.

• Options
    Omg i did a few of those :lol:

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

We are all getting old.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »
    For us weebs with decent amounts of culture, Trails of Cold Steel 3 is officially out as of today.

Mannnn. I dunno if I wanna jump in on a PS4 version or wait for a PC version with speed-up options and the ability to continue my save from ToCS 2.

@Stabbity Style Just as an FYI: PS4 Version has speed-up options and I'm under the impression that no version of Trails of Cold Steel 3 has save-importing to carry over "decisions"/rankings from the preceding titles. Presumably that's a reflection of how they were originally released, but it also makes some sense narratively.

Ooooooooh. Well then. Now I really wanna get it. Especially since turbo mode is in. I love those games but playing without a turbo mode would be terrible.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I have a Note 9, I assume it's Android 10. I mean it works with the phone, just not the ps4 app.

Coincidentally, I also have a Note 9, and just verified that it's on Android 9, and not Android 10. Which is fucking surprising since it's so damn new! So, unless Sony changes their requirements, or Samsung comes out with an OS upgrade for the Note 9, we're boned.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yay i googled it and turns out the note 10 is rumoured to get thre upgrade in Germany next month as beta. The rest, included the 9 get it early next year.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular

We are all getting old.

I was like "these are great! I remember this!"

Then the one I did popped up and I was instantly transported to the memory of my tiny graphic artist office at a local TV Station 10 years ago, cranking out that image and neglecting my nightly news duties. I havent thought about that in AGES.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I never got around to starting the first one since I plowed through TitS 1 and didn’t have time to finish the second one, and didn’t wanna get spoiled on stuff

Did they release the sequels on Vita?

This seems like a strange place to be talking about Trials in Tainted Space. I also don't think sony would ever authorize a version of that game on anything (even the vita).

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

we had the discussion last thread about whether it was even meaningful to announce the release date of last of us 2, which makes this very funny

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Well, MediEvil's getting mediocre reviews. Apparently it looks fantastic but the combat's sloppy, the camera's annoying, and there's a problematic lack of checkpoints. Dang.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

we had the discussion last thread about whether it was even meaningful to announce the release date of last of us 2, which makes this very funny
    They’re also now saying that Ghost of Tsushima is slipping past its non-announced first half window to later in the year, but not being moved over to the PS5.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Well, MediEvil's getting mediocre reviews. Apparently it looks fantastic but the combat's sloppy, the camera's annoying, and there's a problematic lack of checkpoints. Dang.

So, then . . . just a pretty port of the original Medievil? :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

They’re also now saying that Ghost of Tsushima is slipping past its non-announced first half window to later in the year, but not being moved over to the PS5.

Thank goodness we're now in the era of cross-generational releases. Right? Right?

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

So, then . . . just a pretty port of the original Medievil? :wink:

Pretty much, but FYI in case you were hoping they really fixed much beyond the sound and visuals.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm glad it's very much like the original.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Pretty pumped for Black Friday 2018, personally

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Even funnier, given that the shift in DOOM Eternal's date was met with 'omg they'll be fighting with all these other hot releases, they're soooo fuuuuucked' by a few folks.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I cant tell if you put 2018 on purpose or accident, but I like it. lol

On topic. I'm hoping to see control go on a really good sale. I held off on buying it because Shadowkeep was so close, but I still really wanna play it.

• Options
    On the further adventures of Captain Backlog -- I'm playing Yakuza 0, my first Yakuza game. And I'm digging it much more than I expected! It really feels like a game that hasn't shaken off all its PS2-era clunkiness, but it's got so much charm and story and intrigue it more than makes up for the clunk. Goro Majima's introductory scene was just fantastic.

There's not a Yakuza thread around here, is there? I searched back for a year and found zilch.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    On the further adventures of Captain Backlog -- I'm playing Yakuza 0, my first Yakuza game. And I'm digging it much more than I expected! It really feels like a game that hasn't shaken off all its PS2-era clunkiness, but it's got so much charm and story and intrigue it more than makes up for the clunk. Goro Majima's introductory scene was just fantastic.

There's not a Yakuza thread around here, is there? I searched back for a year and found zilch.

There was, not sure what happened to it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Majima's intro in Zero might be a Top 10 character introduction moment. Of all time.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Majima's intro in Zero might be a Top 10 character introduction moment. Of all time.

Seriously, I was just awestruck watching it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    taco543 wrote: »

On topic. I'm hoping to see control go on a really good sale. I held off on buying it because Shadowkeep was so close, but I still really wanna play it.

Intentional! Old thread was called "Black Friday 2017 and beyond" for way too long!

But for real, I'm pumped. I have a PSN wishlist of 27 games at the moment - everything from indie to AAA, old to new - and I always drop a stack of cash on PSN Black Friday (which has been really, REALLY good for like three years now?). I can usually walk away with ~$350 worth of games for ~$150-200? Then, of course, I only play like 1/4 of the stuff I buy. I'm going to try to show restraint this year. But if I see deep discounts on stuff here, I'm liable to jump.

