As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Outer Worlds] Like New Vegas but with the color green

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I almost died 1.5 weeks ago and am looking forward to a good ass rpg during my (long) recovery

Imma make a punch mans

J3qcnBP.png
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I almost died 1.5 weeks ago and am looking forward to a good ass rpg during my (long) recovery

Imma make a punch mans

Congratulations on not dying!

steam_sig.png
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Really pumped for this. Normally I'd pre-order this to support Obsidian, but I need to see some tech reviews first. The reviews are mentioning it's the least buggy Obsidian game they've played but PC always introduces new wrinkles.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say this is gonna be great. Thanks to my buddy Erin The Red for showing me this tweet!

I just came here to share the same article! As contrition for my lateness, I present to you a video review from Kotaku, that shows off some combat and social interactions.

camo_sig2.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Really pumped for this. Normally I'd pre-order this to support Obsidian, but I need to see some tech reviews first. The reviews are mentioning it's the least buggy Obsidian game they've played but PC always introduces new wrinkles.
    PC Gamer has their review up. Re: wrinkles, "For the most part the game ran beautifully on a GTX970. There were occasional stutters and quick texture popping upon loading into a new area."

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Ars Technica review mentions that it ran great on a gaming laptop they had with some high end but not HIGH END graphics card inside.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I've already given up on my anti-EGS ideology because of Control, so I was likely going to end up with this anyway...but Microsoft comes through with the solid and puts it on Ultimate Game Pass day and date. So it's pre-loaded on my PC now.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Imma make a punch mans

You can't die, you haven't played Outer Worlds yet!
    Feel better, see you next Path of Exile league start <3

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I've already given up on my anti-EGS ideology because of Control, so I was likely going to end up with this anyway...but Microsoft comes through with the solid and puts it on Ultimate Game Pass day and date. So it's pre-loaded on my PC now.

Indeed, this thread has been quite the emotional rollercoaster for me, read about game "Sweet!" EGS "FUCK NO!" Gamepass "Yay!"

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I hate this idea that Obsidian makes "buggy games. . ." Bethesda has a buggy game engine; Obsidian worked with what they had available. PoE/Tyranny/etc. were pretty bug free for me.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Their post-FO:NV games (which includes stuff Dungeon Siege 3 and South Park) were pretty problem free.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I hate this idea that Obsidian makes "buggy games. . ." Bethesda has a buggy game engine; Obsidian worked with what they had available. PoE/Tyranny/etc. were pretty bug free for me.

Wasn't KOTOR 2 pretty buggy too?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    KOTOR 2 was unfinished and unpolished, through no fault of Obsidian's. It was rushed out the door. It was also another case of them being tied to someone else's engine.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Man I was so pumped for this until I found out it was another Epic exclusive.

After my time with Control and the Epic store just fucking up everything it touched I'm not going back. Edit: I might actually borrow a coworkers PS4 to play this.

jungleroomx on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Borderlands 3 was fine on Epic and it's not really exclusive as pointed out- can get it on Gamepass right now.

Hopefully the game is as least as good as New Vegas. Been on a blackout pretty much since there's no risk trying it out, so I'll be pleasantly surprised with everything hopefully.

Xeddicus on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Borderlands 3 was fine on Epic and it's not really exclusive as pointed out- can get it on Gamepass right now.

Oh! Well then I'll sign up for Gamepass I think! I despise Epics business practices right now and their software was a bluescreen nightmare the last time I used it.

Thanks!

jungleroomx on
    I had no issues with Control or BL3 on EGS, but I also understand people have myriad reasons to not use it. I respect peoples right to run or not run whatever they want on their PC's.

Thankfully Microsoft gave PC gamers another option at launch.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Huh, I guess it finally has sunk in...

...is there really no good reason to get this on ps4 at full price if it’s a buck to get game pass on pc?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

It's hard to change people's perception. KOTOR2 may have been rushed, but all the bugs and unfinished nature of it was put on Obsidian. Neverwinter Nights 2 and Alpha Protocol were really buggy. Fallout New Vegas may have Bethesda crappy engine to blame, but again the fault for better or worse gets thrown on the developer. Especially by this time they had a reputation for buggy games.

South Park wasn't too buggy for me, and I've not played many of their more recent games. They could be great at bug free launches, which would be awesome as I really want to pick this up this weekend. But changing people initial perceptions is really tough and it'll take time.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    If I'm being fair I do have to put Alpha Protocol on Obsidian. In most of the other cases they were shouldered with IP they didn't own, engines they weren't entirely familiar with and/or rushed schedules because of the aforementioned factors. Alpha Protocol seems like their own mess.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

It's hard to change people's perception. KOTOR2 may have been rushed, but all the bugs and unfinished nature of it was put on Obsidian. Neverwinter Nights 2 and Alpha Protocol were really buggy. Fallout New Vegas may have Bethesda crappy engine to blame, but again the fault for better or worse gets thrown on the developer. Especially by this time they had a reputation for buggy games.

