As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited December 2019 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    sry i posted 2 mny times 4 u bby

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm one power weapon from 950 on my warlock. I got exceptionally lucky with drops this reset and only had two slots doubled up so far... But now we do the last slot 948 dance

I'm one power weapon from 950 on my warlock. I got exceptionally lucky with drops this reset and only had two slots doubled up so far... But now we do the last slot 948 dance

Heavy is the hardest slot to get because there's no Raid Heavy

vq2TEKC.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Maybe just me but I really enjoy re-reading that OP.

26904.png
    So I've had a lot going on personally over the last couple of weeks. Went on a 1000km road-trip vacation with stops in four different cities that was going to culminate with PAX Aus weekend in Melbourne. Sadly, my wife's mother passed on the Friday at the show so we cut our trip shirt and drove the entire 1000km home, put her on a plane back to the USA. She's still there dealing with the fallout. (Her father died last year in October as well, and they never finished sorting out THAT process so it's a double-whammy.) At the same time, my job went into overdrive and I'm working 10 hour days making it impossible for me to fly back and help out.

Somehow I managed to find the time to finish the Shadowkeep campaign and I'm sitting at a Power Level of about 915 right now. I've got a handful of follow on quests from SK and am slowly working through those whilst watching the power levels creep up.

I have a bunch of quest items that may or may not be usable now. I wish there was a way to sort these things by usability and/or final reward. For example, I have a Chalice of Opulance that I have no idea what to do with or how to advance that "quest". Or even what will come from it if I do. Similarly, I have one Black Armory Key, and a Weak Synthesizer. Doing google research on these items shows that they are for previous seasons but the directions on how to advance these "quests" refers to actions/items/events that were active during those past seasons that don't have an obvious way to access in today's game. And then there's the Stand Guard quest. It has a requirement to "Accumulate points in strike scoring." I've basically finished the other two requirements for this quest but that 'scoring' step is sitting at 0 progress.

Welcome to Destiny the MMO, I guess....

26904.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Stupid wrote: »
    So I've had a lot going on personally over the last couple of weeks. Went on a 1000km road-trip vacation with stops in four different cities that was going to culminate with PAX Aus weekend in Melbourne. Sadly, my wife's mother passed on the Friday at the show so we cut our trip shirt and drove the entire 1000km home, put her on a plane back to the USA. She's still there dealing with the fallout. (Her father died last year in October as well, and they never finished sorting out THAT process so it's a double-whammy.) At the same time, my job went into overdrive and I'm working 10 hour days making it impossible for me to fly back and help out.

Somehow I managed to find the time to finish the Shadowkeep campaign and I'm sitting at a Power Level of about 915 right now. I've got a handful of follow on quests from SK and am slowly working through those whilst watching the power levels creep up.

I have a bunch of quest items that may or may not be usable now. I wish there was a way to sort these things by usability and/or final reward. For example, I have a Chalice of Opulance that I have no idea what to do with or how to advance that "quest". Or even what will come from it if I do. Similarly, I have one Black Armory Key, and a Weak Synthesizer. Doing google research on these items shows that they are for previous seasons but the directions on how to advance these "quests" refers to actions/items/events that were active during those past seasons that don't have an obvious way to access in today's game. And then there's the Stand Guard quest. It has a requirement to "Accumulate points in strike scoring." I've basically finished the other two requirements for this quest but that 'scoring' step is sitting at 0 progress.

All of that stuff is still around. All of the activities (Menagerie for the Chalice, Gambit Prime/Reckoning for the Synthesizer) are playable, dunno where you read that they're not around anymore. Stuff in Destiny doesn't really go away.
    Scoring is only active in Nightfall and Nightfall: The Ordeal strikes.

