As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Shout out to @Wraith260 about the tip on weapon medals in the last thread.

I switched to Graviton Lance since I can reliably hit Lethal Cadence (7 pulse rifle final blows) and it’s working like a charm.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So get this... there is a whole section of Seasonal Triumphs they added for Undying. They mostly have to do with Vex Offensive stuff (and oddly some Moon stuff). Then there are a pair of triumphs related directly to the seasonal grind. The first one, "Season 8: Progress" tracks your Season Rank and has milestone completions at 10, 25, and 50, finally finishing at Season Rank 100. It's a fitting capstone. However, the second one, "Season 8: Power Bonus" tracks your Artifact Power. It has milestone completions at 5 and 10, finishing at Artifact Power 20. Because the amount of XP required to increase your AP increases each time, it takes progressively longer the farther you go. The amount of XP required to hit AP 20 would put you at SR 206. Since this season is 10 weeks, you'd have to average slightly over 20 ranks per week, EVERY WEEK, in order to hit this value. What's even worse than this, though, is that this triumph originally had its milestones at AP 10, 25, and 50 (based on the data from the API, which apparently hasn't been updated to match the in-game values). I assume Bungie saw that requiring someone to earn the equivalent of Season Rank 1271 was a bit excessive and pulled it back. Thankfully neither of these triumphs is required to unlock the Undying Seal/Title.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »

I switched to Graviton Lance since I can reliably hit Lethal Cadence (7 pulse rifle final blows) and it’s working like a charm.

nice, glad i could help. if anyone is wondering what Shamus is talking about its in reference to the 'kills/medals' requirement for Randy's Throwing Knife. here's the post for anyone that missed it in the last thread:
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    ok, got my scout rifle kills done. bit of luck in the last few matches has seen me jump to 1102/2100 glory needed and a bit of digging has shown me why my 'kills/medals' progress has been so slow for the most part. as it currently stands, i think i'm on pace to get Randy's Throwing Knife before the season closes out. hopefully.

for anyone else finding the 'kills/medals' requirement a massive slog, the posts i found on Bungie.net and Reddit suggest that it only counts weapon kill medals*. certainly that tracks with what i was seeing with my own progress only counting my kills and not the various medals i knew i was getting per match. so i decided i'd chase 'Cold Fusion' medals, getting 2 kills with a Fusion Rifle in a single life. 2 of these in a match say my progress jump 400 points on top of the 20-odd kills i got. for anyone who isn't a fan of fusions rifles** just check the weapons tab in the medals section of the Crucible triumph section and it'll show you the requirements for other weapons. chasing those should see progress pick up a bit, with a bit of luck at least.

*this doesn't quite track with my score jumping the first half of last week. i thought maybe IB medals were contributing but my gains slowed again the back half of the week so i can't say for certain.
    **i'm not personally a fan of them, especially in Crucible, but it seemed like the easiest one to chase to me.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've switched from Warlock to Titan as well...definitely just pulling items out of collections to lvl to 900 seems like cheating but whatever.

I'm now 949 on Titan and 942 on warlock (That's without the +10 from artifact)

The Titan is so much more fun in PVP, if only for the 1-shot melee. I still use that exotic helm that gives full melee recharge on melee ability kill...sometimes I'll chain 3 together no problem. The helm also includes an awesome added bonus of healing you each time you kill a person.

The only downside is I look like the titan that joined Daft Punk.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    One more thing...is that Jotuneer bike gonna be made purchasable with Dust? I saw the post on reddit which said a lot of stuff will be silver only but that bike didn't show on the list.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The list is often wrong, for example it had the Lunar shell on the "silver only" list but that's available for dust this week.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

I don't know what it is but the Graviton Lance feels so satisfying to shoot.

The orb kills is taking me forever though on the catalyst.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I recently found a wonderful spot for getting cosmology kills for the graviton lance catalyst. There's a lost sector on Tangled Shore called Kingship Dock. You can get in and out really fast, but there's several large packs of scorn that spawn in that you can blow up.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Huh. Hopped in the Tower and the Postmaster had two Exotics waiting for me.

Graviton Forfeit and Orpheus Rig. I wanted both of them. Christmas came early.