Wishlist:
    - The Outer Worlds
    - Outer Wilds
    - MH: World
    - Frostpunk
    - Concrete Genie
    - AO: Origins (currently 70% off)
    - AO: Odyssey (currently 60% off)
    - Castle Crashers Remastered
    - Control
    - Judgment
    - Metro Exodus
    - Dreams Early Access
    - Shadow Complex Remastered
    - VA-11 Hall-A
    - Timespinner
    - Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
    - Persona 5
    - The Messenger
    - The Gardens Between
    - MINIT
    - Days Gone
    - The Division 2 (currently 65% off)
    - Red Dead Redemption 2
    - FFXII: The Zodiac Age
    - RE7
    - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    - Yakuza 0

Backlog on PS4 (mostly PS+ freebies, but not all):
    - Telltale Batman: S2 (in progress)
    - RE2make
    - Uncharted 4
    - Uncharted: Lost Legacy
    - Detroit: Become Human
    - South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - MGSV
    - This War of Mine
    - The Surge
    - Abzu
    - Rebel Galaxy
    - Stories: The Path of Destinies
    - Life is Strange S1
    - Rime
    - Downwell
    - GTAV
    - Iconoclasts
    - Apotheon
    - Until Dawn
    - Yakuza Kiwami
    - Rayman Legends
    - Just Cause 3
    - Steep
    - Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
    - Super Time Force Ultra

Some - maybe the majority? - of the titles above are likely to be passed over or forgotten once we get close to PS5, or if I go through another spell where I only want to play Switch for a long stretch.

Backwards compatibility with PS5 means that my backlog will probably now grow forever

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Having played through Abzu 100% on two platforms...it's a pretty-looking but otherwise OK game. Not one I'd particularly remember.

Which I suspect is how most people who don't have an affinity about diving feel about Abzu now?

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

There was, not sure what happened to it.

Here it is https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/209231/yakuza-but-also-judgment-turn-based-zone

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options

Intentional! Old thread was called "Black Friday 2017 and beyond" for way too long!

But for real, I'm pumped. I have a PSN wishlist of 27 games at the moment - everything from indie to AAA, old to new - and I always drop a stack of cash on PSN Black Friday (which has been really, REALLY good for like three years now?). I can usually walk away with ~$350 worth of games for ~$150-200? Then, of course, I only play like 1/4 of the stuff I buy. I'm going to try to show restraint this year. But if I see deep discounts on stuff here, I'm liable to jump.

Wishlist:
    - The Outer Worlds
    - Outer Wilds
    - Frostpunk
    - Concrete Genie
    - Control
    - Judgment
    - Metro Exodus
    - Dreams Early Access
    - VA-11 Hall-A
    - Timespinner
    - Persona 5
    - The Messenger
    - The Gardens Between
    - MINIT
    - Days Gone
    - Red Dead Redemption 2
    - RE7
    - Yakuza 0

- RE2make
    - Uncharted 4
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - MGSV
    - This War of Mine
    - The Surge
    - Abzu
    - Rebel Galaxy
    - Life is Strange S1
    - Rime
    - Downwell
    - GTAV
    - Iconoclasts
    - Apotheon
    - Until Dawn
    - Yakuza Kiwami
    - Rayman Legends
    - Just Cause 3
    - Steep
    - Super Time Force Ultra

Some - maybe the majority? - of the titles above are likely to be passed over or forgotten once we get close to PS5, or if I go through another spell where I only want to play Switch for a long stretch.

Backwards compatibility with PS5 means that my backlog will probably now grow forever

If you have a PC, half those wishlist games are on game pass. Outer Worlds, Metro Exodus, Shadow of War, The Messenger, MINIT, Hellblade, and The Gardens Between. $1 for the first month, $5/month after.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Wishlist:
    - The Outer Worlds
    - Outer Wilds
    - Frostpunk
    - Concrete Genie
    - Control
    - Judgment
    - Metro Exodus
    - Dreams Early Access
    - VA-11 Hall-A
    - Timespinner
    - Persona 5
    - The Messenger
    - The Gardens Between
    - MINIT
    - Days Gone
    - Red Dead Redemption 2
    - RE7
    - Yakuza 0

- RE2make
    - Uncharted 4
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - MGSV
    - This War of Mine
    - The Surge
    - Abzu
    - Rebel Galaxy
    - Life is Strange S1
    - Rime
    - Downwell
    - GTAV
    - Iconoclasts
    - Apotheon
    - Until Dawn
    - Yakuza Kiwami
    - Rayman Legends
    - Just Cause 3
    - Steep
    - Super Time Force Ultra

If you have a PC, half those wishlist games are on game pass. Outer Worlds, Metro Exodus, Shadow of War, The Messenger, MINIT, Hellblade, and The Gardens Between. $1 for the first month, $5/month after.

Keep in mind, it needs to be a Windows 10 PC (I'd say "updated", but that's kind of redundant the way things work now).

Abzu is on PC Game Pass too.

• Options

Wishlist:
    - The Outer Worlds
    - Outer Wilds
    - Frostpunk
    - Concrete Genie
    - Control
    - Judgment
    - Metro Exodus
    - Dreams Early Access
    - VA-11 Hall-A
    - Timespinner
    - Persona 5
    - The Messenger
    - The Gardens Between
    - MINIT
    - Days Gone
    - Red Dead Redemption 2
    - RE7
    - Yakuza 0

- RE2make
    - Uncharted 4
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - MGSV
    - This War of Mine
    - The Surge
    - Abzu
    - Rebel Galaxy
    - Life is Strange S1
    - Rime
    - Downwell
    - GTAV
    - Iconoclasts
    - Apotheon
    - Until Dawn
    - Yakuza Kiwami
    - Rayman Legends
    - Just Cause 3
    - Steep
    - Super Time Force Ultra

Thank you for this. My PC setup is kinda bad right now for any kind of serious gaming, but I could definitely knock out some of those indies with Game Pass. Good thinking!

I'm reluctant to pony up for Game Pass because I'm such a trophy lover, but... $1, though.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I like this theory the most:

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So, this is surprising (to me anyway): Playstation Vue is shutting down in early 2020.