As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2020 Badges Go On Sale 3pm EST TODAY

SatoruSatoru Registered User regular

Official confirmation from their twitter account

GET YOUR BROWSERS READY!

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    well this is an interesting turn of events to officially announce ahead of time..

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Also seems much earlier than normal. If memory serves me right, they usually go on sale closer to Thanksgiving.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Also seems much earlier than normal. If memory serves me right, they usually go on sale closer to Thanksgiving.

It's earlier because PAX itself is earlier. Also, this isn't the earliest it's happened anyway.

• OakpunkOakpunk Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yeah, a few years ago it was the same date but around 12 in the afternoon so this isn't TOO out of the ordinary. Glad I'm at work only because I'm in front of a computer all day.

djrhulua2hxq.png
  • 3ricG3ricG New Jersey/PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Glad I decided to take a half day today - I'll be anxiously waiting. I'm not super concerned about badges (although, now that I said that... I am...), but I am worried about getting hotel rooms. That's always really stressful.

rd4rhJL.png
    Also, why do tickets always seem to go on sale the day before my payday?

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Good luck everyone. With the announcement of the actual time expect tickets to go faster earlier as well as site to possibly be overwhelmed...

As a die hard ticket buyer.. never missed a day.. so not a fan of this announcement thing.

No matter what systems or 3rd party companies they have in place to "prevent scalping" this will be a tough one with all the extra people flooding in to get tickets the second they go on sale and not minutes after..

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah I kind of expect a system crash as soon as these drop.

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    The badge system will probably be fine with how Showclix's queue thing works.

The real nightmare is going to be hotels.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    sooooon!

I got into the queue in less than 30 seconds, and ~1,000 people were already ahead of me... damn

I got into the queue in less than 30 seconds, and ~1,000 people were already ahead of me... damn

Better than me, im like 1500th......

• helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    I got in the queue and within seconds I was able to get my badges. So that's done --- but the hotel. I got in the hotel queue about the same time as the ticket queue and somehow there are 2k people ahead of me

48vla9t2j9ff.png
    Fortunately, I only need Thurs/Fri, so it shouldn't be an issue. Saturdays are horrendous.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    here's the direct link if you don't want to go through the twitter shortener
    https://www.showclix.com/event/cgatbajc78293647556ty6352hs2349672904234

• PainePaine Registered User regular
    I waited in the queue for tickets and got directed to hotels instead. Great.

6nOrszL.png
    Oh god damnit... I guess my fat thumb hit the wrong queue. I ended up getting pushed to the housing site. Now I have to jump into the ticket queue... 15 minutes after it opened up

Paine wrote: »
    I waited in the queue for tickets and got directed to hotels instead. Great.
    Okay, so maybe it wasn't my stoopid thumbs... ugh!

• millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular
    Somehow, got right in on both, although I think I clicked within 10 seconds of it going live. Badges and 4 days at the Aloft (for now at least) all set for me.

Westin didn't even look to be an option or was already sold out/blocked out, although maybe I missed something in my rush.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    Aloft, Element and Westin ALL NOT AVAILABLE What the hell happened

OH MY GOD THEY PUT ME IN THE HOTEL LINE

Im screwed....

millerm277 wrote: »
    Westin didn't even look to be an option or was already sold out/blocked out, although maybe I missed something in my rush.
    I believe last year they reserved the Westin for exhibitors. They may have done the same this year. Someone else would have to confirm, though

You're in the wrong line! They sent out the wrong link the first time!!!

Satoru wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THEY PUT ME IN THE HOTEL LINE

Im screwed....
    You, Paine, and me all had the same thing happen. Truly sucks.

From what I'm seeing on the Twitter feed, someone screwed up and got the links in the wrong order. Some people jumped in the hotel queue only to find out it was the ticket queue.

I believe last year they reserved the Westin for exhibitors. They may have done the same this year. Someone else would have to confirm, though

Yea Last year they started out with it for Exibitors, but I was surprised not to see Aloft or Element. I was in that line pretty fast and they were both not there. Just sad... gonna be coooooold

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    I was 3 seconds late clicking the hotel link... 15 minute que and Westin/Element/Aloft all not available ugh

5fhxvn385q28.png

And those of us that got screwed will just receive a "sorry" notice. I get that mistakes get made, but... man, that's a big one.

• millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular

You are probably correct.

I've rarely been able to snag it in the initial hotel wave, the years I've gotten it it's been by switching to it later on, probably when they stopped blocking the rooms for exhibitors/people cancelled reservations.

Guess we'll see what scraps are left over for us people they tricked........

And those of us that got screwed will just receive a "sorry" notice. I get that mistakes get made, but... man, that's a big one.

A big screw up. And to boot the hotel line messed up and kicked me from 300 people to 6000 ...

Still though got in right line a secured a 4 day pass

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Badge purchase at 3PM was super easy, albeit after like a 5 minute queue. Hotel, despite being in very early (I had less than 40 ahead of me in queue), still wasn't able to choose Westin/Seaport/Aloft/Element. I've got an okay reservation locked in, but looks like yet another year of trying to upgrade my room for a few months...

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
    That was a big mess up. Still, I think it was better than last year when we all got a "hot tip" and then had our rooms canceled. Now the anticipation of the actual event begins!

That was a big mess up. Still, I think it was better than last year when we all got a "hot tip" and then had our rooms canceled. Now the anticipation of the actual event begins!
    Last year, I was put in the right line, lol.

• BeastybunnyBeastybunny San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Wasn't thrilled that I got caught up in that link mess but I did get what I wanted! So I am set! And I book a vacation rental for my stay so don't need to bother with the hotels.

Sepioth wrote: »

A big screw up. And to boot the hotel line messed up and kicked me from 300 people to 6000 ...

Oh wow... that's brutal. I guess I should stop complaining.

Last year, I was put in the right line, lol.

Haha fair. But what is a PAX without the anxiety and horror of getting tickets/hotels! Hope you were able to grab what you needed!

• helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    Xenigma wrote: »
    Badge purchase at 3PM was super easy, albeit after like a 5 minute queue. Hotel, despite being in very early (I had less than 40 ahead of me in queue), still wasn't able to choose Westin/Seaport/Aloft/Element. I've got an okay reservation locked in, but looks like yet another year of trying to upgrade my room for a few months...

damn really? I had about a 15 min wait and just thought it was me being slow and thus cannot see Westin/Aloft/Element.

I got Hyatt Regency because I hesitated and lost out on some closer hotels. I'm not really a fan of this "only pick the show dates and email for additional dates" -- because it's too many side bar instructions and too much uncertainty with that emailing crap. So I did that, booking only the show days I'm going (even though I'm arriving wednesday). I then realized I may not get the hotel I want anyway so I went ahead and modify my dates, and now the dates are all "waitlisted". I don't like this type of uncertainty whatsoever.

48vla9t2j9ff.png
    Sepioth wrote: »

Oh wow... that's brutal. I guess I should stop complaining.

Well I dont need a hotel.. live 30 min from convention center.. I didnt realize I was in the hotel line till I saw a new tweet...

All is good though.. i still got my tickets. Have yet to miss out on a PAX East so far... lol

4gzp0ml63v5i.png