As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Nooo

I killed traunt.

Twice.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I got a cold Conference Call last night and wish I could see what that thing would do without having nerfed damage.

Conference call was buffed. The butcher was nerfed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I got a Gunerang last night. I shoot it once or twice to see what it does, then reload

Queue me dying when the gunarang returns to me, and explodes a canister next to me.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I got a cold Conference Call last night and wish I could see what that thing would do without having nerfed damage.

Conference call was buffed. The butcher was nerfed

Though it is past its prime as it’s nowhere near as good as it was in 2.

I now have 100% on all planets still missing the achievements related to them sigh . On a bright note I am trying out Cryo shield drone zane and I’m having a blast.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I had something strange happen last night.

Last week I looted the Hawkins Special SMG, it was listed as x3 in the damage. Yesterday when I logged in, it was down to a x2. After I killed Graveward, it had no multiplier there at all. By the end of the night, it was back up to a x2.

What the fuck is going on?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Last week I looted the Hawkins Special SMG, it was listed as x3 in the damage. Yesterday when I logged in, it was down to a x2. After I killed Graveward, it had no multiplier there at all. By the end of the night, it was back up to a x2.

GeArBOx

GeArBOx

The way they say that in the launching of the game sounds weirdly like “cubone” to me.

That might actually be deliberate
    Notes

If the gun spawns with an elemental prefix such as Arctic (cryo), it will instead switch between firing 1 and 3 bullets per shot based on the time of day.

I was noticing something similar last night, but thought I was just misremembering

Incidentally, I demand loot tables.

Why do I have seven woodchoppers?

Well with the current event it’s a good time to farm , almost everything that is dropping is anointed. That said when you get something you actually want it won’t have one or worse have a really good one... for a different build or a different character.

edited October 2019
    It’s just ... how do you decide what to keep? They keep changing stats, so maybe something I got sucks now but maybe it’ll be amazing in a week. Plus it’s not really clear what half of them even do without thirty minutes of play.

Plus the bank is too small and the sorting sucks.

VishNub on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    9/10 of my deaths in this game come from being continuously blinded by rockets through the entire duration of my FFYL. On Mayhem 3 it often only takes a single Badass enemy shooting at me to obstruct my view to the point where nothing onscreen is meaningfully visible.

It's sort of a meme by now, but I actually think this is an enormous problem with the game and needs to be fucking addressed. It's an extraordinarily frustrating reason to die.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I totally agree. The only reason I ever survive it is Moze can throw grenades in FFYL.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Zane's shield is useful in those situations but the problem is that it adds more particles on screen and the game can get sluggish.

My laptop is pretty modest.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Trying to get my Amara to 50 is getting tedious. The idea of clearing TVHM again is just... ugh. Maybe if the console version would have Mayhem unlocked from the start like it should would help, better XP and better drops would be nice. Mayhem on Normal just feels slow, but it's working for now.

Got a Phasezerker mod and it is just plain stupid how good it is. It feels like one of those items that any Amara build will use as long as you put a few points into Mystical Assault.

There is no difference between mayhem modes regardless of difficulty. If you don’t want to clear the story again you don’t have to..

There is no difference between mayhem modes regardless of difficulty. If you don’t want to clear the story again you don’t have to..

I'm not sure if this is correct, but a possible difference is TVHM has more badass/anointed enemies spawn than normal mode for a given mayhem level.

that said, until they get rid of dialogue and cutscenes I'm not doing that shit again. So I got to Sanc III in TVHM and I'll just play normal graveward and slaughter shaft (which are pretty much identical as near as I can tell).

Instead of playing through the story again, I downloaded someone else’s level 50 Amara and just deleted all the gear.

Duping my own save files for mules too.

akjak wrote: »
    Instead of playing through the story again, I downloaded someone else’s level 50 Amara and just deleted all the gear.

Duping my own save files for mules too.

This seems smart

For some reason I feel accomplished because I bought all the cosmetics at crazy earls store. Wonder if eridium will ever have another use , maybe in raid fights ?

For some reason I feel accomplished because I bought all the cosmetics at crazy earls store. Wonder if eridium will ever have another use , maybe in raid fights ?

The next event Maliwan takedown will have a raid boss so yeah probably.

Speaking of maliwan , I want to officially endorse thunderball fists as a super fun shock pistol. Plus the orbs heal you if you have the transformer equipped.

Speaking of maliwan , I want to officially endorse thunderball fists as a super fun shock pistol. Plus the orbs heal you if you have the transformer equipped.

It's a weird gun because it basically shoots a grenade. Moze can use it to good effect

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Fuel for the Fabricator to play the 10 gun lottery.

Haven't got an orange from it yet, but it has farted out some nice annointed purples for my Amara on the way from 40 to 50.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Fuel for the Fabricator to play the 10 gun lottery.

Haven't got an orange from it yet, but it has farted out some nice annointed purples for my Amara on the way from 40 to 50.

You can't it only spawns legendaries when Typhon has it

I don’t think that is correct

akjak wrote: »
    I don’t think that is correct

No people have tested it pretty extensively

edited October 2019
    Patch just went up for Xbone. Maurice is walking around but the event is not up yet
    Apparently offline loot is still good though they patched in most other nerfs

King Riptor on
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I got this game last week with my new amd processor, got my beastmaster through the story on normal. Working through the story again on TVHM.

How do I just go back and fight just the bosses? I see the event gives a better chance at loot, but I have no idea how to battle just them without going through the story again.

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    I got this game last week with my new amd processor, got my beastmaster through the story on normal. Working through the story again on TVHM.

How do I just go back and fight just the bosses? I see the event gives a better chance at loot, but I have no idea how to battle just them without going through the story again.

just fast travel to their locations. They'll spawn again.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Just go back to the boss arena and it will be there waiting for another round. Not sure if you have to complete the game mode (normal, tvhm) in order to have them spawn again though.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Talith wrote: »
    Just go back to the boss arena and it will be there waiting for another round. Not sure if you have to complete the game mode (normal, tvhm) in order to have them spawn again though.

You just exit to main menu and reload the game again.

What are the other bosses worth farming? I typically only hit up The Destroyer and Graveward.

Tyreen is maybe a little riskier than graveward, but less HP. She does have a bunch of invincibility animations/attacks though, that seem unskippable.

Tyreen drops the Queens call.

Tyreen drops the Queens call.

She’s dropped me a King’s Call too.

I’m currently playing a FL4K crit build, so her immunity phases aren’t really a bother. With the right mayhem modifiers, I can kill her without her ever leaving the platform.

I don't understand why the queens/kings call is good?

I tried it? I guess you have to be perfect on crits, but I didn't find it did that much damage?