As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [RUGBY] World Cup is on yet we have no thread

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Well, I'm glad we've given you something to crow about, lord knows Scotland weren't going to.

My team did its bag of wank playing in the group stages.

I did warn you Ireland were playing badly.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    It must be comforting for the British to know that whatever happens in the their parliament with Brexit today cannot possibly be more humiliating than this game.

*curls into a ball*

• Options
    THAC0THAC0 Registered User regular
    Better defence from Ireland in the second half but nz coming in hard now

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    NZ are better than us on the day, no question.
    But at least we're not letting the heads drop. Hopefully we can get something at least.

And less said about "I told you so", the better.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Right! 34-7! We’ve got them right where we want them! It’s all to play for! Comeback starts now!

Aaaany minute now...

• Options
    Good to see Ireland get over. Especially with the ab's really punching hard in the second half. I feel we are also seeing the difference the extra time to rest England and New Zealand both got because of the cancelled games

• Options
    41-7 up and playing that sort of cynical offside. Absolutely deserved yellow. What a knob

• Options
    Ah well. We still have our dignity.

Somewhere.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    THAC0 wrote: »
    41-7 up and playing that sort of cynical offside. Absolutely deserved yellow. What a knob

Shame for us that it came so late.
    Not that we did anything with that player advantage anyway...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Love the interview post game by Rory Best and so good to hear the crowd supporting him at the end there.

• Options
    France now doing what France do best. Suddenly show up and play magic rugby in the world cup knock outs

• Options
    Mr.WangtangMr.Wangtang Registered User regular
    France now doing what France do best.
    and self destructing.

• Options
    You'd have to think Wales can come out on top here now.

• Options
    Wales in no rush, can just grind it out now.

• Options
    That could be it for Wales

• Options
    Well played by Wales, same old France beating themselves in the big games. Think SA will be too clever for the hosts but should be a great game.

• Options
    Come on Japan. One more time!

• Options
    South Africa forgot they were South Africa for the first 40 but then they remebered and stuck it up the jumper and won.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Well done to Japan for coming this far and I think the scoreline looks worse then they played for most of the game. The line out and scrum beat them in the end. It was a great ride from Japan.

The boks deserved the win and showed in the second half why I still rate them for the cup. Wales is going to have to shape up from tonights performance.

• Options
    Well done to Japan for coming this far and I think the scoreline looks worse then they played for most of the game. The line out and scrum beat them in the end. It was a great ride from Japan.

The boks deserved the win and showed in the second half why I still rate them for the cup. Wales is going to have to shape up from tonights performance.

To me it looks like old NZ have turned up. A lot of players (Keiran Reed and Aaron Smith especially) stopped trying to be magical superstars with every touch of the ball and focused on ruinous execution of the basics.

That NZ is close to unbeatable.

South Africa just had brain melt for half the match and we could easily have seen Japan leading at half time.

• Options
    The most important factor for the all blacks is France is no longer there to beat them

• Options
    Well, that was certainly a match.

After picking an immobile pack Hansen keeps the wide at any cost game plan and amazingly, in a total shock that no one could see coming, the more mobile opposition pack destroys them.

An absolute smashing.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I haven't dared to post in this thread until now but now I get to yell I DID NOT FORSEE THIS OUTCOME AND I AM OK WITH IT

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The most important factor for the all blacks is France is no longer there to beat them

Aged like milk lmao

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Only the good play of Leonard Brown and the bad play of Owen Farrell kept NZ in this match at all.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh good is going to make the office unbearable on Tuesday.

Thank God is a long weekend

• Options
    Oh good is going to make the office unbearable on Tuesday.

Thank God is a long weekend

If you're in the mood to bring your co-workers treats, I think they'll probably appreciate some kind of comfort food...

• Options
    Not the result I wanted to see but England were great to watch. The second stolen line out is when I really started to go oh no.

The all blacks got beaten in exactly the way I've been worrying all year. You put them on the back foot and don't be afraid to play against them. Don't try to beat them at there game make them play to your game and God damn did England control the game. Great stuff. It felt New Zealand touched the ball about 4 times all game.

• Options
    New Zealand (back to back winners of the previous World Cups) have got a weird desire to win in a certain way which is exposing them to completely unnecessary risk.
    This from the op played out 100%

• Options
    I wonder how many trucks of money the aru is going to drive to the house of Eddie Jones to try and get him back for the wallabies. His success rate since leaving Australia has been crazy

• Options
    The ARU: "Eddie mate, come on Eddie, come on back, let's let bygones be bygones, do the right thing Jones, come on"

Jones: "First, put on this dress..."

• Options
    New Zealand (back to back winners of the previous World Cups) have got a weird desire to win in a certain way which is exposing them to completely unnecessary risk.
    This from the op played out 100%

I'm not going to lie, this tournament has made me feel like a rugby Nostradamous.

• Options
    I wonder how many trucks of money the aru is going to drive to the house of Eddie Jones to try and get him back for the wallabies. His success rate since leaving Australia has been crazy

It's gonna be David Rennie.

• Options
    Yeah in all seriousness, Jones is getting paid much more than the ARU will offer, and the ARU did shit on him pretty hard.

Also I'm still angry at the FRU for not at least trying to get Warren Gatland. He's absolutely the coach they need to turn the French side into the insane powerhouse they used to be and should be.

• Options
    V1m wrote: »
    Yeah in all seriousness, Jones is getting paid much more than the ARU will offer, and the ARU did shit on him pretty hard.

Also I'm still angry at the FRU for not at least trying to get Warren Gatland. He's absolutely the coach they need to turn the French side into the insane powerhouse they used to be and should be.

The French clubs would be totally unwilling to give Gatland the level of access he would demand.

• Options
    V1m wrote: »

The French clubs would be totally unwilling to give Gatland the level of access he would demand.

I know I know, but let me have my wish moment

Today's match about to start, can't help feeling that the Boks are going to spank Wales here, but we'll see if Wales can defend in Japan like they do in Cardiff.

An England:Wales final would be amazing, but a South Africa:England final would be pretty great too (plus it would give us an opportunity to beat all of the Rugby Championship SH sides in a single tournament), so whoever wins today, I'm happy.

• Options
    I'd love to see either final at this point with Wales getting through just so we get a new world cup holder slightly ahead

• Options
    Big intensity so far. Quite a bit of push and shove too.

• Options
    Garces not having his best day here.