As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It's a little known historical fact that FDR was actually a flat-earther.

Everyone always gets his most famous quote wrong
    it's actually, " the only thing we have to fear is... sphere itself!"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    A guy is taking his girlfriend to prom. He waits in a long line for tickets, but eventually gets them.
    He waits in a long line to rent a limo, but luckily enough, he manages to rent one.
    He heads to the florist's shop before prom, and despite the long line there, too, he gets flowers.
    All of his perseverance pays off when he gets to prom night well-prepared, and he and his girlfriend have a magical evening.
    They dance for a long time, and eventually she gets thirsty, so she asks him to get her some punch.
    He goes to the refreshment table and there's no punchline.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    A guy is taking his girlfriend to prom. He waits in a long line for tickets, but eventually gets them.
    He waits in a long line to rent a limo, but luckily enough, he manages to rent one.
    He heads to the florist's shop before prom, and despite the long line there, too, he gets flowers.
    All of his perseverance pays off when he gets to prom night well-prepared, and he and his girlfriend have a magical evening.
    They dance for a long time, and eventually she gets thirsty, so she asks him to get her some punch.

He didn't even go to get a tux?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

He didn't even go to get a tux?

The trick is to wear a tux every day of high school.

• Options
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I don't have a better place to put this observation but here it is.

I went on vacation for a bit over a week and didn't check the forums. When I come back I see:
    PC Gaming thread - 865 new posts
    Bad Joke Thread - 6 new posts.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Theres a lot of games coming out :|

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Penn and Teller Fool Us. Such a great show. I love how incredibly positive and affirming the duo is to all the magicians that appear on their stage instead of tearing them down like other reality shows. Some of those tricks are amazing.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

I went on vacation for a bit over a week and didn't check the forums. When I come back I see:

Sounds like someone needs a Bad Joke of the Day calendar.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fortunately for all of you, I'm at work. So I went to the 817s, pulled down a book called "Dad Jokes," and opened it to a random page. Here is the bad joke the fates have for us today:

An old man with a walker hobbled slowly into an ice cream shop and carefully climbed up on a stool at the counter, where he ordered a hot fudge sundae.

The server asked, "Crushed nuts?"

"No, thank god," replied the old man. "Just bad knees."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Perrsun wrote: »

Sounds like someone needs a Bad Joke of the Day calendar.

Secret Satan is right around the corner.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Why does the Norway Navy have bar codes on the sides of their ships?

So when they come back to port they can...Scandinavian.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    What is a werewolf’s favorite sauce?

Bechamel, because it starts with a rooooouuuuuuxxxx...

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    God damn that one is good

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    MichaelLC on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Sometimes, the internet proves why it’s worth it.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    What do you call a loud dog in the navy?

A subwoofer
    Alternatively, what is the opposite of a top dog?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Today's random joke from a random joke book I found on a return cart:

I just watched a documentary about how they put WWI ships together.

It was riveting.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    What do you call a loud dog in the navy?

A subwoofer
    Alternatively, what is the opposite of a top dog?

God pot.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I don't know if I should be telling you this, but I didn't even read that NDA I signed.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My college was talking about how she needs to extrapolate some data for a project

I said that I haven't minded extrapolating data in the past, so I assumed that I'd be fine with it going forwards

Author's note: based on a real interaction just now. It did not get a reaction

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My grandfather would have loved that joke.

He had a tendency to slip a joke into a conversation and just keep going and then 30 seconds later you’d be like...hang on, did he just tell a joke?

Sly old bastard never broke.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I tend to follow up my bullshit with a big goofy grin, because I'm very bad at hiding how unreasonably pleased I am with myself

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah I’ll pause and look expectantly at the other person like

Do you get it

Do you get it

For gods sake do you get it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    The best is when you drop a subtle one into a group conversation and make eye contact with the one person who caught it just as they realize the terrible thing you've done.

Oh, yes. We're down here together now, you and I.

Triple bonus points if it's during a meeting.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    The best is when you drop a subtle one into a group conversation and make eye contact with the one person who caught it just as they realize the terrible thing you've done.

Oh, yes. We're down here together now, you and I.

Triple bonus points if it's during a meeting.

One of our clients has another consultant who just sits in all meetings and doesn’t really do or say anything. All my colleagues find him pointless but I know his real value: he gets all my subtle jokes and I enjoy watching him try really hard to keep it together.

• Options
    My personal best was, as a temp, getting to sit in with a bunch of old school techbro managers in a department meeting where one of the directors (who re-specc'd from medical) was telling us about some departmental survey they were doing soon to help evaluate the org for agile compatibility.

I innocently offered, "will they be bringing in outside consultants?"
    this is a reference to Office Space, which all the techbro managers had probably seen more times than they could count, but the director clearly hadn't

Getting to watch a room full of professionals all immediately and simultaneously get a pop culture reference that they're basically conditioned to find hilarious, right in front of their boss who totally missed said reference, and have to therefore not react.

Man it was so good.

• Options
    Me trying to make new friends:

IuGuiE5.jpg

• Options
    Where do I post this information? I’m flipping out here:

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    idgi

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    idgi

It's not a joke in and of itself. MY NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE IS UNSTOPPABLE was a frenetic, practically stream-of-consciousness webcomic rendered almost entirely in clipart in which various karate men attempted to one-up each other with endless asinine "techniques", including transforming into Karate Snoopy, which everyone agreed was unfair because you automatically won if you did so.

The experience of the comic defies accurate description in mere words; I can easily see it adapting well to television. It's just so obscure I never would have thought it would happen.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I made a grocery list so I wouldn't forget what groceries to buy.

Now I just need a list list, because I forgot where I put my grocery list :(

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Be careful, once you start down the path of recursive lists, there is no way out.
    You'll be looking for your list list list, and start thinking about putting together a list list list list before you know it.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Be careful, once you start down the path of recursive lists, there is no way out.
    You'll be looking for your list list list, and start thinking about putting together a list list list list before you know it.

Homestuckjoke.gif

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Do undead cowboys have bone spurs?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A woman starts chatting to a man on the subway "Hello, my name is Margaret."

The man replies "Mine's not."

• Options
    Took me a few passes at different pronunciations and accents, but I got there eventually.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I still don't understand

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    A woman starts chatting to a man on the subway "Hello, my name is Margaret."

The man replies "Mine's not."

what

• Options
    I still don't understand
    His name isnt Margaret.

This discussion has been closed.