As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Huh, so apparently tonight is not the end of primal, there are 5 more episodes still in production.

Which makes sense, seeing as how this last one introduced some uhh, new elements, and didn’t even remotely feel like an ending.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's cool. I haven't seen the 5th one yet, but everything so far has been pretty enjoyable. Lots of visual feasting to be had. The 4th one introduced some great creature design.

H9f4bVe.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Adult Swim seems to be doing a thing where they put out small batches of episodes instead of an entire season run. They're also just doing five episodes of Rick and Morty next month.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Adult Swim seems to be doing a thing where they put out small batches of episodes instead of an entire season run. They're also just doing five episodes of Rick and Morty next month.

Apparently this is because a long time producer died and they have decided to delay the season and just release what's done so far

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

Apparently this is because a long time producer died and they have decided to delay the season and just release what's done so far

I can't find anything about a Rick and Morty season delay.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    That's cool. I haven't seen the 5th one yet, but everything so far has been pretty enjoyable. Lots of visual feasting to be had. The 4th one introduced some great creature design.

That forth episode was really awesome.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Huh, so apparently tonight is not the end of primal, there are 5 more episodes still in production.

Which makes sense, seeing as how this last one introduced some uhh, new elements, and didn’t even remotely feel like an ending.

That is good news. Because if that was the way they were planning on ending the show...
    If I ever had the chance to meet Genndy Tartakovsky, there may have been words.

Though, honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the show.
    I mean, it's got some amazing artistic style and animation. The choice to go non-lingual with it is intriguing. And the sound track is enthralling.

On the other hand, I don't know how much more caveman murder party I really feel the need to watch.
    Like, the first half of the last episode is probably in my top 10 things I've ever watched on TV. It was amazingly vibrant, peaceful and hopeful. Watching Fang chase butterflies may be my favorite part of the series.
    But... Then the last half happened and it's all murder monkeys and slaughter apes and more blood and organs splashing across the screen than a half dozen Mortal Kombat tournaments.
    And then it ends on that...

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Well
    aside from the ambiguity over whether fang survives, the ape man cult/ruined arena raises a lot of questions about the setting. I don’t think the apes built that, how can there be a ruined civilization in prehistory, unless maybe this isn’t prehistory at all? What sort of magic do the ape men possess? Are there more of them? Are their gods physical beings that bestow them powers?

Or is is it more just a metaphor about how civilization, ritualized violence, violence for the purpose of entertainment or even revenge perverts the natural order of killing only to survive?

I know the show is meant to be short stories, like Conan or Tarzan, but it would be weird if they didn’t follow up on some of this.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I hope the world-building continues. That last episode was rich with it.
    What's with that black ooze? Twist: it connects up with the Aliens/Prometheus universe, whoaaaa...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Well, the setting is clearly not meant to be actual prehistory, if for no other reason than the whole thing with primates running around alongside dinosaurs. And in terms of actual human history, physically modern humans have existed for over a hundred thousand years; given different circumstances, that's enough time to climb up to modern civilization, collapse into total stone age, and climb back up again like ten times over. If you had humans far enough back to be kicking around with dinosaurs, that's a long-ass time to develop and lose civilizations.

This setting definitely seems to be something like Conan the Barbarian, where the whole world is wild and savage and always has been. Any dead civilization might have been dead for a day or a year or ten thousand years, but nobody keeps track of any of it so there's just ruins sometimes. Thus far, Spear seems to be the most "advanced" thinking being on the planet but there doesn't seem to be any others of his kind running around.

But who knows? The whole thing could swivel towards some crazy-ass post-apocalyptic Heavy Metal kinda setting where we end up with Spear and Fang bashing wasteland riders driving around on hover motorcycles wielding laser knives.

As far that ooze
    given that it's a Tartakovsky show I'd say it's way more likely the ooze is some kind of proto-Aku goop, after it gets split off from the cosmic bad guy from Samurai Jack but before it eventually "grows" into Aku. This setting being the same as Samurai Jack is something I could buy, since that also had loads of crazy critters. And the Aku goop was around for a looooong time before Aku formed from it.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Just finished Primal.

Great stuff, but now I'm wondering how many of the foreign animation staff now have PTSD from working on episode five.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

So, we're getting animated stupid stupid rat creatures?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well I guess I'm going to have to watch it over a quiche.

So, we're getting animated stupid stupid rat creatures?

Hooray!

H9f4bVe.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    nightmare fuel... sleep tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wx8Qo9l2yY

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Anybody want more Adventure Time? On HBO for some reason?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Hey, remember the Klaus teaser from 2015?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX78pL_nnRI

It finally got a trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taE3PwurhYM&t
    Really disappointed this isn't based on Klaus comic by Grant Morrison which is so dang good.

skeldare wrote: »

...the Streaming Wars are going to get so, so stupid, aren't they.

Yes but if animation is used to buffet and fill libraries of original content to attract us we all win. Look at all the extra we are getting from Disney+ and DC. Many of these project would probably have never been greenlit.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

If you ask me, we are already there friend.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Kyougu wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Hey, remember the Klaus teaser from 2015?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX78pL_nnRI

It finally got a trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taE3PwurhYM&t
    Really disappointed this isn't based on Klaus comic by Grant Morrison which is so dang good.

Klaus has the best premise - “What if Santa was Superman?”

Phillishere on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

The streaming wars, begun they have.

HBO max has the CN catalog and crunchyroll so frankly that and Disney Plus/Hulu bundle cover 90 percent of my interests for roughly 30 bucks.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    A Second Season of gen:LOCK Will Debut on HBO Max

Good to know there will be another season.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Hazbin Hotel pilot episode is finally out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlmswo0S0e0

Pretty solid. Alastor steals the show as expected, but a little disappointed that there wasn't really much to it aside from connecting and concluding stuff above and beyond what they've already teased in the promos. Still really hope it gets picked up by someone for a full series.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Well I'm sold, loving everything. Really good voice acting.

I already want merchandise <3.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I quite enjoyed it. I really hope they get picked up by someone who can fund it and who won't do nasty licensing tricks.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Well I'm sold, loving everything. Really good voice acting.

I already want merchandise <3.

There's already quite a bit.
    https://sharkrobot.com/collections/hazbin-hotel

ztrEPtD.gif
    The new Infinity Train shorts are amusing:

https://youtu.be/FeSpS6AIULI

https://youtu.be/WRuC4R3HSG0

Tiny Wizard Car is adorable.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Steven Universe Future.

Adventure Time post series.

Now we just need Star vs. the Forces of Evil World.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Dac wrote: »
    Steven Universe Future.

Adventure Time post series.

Now we just need Star vs. the Forces of Evil World.

Theres no way the ending of Star caused anything less than an apocalypse

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Ugh.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender head writer and Dragon Prince co-creator Aaron Ehasz is facing allegations of misogynistic behavior after several former employees went public with their experiences.

I am familiar with Danika from her tenure at Waypoint so this just adds some context to her leaving Dragon Prince seemingly out of the blue.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That guy used to work at Riot Games? Consider me unsurprised then. That place homebrewed toxicity.

Still, incredibly shitty that he's still allowed to do stuff?

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    RWBY's started its 7th Volume, if anyone other than me keeps up with it. First episode's only on RT FIRST for now, should be free and the second episode on FIRST in...two days?

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    RWBY's started its 7th Volume, if anyone other than me keeps up with it. First episode's only on RT FIRST for now, should be free and the second episode on FIRST in...two days?

I'm behind by two volumes now then. Haven't seen any of 6.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.