Crippl3 on
    edited October 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »

All of that stuff is still around. All of the activities (Menagerie for the Chalice, Gambit Prime/Reckoning for the Synthesizer) are playable, dunno where you read that they're not around anymore. Stuff in Destiny doesn't really go away.
    I know they're around, I didn't mean to imply they aren't. But I don't know how to access them and there isn't clear direction. How does one get to the Menagerie? I've played a few dozen games of Gambit (or Prime) but I don't know how to access The Reckoning. So while those activities may -exist- in the game, it's not obvious how to do them. All of the guides I've seen have varying versions of "go do the thing" as if it were self-evident on how to access them. (I'm assuming it was at one point.)
    I have never done a Nightfall in D2, ever. It is especially confusing since I have nearly completed the "defeat bosses" and "grenade kills" part of that same quest.

Stupid on

26904.png
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I know they're around, I didn't mean to imply they aren't. But I don't know how to access them and there isn't clear direction. How does one get to the Menagerie? I've played a few dozen games of Gambit (or Prime) but I don't know how to access The Reckoning. So while those activities may -exist- in the game, it's not obvious how to do them. All of the guides I've seen have varying versions of "go do the thing" as if it were self-evident on how to access them. (I'm assuming it was at one point.)
    I have never done a Nightfall in D2, ever. It is especially confusing since I have nearly completed the "defeat bosses" and "grenade kills" part of that same quest.

Reckoning is in the Gambit node in the Director
    Menagerie is in the Nessus node (as it takes place aboard the Leviathan, in low Nessus orbit)

Honestly, the best way to find out this info is to ask. Since these activities aren't part of the current Season, you've missed out on their context so the game won't really explain them.

vq2TEKC.png
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    As a new light player I got around to playing menagerie. I'm really just in it for that solar MG.

It was a lot of fun!

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I think scoring is in the Nightmare hunts too.

Speaking of, does anyone know what the loot pools are for the weekly nightmare hunts? They've kind of been a pain to run so far. Phogoth went down easy, but on Crota we wiped a few times and then the swordbearers just stopped spawning so we all had to leave.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Speaking of, does anyone know what the loot pools are for the weekly nightmare hunts? They've kind of been a pain to run so far. Phogoth went down easy, but on Crota we wiped a few times and then the swordbearers just stopped spawning so we all had to leave.

just like old times.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    What’s that you say? Swordbears are buggy?

8sxserlgf6e5.gif

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wraith260 wrote: »

just like old times.

As a heads up, word on the street is that the Crota Nightmare Hunt is bugged because the sword damage doesn't scale with difficulty. So, doing it on "Master" is probably an exercise in futility. I haven't seen a lot of "rewards" for doing them yet outside of the weekly milestones.

Did the flawless master nightmare hunt last night, though. The shader is #good. Didn't get any exotics or weapon drops or anything like that. OH! I got a supreme nightmare mod? But I already had one of those.

Vladimer on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    As a new light player I got around to playing menagerie. I'm really just in it for that solar MG.

It was a lot of fun!

Menagerie is an excellent introduction to a lot of Destiny's raid mechanics, getting familiar with those encounters will help a lot of the other stuff in the game make more sense.

Also played one game of comp last night, it went well, and I left feeling like I can probably play more comp this season and be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnX8v_-1NzY

• hemmelighthemmelight Registered User regular
    As someone who's just got their only dude to 901, how fucked would I be in IB?
    The last time I played IB was like year 2 of D1, so I'm not sure if there have been any changes to the 'effectiveness' of a lower level player.

I just really want that new armour, on account of it's dopeness. I'm guessing the same set will be available once IB starts up again?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

obF2Wuw.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    hemmelight wrote: »
    The last time I played IB was like year 2 of D1, so I'm not sure if there have been any changes to the 'effectiveness' of a lower level player.

I just really want that new armour, on account of it's dopeness. I'm guessing the same set will be available once IB starts up again?

you'll notice a difference between you and stronger players, but i don't think you'd be totally fucked. learn to play a bit more conservatively and you should be fine. will be another couple weeks before IB is back though so you've got some time to get your power level up a but more.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I found at 920 I could generally win 1:1's with people in the 940's if I got the drop on them. At 901 you'd proably mostly be relegated to following your team around and getting assists.