South Park wasn't too buggy for me, and I've not played many of their more recent games. They could be great at bug free launches, which would be awesome as I really want to pick this up this weekend. But changing people initial perceptions is really tough and it'll take time.

With the sole exception of Armored Warfare, I've played every game Obsidian has put out, most on release. Compared to similar developers, they always have more jank and serious bugs than normal. Even the studio has admitted in interviews that they needed to focus more on Q&A.

Might be this is a sign that they have.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    If I'm being fair I do have to put Alpha Protocol on Obsidian. In most of the other cases they were shouldered with IP they didn't own, engines they weren't entirely familiar with and/or rushed schedules because of the aforementioned factors. Alpha Protocol seems like their own glorious, glorious game.

...is there really no good reason to get this on ps4 at full price if it’s a buck to get game pass on pc?
    There is no good reason to get this on PS4 at full price if your PC is up to snuff because it's $1 there.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Gita’s review did mention a companion registering as dead for quest purposes when they were alive, so it seems like this game will not be completely bug free.

Edit: My greatest hope for this game is that it is political as fuck.

Winky on
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    These games (i.e. RPGs with lots and lots of options) are never bug free at launch. There simply are too many variables and permutations to keep track of. The best you can hope for is that there aren't any game-breaking bugs at launch.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There is no good reason to get this on PS4 at full price if your PC is up to snuff because it's $1 there.

Trophies are worth $59 to me though.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I think PC game pass patched in achievements on Monday.

So now you get cheevos there.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hrm, I started a New Vegas playthrough because I couldn’t wait, now I may end up having to play through new vegas before starting.

Plying with PushtheWinButton’s Jesawyer ulimate+mojave wildlife+mojave raiders+mojave arsenel, which are pretty nice. Also the living desert mod which seems a lot like immersive patrols for skyrim.

I had forgotten how railroaded the beginning parts are though, they really do push you around that lower loop.

Jealous Deva on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I think PC game pass patched in achievements on Monday.

So now you get cheevos there.

You get cheevos on Xbox Game Pass games too (of which this is, of course, one).

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anyone seen how companion skills work?

Do they all have individual skills that they increase or something like that?

Trying to further plan my gunslinger persuade build.

Also note one thing: the game is supposedly super easy so if you are looking for something that isn't completely faceroll bump that difficulty up.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Hrm, I started a New Vegas playthrough because I couldn’t wait, now I may end up having to play through new vegas before starting.

Plying with PushtheWinButton’s Jesawyer ulimate+mojave wildlife+mojave raiders+mojave arsenel, which are pretty nice. Also the living desert mod which seems a lot like immersive patrols for skyrim.

I had forgotten how railroaded the beginning parts are though, they really do push you around that lower loop.

I remember trying to go north instead and running straight into a deathclaw. Point taken!

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

Ya but then you would have to keep paying for a sub or not be able to play the game after a month.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Ya but then you would have to keep paying for a sub or not be able to play the game after a month.

So? The amount of times I replay a game is a straight line approaching 0.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

My couch and TV are very good reasons.

DemonStacey on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

My couch and TV are a very good reason.

Do what I did and hook your computer up to your TV.

LxX6eco.jpg
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

My couch and TV are a very good reason.

Do what I did and hook your computer up to your TV.

That requires spending money and time(which is also money) which removes then benefit of trying to save money!

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Game Pass will also convert your existing xbox live gold sub into game pass right now.

I bought a year of xbox live gold for 60 bucks, then got 3 months of game pass for 15 dollars (I already used the 1 dollar deal)

For 75 bucks, I have game pass ultimate which is PC/Xbox game pass and xbox live gold until Feb. 2021.

I do own an xbox, so your mileage may vary on this, but that's a real good deal.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

You dont play through games like fallout and elder scrolls more than once? How do you try out different playstyles? I think i have like 3 300 or so hour saves on fallout 4, countless skyrim characters on different systems, and had an absurd amount of playthroughs of morrowind and fallout 3. I had a few new vegas playthroughs too but the getting stuck on load screen bug made playing the game frustrating.

You dont play through games like fallout and elder scrolls more than once? How do you try out different playstyles? I think i have like 3 300 or so hour saves on fallout 4, countless skyrim characters on different systems, and had an absurd amount of playthroughs of morrowind and fallout 3. I had a few new vegas playthroughs too but the getting stuck on load screen bug made playing the game frustrating.

I...don't?

LxX6eco.jpg
    My couch and TV are very good reasons.
    Yeah but then you'd have to controller.

/shudder

(nah j/k, you do you, if you'd rather play on the couch then go for it!)