I don't know what it is but the Graviton Lance feels so satisfying to shoot.

The orb kills is taking me forever though on the catalyst.

It’s that crazy high stability. Just so satisfying.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    sry i posted 2 mny times 4 u bby
    This shit will never fail to make me laugh so damn hard
    Stupid wrote: »
    Maybe just me but I really enjoy re-reading that OP.
    Thank you. I worked hard on it and that made me smile

Edit: But oof, it's out of date! We've had some big expansions since D2's launch. Maybe I'll update it for the next thread.

Thanks for keeping us in threads, @GMaster7 !

You'll always be cutest molheits to me.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Apart from triumphs, what benefit is there to resetting your Valor or Infamy?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Loot. You get (2?) powerful drops from doing it. At least the first time. That may reset weekly or something, I dunno.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Edit: But oof, it's out of date! We've had some big expansions since D2's launch. Maybe I'll update it for the next thread.

God dammit, now I'm searching through past threads and laughing about super mitboost gates all over again

vq2TEKC.png

Infamy resets are tied to various rewards, such as a curated Trust and Bad Omens, as well as the Gambit ghost shell. Reseting Infamy thrice in one season awards an Emblem.

vq2TEKC.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Also I just need EDZ to complete my collection:

0v5mKd7.jpg

I'm confused by this, why do you have so many of these?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I found an exotic that grants two charges to knife toss for the Gunslinger and promptly tried middle tree. After modding some equipment to grant grenade energy on melee kills and increased super energy on melee kills I am having some fun just hurling a ludicrous number of knives into waves of enemies. No idea if it’s good in the long run, but eh!

Also got the 300 headshots to fully unlock the Crimson catalyst. I’ll have to try that out in crucible sometime. Found it was easy to farm against Scorn and Taken, so ran around the Dreaming City for awhile to grind that out.

Been dragging randos through the Heroic Nightfall the Ordeal kicking and screaming, using the Nightstalker top tree to revive them after their inevitable ogre related deaths. Unfortunately been having poor luck even with Platinum champion kills. 940 item level, so maybe I can do the next level with a team of friends or something.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

0v5mKd7.jpg

One per destination for the Combo Detector perk that highlights both caches and resources on a given planet. Having one for each means it's always on, provided you swap to the right ghost shell.

edited October 2019
    Thicc boi turtle ship is best ship

Shamus on
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Infamy resets are tied to various rewards, such as a curated Trust and Bad Omens, as well as the Gambit ghost shell. Reseting Infamy thrice in one season awards an Emblem.

Dude, that reminds me double Infamy this week... but Outer Worlds.... HNNNGGGG I need a clone of me to be at home grinding while I'm at work! lol

0v5mKd7.jpg

One per destination for the Combo Detector perk that highlights both caches and resources on a given planet. Having one for each means it's always on, provided you swap to the right ghost shell.

Gonna be super clear that I assume Jones bought one with silver/dust and then purchased the rest from Collections for just glimmer/shards.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

0v5mKd7.jpg

Let me rephrase, how do you have so many?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    Do you see, I answer questions before they're asked.

Though also don't underestimate the glimmer hordes of longtime players. I think I have like 40k saved up because there wasn't much to spend it on.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jesus christ I just saw a thread on reddit saying you can set your steam browser to open to DIM in the overlay and I think this might change my whole life.

EDIT: Currently I just use a browser on my second PC, so I've always had a ready solution to using DIM while playing (in fact, I don't know I ever really would have stuck around so long if I couldn't; and whenever I play on PS4 it will still be necessary); but this is so much easier.

Alternately they should just put something like DIM in fucking game.

EDIT2: 40k is a glimmer "horde"? Pre-Shadowkeep I was constantly hitting up Spider to be sure I wasn't "wasting" glimmer as I was regularly at the cap. Now, if I had some way of tracking it, I probably earn/spend a couple hundred thousand glimmer a day. I usually hover pretty low, but that's because I never want to be totally broke, so I rarely go under 30k, but I'm constantly upgrading/infusing/buying upgrades etc. This will change as the season goes on and I'm not needing to upgrade things anymore and my loadouts become more static.