Like Wraith260 said, though, it's a while until IB returns. And yes, when it returns it'll be the same armor. IB gear is seasonal so it'll be the same stuff until Season 9 rolls around in a couple months.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

You're gonna have a bit of a rough time, but if you stay grouped up and get your shots in and clear your bounties, it's a super fast way of getting your gear to level up. IB gives real good rewards, especially for clearing those bounties

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    19-1. So close to scoring two Gold medals. The enemy team was fed up with my shit posting up in the tower in Vostok :P

Cool, thanks. I figured I'd have to shadow my team to begin with, so I guess it hasn't changed much.

Somewhat relieved that there's time until it comes round again. Gives me an excuse to buy SK and gear up that way. :)

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Looks like the izanagi quest bug should be fixed on tuesday

Cool, thanks. I figured I'd have to shadow my team to begin with, so I guess it hasn't changed much.

Somewhat relieved that there's time until it comes round again. Gives me an excuse to buy SK and gear up that way. :)

You can gear up pretty quickly just playing Crucible as well.

@Shamus Good point!

I'm a bit intimidated by the Crucible tbh, as I'm not super confident with my M&K skills yet.
    I've heard that the solo (freelance?) queue is a decent place to start, though?

@Shamus Good point!

I'm a bit intimidated by the Crucible tbh, as I'm not super confident with my M&K skills yet.

Freelance is fun, but if you’re intimidated I’d recommend Control. Less of a worry on how many times you’ve died, you can focus on capturing points, and I find it a great way to learn the maps.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just did GoS with my titan, finally switched off my main (Warlock 4 lyfe!) Now that my team can knock out the raid this quick in the week I have time tonight for CoD and Outer Worlds

Shamus Good point!

if ur a titan just run around and melee people dont need no aim babyyyy

obF2Wuw.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You can get pretty high in freelance comp by running middle tree void warlock with blink and contraverse holds and just supernova'ing people.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    You can get pretty high in freelance comp by running middle tree void warlock with blink and contraverse holds and just supernova'ing people.

Throw the Artifact mods on too just for insurance and man its nice.

But if you like style, play Hunter.

Bonus points for bottom tree void and pulling off multikills with Moebius Quiver

actually i feel like the optimal "i dont want to do this aiming shit" setup is titan shouldercharge shotgun primary and jotunn secondary, then some kinda grenade launcher as power

u have both point blank cheese kill options with melee / slide shotgun and u have midrange i dont wanna aim with jotunn

then u just super to run into families, no RESPECT

obF2Wuw.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    why would you run shoulder charge when you have a shotgun and bottom tree is still irredeemably broken

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    7am PST Saturday 24th Garden of Salvation Run!

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1350580

Have Fun, shoot robots!

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    why would you run shoulder charge when you have a shotgun and bottom tree is still irredeemably broken

does bottom tree have one shot melee i dont know titan shit, whichever one is good and gives u the bullshit overshield

obF2Wuw.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

does bottom tree have one shot melee i dont know titan shit, whichever one is good and gives u the bullshit overshield

Only in super but that super lasts a ridiculous time for pvp.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    also some players (me) have a special unlisted vulnerability to standing in pulse grenades and dying 100 to 0 gotta id those players and take advantage

obF2Wuw.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I really need to start getting in to some of the end game group content. I feel my will to continue the seasonal treadmill fading now that I'm in the 940's. I really want to get to rank 100 though for the emotes and ornaments.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Vagabond wrote: »
    sry i posted 2 mny times 4 u bby
    This shit will never fail to make me laugh so damn hard
    Maybe just me but I really enjoy re-reading that OP.
    Thank you. I worked hard on it and that made me smile

Edit: But oof, it's out of date! We've had some big expansions since D2's launch. Maybe I'll update it for the next thread.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G