As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    One thing that comes to mind after this though: Who do you suggest for non-caster support servants for when there's an annoying rider boss? Or is it better to just use arts setups and Mash to try and reduce card damage to zilch with NPs?
    Ozymandias has that on lock.

For straight NP charge, yeah.

There's also Bride and Nightengale. And if you include NPs, Sherlock and Shuten. Plus the three Tank characters (d'Eon, George, and Leo)

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Mini Campaign coming up:
    https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2019/1014_le_cp/

Which is this one, slightly ahead of time relatively speaking:
    https://grandorder.wiki/Fate/EXTRA_Last_Encore_Anime_Broadcast_Commemoration_Campaign

7SQ and a 10% Arts|3 Stars/Turn CE

Strictly speaking, the real commemoration is if the last couple rewards get delayed until January.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Continuing my last post...got through enough Shimosa to get the last magatama I needed.

When your waifu or husbando is released, remember to treat them right.

76Y1FVYl.png

ErMwY5xl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Alright Jack, we gotta talk. Listen, you're an absolute sweetheart, you rack up crit stars like you were born for it, and when the game lets me get you something other than a ratty, moth-eaten cloak I found in a bin I will spend $Texas to get it for you. But all these fuckin' bones you need? It is becoming a problem.

First, have some embers now that you can level again. Second, I'm afraid your skills are gonna have to wa-

*kiddo levels up, "Waaaah! Arigatou!" plays*

...aw, nevermind. You just go help Nursery Rhyme with her tea party, okay? Mom's gonna be in Fuyuki for a while if you need anything.

The game does this shit on purpose, I swear to god.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Empireo would have been tricky not knowing the fight but Orion, Tomoe, Waver, and Mash were sufficient to deal with his nonsense.

And the Sorcerer lost to Orion, Tamamo, Waver because even a threatening NP doesn't matter if Arts Stall can still make you not NP ever. :D

Final snap reactions:
    Muramasa and Kotarou were awesome
    Musashi <3
    Danzo adorbs
    And Kojirou also kinda cool. I'd be down for legit Saber version.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Empireo would have been tricky not knowing the fight but Orion, Tomoe, Waver, and Mash were sufficient to deal with his nonsense.

And the Sorcerer lost to Orion, Tamamo, Waver because even a threatening NP doesn't matter if Arts Stall can still make you not NP ever. :D

Final snap reactions:
    Muramasa and Kotarou were awesome
    Musashi <3
    Danzo adorbs
    And Kojirou also kinda cool. I'd be down for legit Saber version.

Archuria NP looping deleted Empireo quicker than his nonsense could kick in for me :P. I think that was the easiest I had it on one of the duels.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah I just brought her, Chloe, and Waver because Saber. He managed to NP twice because I did every fight blind, but he chose to use it on first Waver then Musashi while the actual threats just lit him up.

The Sorcerer was Avenger, so my newly 90 BB slapped him around like a toy. Cu Alter was there too, but he didn't really do much of anything.

edited October 2019
    BB destroying Sorcerer acting all cute while he's all rage grr is amusing.

Polaritie on
    It's possible to get lucky enough that Empireo doesn't do anything. But removing DEF buffs and deleting your supports, spamming Evade every turn, or not expecting the change on last break bar are all potential fight enders for people.

I could have fielded BB against Sorcerer but that's a damage race I didn't want to opt into just in case.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I actually didnt realize that was the sorcerer fight going in. But Waver kept his NP offline just long enough to kill him.

Oh there are definitely lots of ways Empireo could go badly. Once I saw his initial gimmick I basically gave up on Waver except to boost charge and use his NP before biting it. Luckily both Artoria and Chloe have relatively short cooldowns on their damage boosters so I could line up their NP for big smash. When I hit that final bar and saw his new gimmick it was too late, Artoria had her skills and NP ready to execute him instantly.

Halloween event begins tonight and it brings a choice of welfare Servant (Alter Ego) along with KnK mission-style progression which I actually really enjoy. Guide here: https://www.kscopedia.net/halloween-2019/

Also yesterday I saw it was the last chance to try for Tomoe Gozen on solo rate-up for the Shimosa banner, so I was weak and bought a pack. The results...
    S6ntqpxl.jpg

...I don't want to talk about it. And no, I did not get Tomoe Gozen. Not one copy. Emiya decided to crash the party though.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    managed to somehow get musashi off of a ticket

rip all my qp, i guess

Mostly just building up a pile of SQ to throw it all at Okita, next time she's up. I figure I've got my waifu, Nobu deserves hers. Anyway, with Agartha wrapped up I had enough to throw a couple shots at these banners, one for Musashi and one for Raikou. Came away instead with Shuten and two copies of Katou, because what I really need when I'm still grinding stuff for Jack is two more assassins, one of whom is probably going to eat me the second she figures out how boring I am.

I kid because I love. Take a number and have a seat, ladies, gems are a bit scarce at the moment. Also, I now feel compelled to roll for Ibaraki at some point to complete the oni set. This is how bad behavior starts.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    There are never enough Support Shutens on friend lists.

edited October 2019
    There are never enough Support Shutens on friend lists.

Yeah, she actually seems pretty handy, and it's nice to have a non-welfare AOE assassin on board. She'll be a big help rounding up dragon fangs, which I need almost as much as bones.

