As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    As an aside, the purple SMG you get from claptrap's last quest is really fucking good. It's better than a lot of the orange SMGs, and easy to get.

Though you do have to do that awful quest on necrotefayo.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    It seems the invincibility glitch has not been patched so good work there gearbox

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    It seems the invincibility glitch has not been patched so good work there gearbox

which one?

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

which one?

The relic glitch

Also patch notes
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-24-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-roadmap-oct-24/?email_address=&timestamp=1571928780&user_id=76754412&username=f82ed7d9287104316c6b9741028a8148da68ff0f3ea731690d83383d1bd95bfa&verified=1&sig=8963093da8afb7e433ceb3a681b109d1

Of note - At least 50 bank slots with the free Maliwan dlc and more to come
    Pets and bear will be buffed though they dont say how

Mayhem 4 is a comin with exclusive loot and better Modifiers.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I can barely make it in Mayhem 1. Now they are adding Mayhem 4.

Guess there are people that like not being able to see stuff on screen.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I need mayhem 4 just so I can maybe actually get Unleash the Dragon to drop from El Dragon Jr.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I can barely make it in Mayhem 1. Now they are adding Mayhem 4.

Guess there are people that like not being able to see stuff on screen.

3 isn't so bad if you farmed offline for a bit you can use graveward and the tinks to gear up pretty fast

• Options
    3 is usually possible but hard for me, though some of the mods are just a quit/restart.

2 is pretty much always ok, and where I find the best risk/reward cutoffs. I’m definitely not running “optimal” gear, though.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I don't understand why the queens/kings call is good?

I tried it? I guess you have to be perfect on crits, but I didn't find it did that much damage?

I don’t think they’re OP on anyone but FL4K who Using the guaranteed crit skill. For the duration you can continuously fire effectively 4 shots a second into your target and you never have to stop to reload. With guerrillas in the mist and a K/Q Call, I can get Tyreen into her first immune phase inside the duration of his skill activation.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Good patch notes, acknowledging most of the glaring issues and promising fixes.

Still to be addressed: Tone down ‘splosions (sorry Mister Torgue) and particle effects.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Still no real performance fixes but at least they gave us a vague "in the November update" window finally. I'm waiting on that to play anymore. I don't want to experience all the good things this game has to offer while everything still runs like shit.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    akjak wrote: »

Still to be addressed: Tone down ‘splosions (sorry Mister Torgue) and particle effects.

Mr. Torgue wears sunglasses. I don't when I'm playing. :P

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I don't understand why the queens/kings call is good?

I tried it? I guess you have to be perfect on crits, but I didn't find it did that much damage?

This is often how I feel about hyped up guns. The Lyuda in particular was a tremendous letdown, even before the nerfs.

Cutsman, Hellwalker, and Crossroads all hold up in the "every bit as OP as you heard" department, though. Even with the nerfs (though the Crossroads a little less than the other two, IMO.)

• Options
    Also they need to normalize the loot drops between the "slaughter" modes. Only shaft gives legendaries because ????

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Did the Halloween event , I had fun and it was a pretty easy fight.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Did the Halloween event , I had fun and it was a pretty easy fight.

I can see the patch notes already "Fight has been made to be unfun, and very hard."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Well now the only achievements missing is all care packages ( think I’m missing tediore) firing ranges and and win a duel.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Just loaded up with Harvest patch, found a Conference Call in a locker.

Would patch again.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    These ghosts are getting annoying

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    There seems to be at least a couple tiers of ghosts.

Normal dudes spawn blue ghosts and those don't seem to drop any loot.

Badasses spawn these red ghosts that kind of hover around and shoot at you out of their mouths. The red ghosts are total loot pinatas. Like 3-4 items per red ghost killed. It's great. I have looted so many guns tonight.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    There seems to be at least a couple tiers of ghosts.

Normal dudes spawn blue ghosts and those don't seem to drop any loot.

Badasses spawn these red ghosts that kind of hover around and shoot at you out of their mouths. The red ghosts are total loot pinatas. Like 3-4 items per red ghost killed. It's great. I have looted so many guns tonight.

but they don't drop anything good. or at least not more than normal. And they make you slow. And innacurate. And the annoying noise.

I dislike the ghosts.

• Options
    yellow ghosts (loot ghosts) are ok, though. because they don't do the annoying things, and drop better loot.

• Options
    So the new legendary can have an annointment that inflicts terror repeatedly after an action skill so that's probably how you inflict it post event

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    It's kind of beyond ridiculous that making cutscenes skippable is so hard.

