As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

KRANCH [bad food]

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    MREs are suddenly all the rage on Youtube right now.

Because it's both curious and eeew watch him eat it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kon91c8u9i4

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Ooh what kind of chillies did you use?

Just some long red ones

After slicing and deseeding them my hands still burned for two days afterwards so i think they are a bit spicy

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

Just some long red ones

After slicing and deseeding them my hands still burned for two days afterwards so i think they are a bit spicy
    Yeah that happened to me last time I made fermented hot sauce, though the fermentation process must bring the spice down a lot cos the end product was a bit less spicy than I was hoping. It was still incredibly delicious though!

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Wendy's are starting to expand more in the UK with one possibly coming near me in the next year or so.

Are they one of the better US chains?

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Wendy's are starting to expand more in the UK with one possibly coming near me in the next year or so.

Sort of. The burgers are very good but greasy; the fries are really thick so if you like thick fries... well there they are

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Id say they're top 3 of fast food easy.

Good burgers and chicken. They always make their burgers fresh which is nice

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Their burgers and fries are nothing special but I think they have the best spicy fried chicken sandwich of any US chain.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    How do they rank on homophobia/ xenophobia/ generic bigotry

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I haven't seen anything about them being particularly shitty about any of that.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    How do they rank on homophobia/ xenophobia/ generic bigotry

depends how you feel about dipping french fries into ice cream shakes

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything about them being particularly shitty about any of that.

Which probably means "fair to middling" considering corporate attitudes.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Also they have the fun snarky social media presence and made an entire RPG for marketing earlier this month.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    calling Wendy's twitter 'snarky' is an insult to the entire field of comedy

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I dunno how much I'd trust any movement from someone who names their kid genital fissure.

This shit likely applies to 90% of restaurants, and probably 100% of fast food restaurants either way.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Just some long red ones

Yeah gloves are mandatory for that sort of thing, as my brother found out when mixing pico de gallo by hand.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    i made mustard and it's pretty good

also

Hey my wife has a big jar of fermenting chilies on the go, too.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Post a recipe for the fermented peppers!

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'd rank wendy's in canada as the best of the fast food burgers, and their fries are typically on par with mcdonalds.
    Their baconator is my favourite fast food burger, and they also have some really damn good fried chicken.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    wendy's twitter is basically why i have not eaten at wendy's in a while

i refuse to support it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I tell you what, I have a hard time saying no to that $5 Biggie Bag though

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

i refuse to support it

gonna tweet this to Wendy's

Moriveth wrote: »

i refuse to support it

gonna tweet this to Wendy's

don't you do it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you're right, that's a lot of work

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'd rank wendy's in canada as the best of the fast food burgers, and their fries are typically on par with mcdonalds.
    Their baconator is my favourite fast food burger, and they also have some really damn good fried chicken.

I agree with the first half of this post but I do not care for the baconator. It is too heavy and greasy and rich and one note.

The Dave's Double is totally perfect, though. The heavy, juicy burg and cheese is freshened up by the lettuce and tomato and onion, and the bun is solid too. Nice and squishy but holds up.

Wendy's is good

but it's no 5 guys
    8-)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    5 guys is good

but it's no in&out
    8-)

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    In&Out is good

But it's no stale dry toast salted with my own bitter tears of loneliness and quiet despair.
    :(

chromdom wrote: »
    5 guys is good

but it's no in&out
    8-)

yeah because it's good

6vjsgrerts6r.png

chromdom wrote: »
    5 guys is good

but it's no in&out
    8-)

yeah because it's good

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    In&Out is good

But it's no stale dry toast salted with my own bitter tears of loneliness and quiet despair.
    :(

Stale dry toast salted with my bitter tears of loneliness and quiet despair is good

But its no Bob Evans
    Down on the farm

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am a new convert to the passed-down technique of eating Cheetos with chopsticks

now that's convenience!

6F32U1X.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Just use a fork

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    A fork may work with the puffy cheetos, but for the infinitely superior crunchy style, a fork is just going to shatter your delicious cheesy corn snack.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    the first time I read that, I thought you were eating Cheerios with chopsticks.
    (dry, presumably)

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Chopsticks are the way to go for any messy finger food snacks.

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I am a new convert to the passed-down technique of eating Cheetos with chopsticks

now that's convenience!

I started using chopsticks at work while eating snacks that would leave residue. I was a supervisor so I had people in and out of my office as part of my job so I didn’t have time to wash my hands.

50433.png?1708759015
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info everyone!

There's a five guys about 5 mins drive from me so I'll be trying that soon.

Taco Bell is becoming quite well established in England too.

They're the only new big Americans chains starting up here that I can think of. It's mainly McDonald's, Burger King and KFC around here.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info everyone!

There's a five guys about 5 mins drive from me so I'll be trying that soon.

Taco Bell is becoming quite well established in England too.

They're the only new big Americans chains starting up here that I can think of. It's mainly McDonald's, Burger King and KFC around here.

make sure to try the Cajun fries at Five Guys if they have them, they're great

This discussion has been closed.