As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] h o n k

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is a wonderful bizarre hot welter of shit that should never ever be handled directly

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is a very charming, weirdass game, that is real difficult to play. I love it, but if you wanna give it a shot prepare yourself for some severe jank.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    you pitch anything as Twin Peaks s3 inspired and im immediately interested

also is deadly premonitions a thing i should play some day

it is for the fun goofs

but there's a lot of combat gameplay that is... outright bad, and you should read a guide to minimize that as much as possible

i'd recommend the GB endurance runs as well if you're not big on the actual controls

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is the most wonderfully jank, blatantly Twin Peaks inspired game around. Like twice as inspired as Alan Wake and a number much larger than two times as jank.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    you pitch anything as Twin Peaks s3 inspired and im immediately interested

also is deadly premonitions a thing i should play some day

It is extremely janky to play but the characters are all so fucking endearing.

Rather than just plow through the story mission after mission, I highly recommend engaging in all the weird stuff the game has to offer, like being able to track any of the towns people throughout their entire day. Run all the errands they ask you to do, because some of those sidequests give you items like the ability to fast travel or a flamethrower with infinite ammo, which kind of makes the combat trivial.

• Options
    Jank may be understating it Deadly Premonition combat isnt flawed its cold forged feces and theres lots of it

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Hm. I have a hard time with kinda janky controls so maybe not this day

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hm. I have a hard time with kinda janky controls so maybe not this day

I have only ever experienced the game through endurance runs / let's plays

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the hard part about endurance runs and let's plays is that they're often like "well this gun has infinite ammo so i should use it" and it's like that gun has infinite ammo because it's the weakest one that you're only supposed to use when you're out of ammo please stop, you're making the combat take 4x as long

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Jank may be understating it Deadly Premonition combat isnt flawed its cold forged feces and theres lots of it

there's so much of it

like holy shit I tried, but even getting to the bits that let you shortcut past combat... requires too much combat

• Options
    the hard part about endurance runs and let's plays is that they're often like "well this gun has infinite ammo so i should use it" and it's like that gun has infinite ammo because it's the weakest one that you're only supposed to use when you're out of ammo please stop, you're making the combat take 4x as long

yeah with the endurance runs I just skipped to the next non-combat bit

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i loved the game, even the combat

• Options
    I didn't mind the combat but it wasn't exactly thrilling

Also there are like... maybe two enemy types in the game?

But it is very funny to hear York constantly going "great shot! awesome! fantastic! good job!" when you're blasting a monster in the head with the SMG.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i loved the game, even the combat

my scorching hottest take on the planet is I like playing Deadly Premonition more than RE4

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Fuck man

• Options
    Deadly Premonition opens with the protagonist simultaneously driving in the rain, smoking, operating a laptop, and having a deep discussion over a cellphone breaking down the core themes of Tom and Jerry

Deadly Premonition is good

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is actually so ugly I could barely stand to watch the Endurance Run footage

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is the duality of man

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition opens with the protagonist simultaneously driving in the rain, smoking, operating a laptop, and having a deep discussion over a cellphone breaking down the core themes of Tom and Jerry

Heh..."core themes."

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Deadly Premonition is actually so ugly I could barely stand to watch the Endurance Run footage

xVbCpRP.jpg

• Options
    The scene in the beginning of Deadly Premonition where York is talking to the old lady and the sound mix of the music is SUPER LOUD was fucking hilarious and @Janson and I were thoroughly amused AND confused

• Options

Don't forget he promptly crashes his car after swerving past squirrels who skitter away while stock sound effects for MONKEYS play.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    DP has an item called, like, Can of Pickles or something and it lead me to question why pickles come in jars and not cans.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    DP has an item called, like, Can of Pickles or something and it lead me to question why pickles come in jars and not cans.

It's not just *a* can of pickles

it's a can of "The Pickles"

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

So not necessarily pickles just something (or someone) called The Pickles.

Ominous.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Correction, Pinfeldorf misread the label and it's actuallya can of Don Rickles.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Swery doesn't like pickles, so the fact that there's an easily-found infinite supply of pickles is actually a purposeful joke by him, because his thought was "if the players want to game the systems I have made, then they must eat pickles."

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    It's weird that all of these Deadly Premonition opinions are simultaneously right, even the opinions that contradict each other.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Everybody posts the sinner sandwich, cause its good, nobody ever posts a compilation of lumpy zombies gettin shot up

• Options
    The riveting gameplay segment where the very meek Thomas asks you to help him find a certain key. It should be easy since it's on a keyring with a squirrel on it!

WRONG! There are like SIX DIFFERENT ONES, and you will only know if the one you have is correct or not by bringing it back to Thomas, handing it over, and having him explain in the most disappointed tone, that this is a SIBERIAN Flying Squirrel, not a Southern Flying Squirrel like he asked for, you can tell them apart because the Siberian one is larger and closer to a land-based squirrel and jesus CHRIST THOMAS

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

cause you can close jars and not cans

Pringles.

Checkmate, atheists.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    pringles cans are not leak-proof

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i emphatically have never finished a pringles can before it goes bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

you gotta pop it and lock it

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The diameter of Pringle cans is way too small.

Two radiuses of a Pringle can is way too small.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

i did my first just last month! i tried some horrible new flavor, like sweet onion or some shit, ate 5 or so and thought I'll leave these until I'm drunk.

forgot them in the cupboard and the crickets got 'em

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Either you're not drinking enough or your crickets are drinking way too much.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Either you're not drinking enough or your crickets are drinking way too much.

whycantwehaveboth.littlegirl

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Thanks to these very forums, there is only one think I can think of now whenever pickles are mentioned and I will forever blame you and make you share my ennui.

https://youtu.be/WgKAVgevfxU

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508