And that it'll take until December to get a target dummy.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »

They seem to imply the dev team is actually incompetent.

Like why would you do it the way they describe?

• Options
    Finally got Unleash the Dragon and my punching game just lit up. Now to farm a Ward shield from a very hard to punch boss. Mines is still just a level 37 shield that has 200% melee after phase slam and I just haven't been able to give it up for more actual shield.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Finally got Unleash the Dragon and my punching game just lit up. Now to farm a Ward shield from a very hard to punch boss. Mines is still just a level 37 shield that has 200% melee after phase slam and I just haven't been able to give it up for more actual shield.
    If you need to farm but your build isnt great for it use the invincibility glitch.

• Options
    If you need to farm but your build isnt great for it use the invincibility glitch.

Brawler Amara doesn't ever risk actually dying against graveward, it just takes ages to kill him with the whole lack of punching and being undergeared.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Brawler Amara doesn't ever risk actually dying against graveward, it just takes ages to kill him with the whole lack of punching and being undergeared.

Porcelain Pipe Bomb can still light Graveward up, provided Mayhem doesn't negate the elemental affix you have on it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    You can just do quests to get guaranteed gear that’s plenty good for mayhem 2.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Why would that imply incompetence? Using cutscenes as a trigger is incredibly common, nevermind the possibility of masking a load behind one which is also a smart use of player downtime.

Even if it's simply moving where the trigger fires you've still gotta add the functionality to actually advance everything plus verify every trigger with every character on every difficulty. Plus wait for the console patch process since they seem to be trying to patch all systems same day and date.

Edit: It's also a QoL update to an existing system that works fine so it's going to be prioritized behind other, more pressing things.

Carpy on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Moze and the Vampyr skill have spoiled me. I'm trying to finish leveling Amara (48) and she just feels so paper thin. But that's just because Moze is invincible with Vampyr and a Hex or Storm Front grenade. Even with all the damage reduction and HP regen Amara can get, she just goes down so fast. It's infuriating.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

Why would that imply incompetence? Using cutscenes as a trigger is incredibly common, nevermind the possibility of masking a load behind one which is also a smart use of player downtime.

Even if it's simply moving where the trigger fires you've still gotta add the functionality to actually advance everything plus verify every trigger with every character on every difficulty. Plus wait for the console patch process since they seem to be trying to patch all systems same day and date.

Edit: It's also a QoL update to an existing system that works fine so it's going to be prioritized behind other, more pressing things.

Many, if not most, games allow for the skipping of cutscenes. That is basically SOP for video games for the past decade at least. Especially in a game that encourages replaying this much. Designing your game in a way that makes it difficult to implement such a basic QoL feature is at the very least short sighted and ignorant of player demand.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm actually really liking these ghost/haunted mechanics. It has changed the way encounters have to be approached in some ways. It's of course a temporary change, so for this period of time, we have to adjust our tactics and play a little differently. It's a fun mix-up.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

or making NPC stick out a bit better. something about it is just a lot harder to pick out enemy when explosions start popping.

• Options
    furlion wrote: »

Many, if not most, games allow for the skipping of cutscenes. That is basically SOP for video games for the past decade at least. Especially in a game that encourages replaying this much. Designing your game in a way that makes it difficult to implement such a basic QoL feature is at the very least short sighted and ignorant of player demand.

This was also a prominent complaint about BL2, so it’s not a big surprise

• Options

2 arguably wasnt as bad because it was mostly dialouge aside from dlc openings so you could mute.

3 is almost purposefully wasting your time with this and how missions are structured

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

I mean, it's kind of a bigger surprise. They addressed so many things that were common complaints in BL2, like the drop rate and how fast you get your action skill, action skill diversity, more meaningful gun differentiation, etc. They had to be aware of how their player base felt about unskippable cutscenes. So I was surprised they hadn't addressed it, given how straightforward the fix seems to be?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

2 arguably wasnt as bad because it was mostly dialouge aside from dlc openings so you could mute.

3 is almost purposefully wasting your time with this and how missions are structured

Yeah even if they let you skip the actual cut scenes the game also has like pseudo cut scenes that play out. And in one instance in the later game, if you deviate from the route your supposed to take it'll bug the game and make the mission unfinishable.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hey Vault Hunter we know whats next but go back to sanctuary Lillith wants to talk at you even though you have a cellphone and nothing requires you to be there.

King Riptor on