Gacha aside I'm actually enjoying the ride so far. I've had an on-and-off relationship with Fate over the years, but the better singularities have been worth powering through the rest for, and every other event is basically a playable Carnival Phantasm episode. I get the impression the localization team has a lot of fun with their job; an American Psycho reference in one of the summer events caught me by surprise, and reminded me of the ways FFXIV would play silly buggers with the text.

Stolls on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Oh my christ the credit crawl for the Halloween event

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh god

okki's localization

amazing

I laughed so much at the CE substitution

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Gomenasorry

this appears to be some fun event

Sad that the decent SR rate-ups on the banner don't come till Sat/Sun.

Loving this event. Want otaku princess, but need to save for other banners and I guess hope she spooks.

Still early on where I can just sleepwalk through with whoever. Which means I get to goof off and run multiple AoE instant death servants.

Madican wrote: »
    I laughed so much at the CE substitution

That may be the first time I've ever really identified with a generic self-insert protagonist.

Going to great lengths to avoid unpleasant work with a disaster magnet of a colleague is highly relatable.

edited October 2019
    Prettiest ninja rolls...

Roll 1: 4* CE, 4* CE, Origin Bullet CE
    Roll 2: Limited/Zero Over CE, 4* CE
    Roll 3: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 4: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 5: 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 6: 4* CE, EMIYA NP3

nani the fuck...

Roll 7: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 8: 2030 CE, Another Ending CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 9: 4* CE
    Roll 10: Heaven's Feel CE, Danzo, 4* CE

300 fucking saint quartz before the RATE UP SR god what is this

Roll 11: 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 12: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 13: 500-Year Obsession CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 14: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 15: Kscope CE, Danzo NP2

ow it hurts please don't use me as a source of ambergris

(fuck this account seed)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Got one copy of Danzo when it was multi-rate up in 2 or 3 rolls (I forget).
    Got my 2nd copy on another 3 rolls.
    If my only Shimosa servant is the cute robot, I'll take it.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Rolled my weekly ticket on the train this morning

Osakabehime is now in my Chaldea

Transit summons are undefeated, everyone should try them

Although a few weeks back I managed to roll Dangerous Beast on a bus so maybe don't do that

I confirm, I rolled my Merlin while on train, although it took quite some time to finally catch this bastard.

Im waiting for Jeanne Alter banner in January, although Im considering trying to get First Hassan in November. After reading horror gacha stories about failing to acquire targeted servants, I feel like I should focus on one instead of wasting SQ on other tempting banners. Only after getting Jalter I will hopefully use the rest of SQ on something else.

edited October 2019
    Yeah, there's just way too much to roll on unless you have money to burn. Target one or two to stock up for, throw a pull or some freebie cards at whatever stands out along the way, and be ready to live with whatever the game deals out. Hell, I mentioned that I was gunning for Saber Fran over summer and came up empty-handed despite several pulls over the course of all events. That's not entirely true, since those pulls did get me summer versions of Mordred, Nitocris, Anne/Mary, and Nero(!). The only times I've ever hit what I was aiming at were with Lancer Artoria and Melt.

I remain a bit salty because I do love the cinnamon roll, but I can very much live with those results. And hell, outside of doting on your waifu/husbando, half the fun is making do with the servants you have. I've had a blast rolling out more common units and seeing how much damage can be squeezed out of, say, Billy, Jaguar, or Ushiwaka (a lot, it turns out).

Stolls on
  • Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    "No. There will be no crossovers right now."

Events have the BEST dialogue choices

FC: 1907-8030-1478
    Apparently mission progress on random things is being reset with the release of Part 2. Double the fun if you're being affected by the Android crash bug. Bugs all the way down with this event.

~15 rolls. Wiffed hard on Otaku Neet Princess. Got a Waver Spook and 2 Wu Zetians instead.

Goddamnit, this event is buggy. Not only progress of some missions got reset for many people, but also my next Main Quest just straight up disappeared,so I cannot check how to unlock it.

is it killing mechs or evil?

Polaritie wrote: »
    is it killing mechs or evil?

Those two and, if I remember correctly, Divine enemies.

Token rolls for Okki...

5 Tickets...nothing.

Roll 1: 4* CE, 4* CE, Penthesilea, Trick or Treatment CE
    Roll 2: 4* Event CE, 4* CE, Penth NP2, 4* Event CE
    Roll 3: 4* Event CE, 4* CE
    Roll 4: Trick or Treatment CE, 4* Event CE, Penth NP3, 4* CE
    Roll 5: 4* CE, 4* CE, Volumen Hydra CE
    Roll 6: 4* CE, 4* CE

Where was that SR luck on the previous banner? Sheesh.

And still no SSR RIP

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    What's a Halloween? Some ancient holiday?

Have a Saber Wars II.

With a Space Ishtar and Calamity Jane.

Also probably Space Ereshkigal.

"No. There will be no more crossovers!"

What, no MHXXA?

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Part 2 gacha, perhaps. Or they're planning on saving her for summer, since the Servant Universe has kind of been leaking into other events recently.

I found it hilarious how Osakabehime complains about being the shopkeeper and then the story actually confirms it as canon, like Gudako is just periodically wandering into her room at random to look at merchandise