Glimmer is weird now though, and I don't know for certain how much a difference a ghost with glimmer scavenger makes; but I just recently switched to all Lunar's so it won't matter much. Then again I have about 70+ of the consumables that I literally can't use faster than I earn.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Loot. You get (2?) powerful drops from doing it. At least the first time. That may reset weekly or something, I dunno.

It doesn't. I reset 3 times during IB last week and it was 2 powerfuls each time.

Well, they were 950's at least, I can't be 100% sure they were powerfuls as I've been at 950 on my characters since the first day of week two. But I'd imagine at least one or two would have been 949 or something had they not been powerfuls.

Having said that I certainly wouldn't use valor resets as a go-to for increasing your power unless you're already doing a lot of crucible for some reason, or if it's a 3x weekend.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So the seasonal title has a bunch of triumphs that are going away at the end of the season. Also, it has a collection badge that includes the ritual weapons and no indication that it’s going to expire. Can I do the triumphs and skip on doing the ritual weapons, but still get the title 6 months from now when I finally get them after the season is long over?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »
    So the seasonal title has a bunch of triumphs that are going away at the end of the season. Also, it has a collection badge that includes the ritual weapons and no indication that it’s going to expire. Can I do the triumphs and skip on doing the ritual weapons, but still get the title 6 months from now when I finally get them after the season is long over?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48369
    Over the course of the Season, the situation will be resolved and some of the related activities will go away as Season 9’s conflict arrives.

This will also be true of the Title associated with Season 8. Both the Triumphs and Badge for the new title will ask players to be participate during the Season of the Undying. Once the conflict has been resolved players will no longer be able to earn the season’s title, Undying.

vq2TEKC.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Despite by best efforts, I haven't been below 200K glimmer since the day Shadowkeep launched.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Despite by best efforts, I haven't been below 200K glimmer since the day Shadowkeep launched.

Hawthorn sells rally banners, 10 for 50K and Spider sells planetary materials. both are good for sinking glimmer into if you hit the cap.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Over the course of the Season, the situation will be resolved and some of the related activities will go away as Season 9’s conflict arrives.

This will also be true of the Title associated with Season 8. Both the Triumphs and Badge for the new title will ask players to be participate during the Season of the Undying. Once the conflict has been resolved players will no longer be able to earn the season’s title, Undying.

I don’t like it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    MVRsBmQ.png

New meta. 3 bows (4 if you count Shadowshot)

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

God dammit, now I'm searching through past threads and laughing about super mitboost gates all over again
    Disrupter wrote:
    Am I crazy or is the cutest molaiht about inflation soon costs super mitboost gates by the fact spider sells everything you need? Like sure you csntbinfuse everything ever, but you pretty much get a couple free infusions a week from him.

I'm laughing so goddamn hard

Edit: @Disrupter just sounds so fucking casual about it, like, huh, how bout this complete jibberish bullshit? "Like, sure, of COURSE you csntbinfuse everything ever, but I mean, y'know."

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out what mitboost was supposed to be

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    That first sentence is UTTER nonsense. I challenge anyone to decipher it. Oh. Mitboost gates was "mitigated." Just got that.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    That day changed my life.

Edit: I’m trying so hard to figure out what cutest molaiht could possibly be

Edit 2: starting all that gibberish with “am I crazy” is literally making me laugh out loud right now

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    There needs to be a way to buy mats in bulk from Spider. Clicking 200 times is not cool.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Gotta add that eververse cape with the quiver, @shamus

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

You get stuff for resetting and then you get to get more things for every rank you climb up the ladder again.

There is literally no reason to not reset as soon as possible outside of a few specific things where some quest needs Legend to finish and you really don't wanna risk it.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I don’t like it.

The ritual weapons are the hardest part of it really. The entire Collection badge really.

The only other thing that takes much time is a tediously large amount of kills with specific weapons in the Vex Offensive.

shryke wrote: »

I don’t like it.

The ritual weapons are the hardest part of it really. The entire Collection badge really.

The only other thing that takes much time is a tediously large amount of kills with specific weapons in the Vex Offensive.

the ship could prove tricky for some too. requires beating an Ordeal Nightfall on Master difficulty. 980 power level. that's gonna rough even with a powered up artifact.