As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] h o n k

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    In this story, these robots have big swinging dicks

That's all it's about

Now when you say a swinging dick, is that like, a double action hinge affair? Or are we talking a well lubricated ball-and-socket structure?

Well they come in all shapes and sizes and configurations

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no the socket is the butthole

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    flexible ballistic gel sheathing around a heavily articulated powered skeleton capable of a wide range of movement

Oh you mean like Glob Herman?

mCDdQcL.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    flexible ballistic gel sheathing around a heavily articulated powered skeleton capable of a wide range of movement

Oh you mean like Glob Herman?

mCDdQcL.png

yeah but more like the terminator inside and also designed by bad dragon

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'd have lost that bet. I didn't figure anyone in history ever meant "like Glob Herman."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    "You see, unlike in Blade Runner, the robots in my story are meant to be empathized with."

For those that don’t know, this is a thing Cage actually said

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    whyy david cage is piss

#frencho

broken image link
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    "You see, unlike in Blade Runner, the robots in my story are meant to be empathized with."

For those that don’t know, this is a thing Cage actually said

christ, what an asshole

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

"You want to talk about homophobia? I work with Ellen Page, who fights for LGBT rights. You want to talk about racism? I work with Jesse Williams, who fights for civil rights in the USA... Judge me by my work."

Couscous on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

"You want to talk about homophobia? I work with Ellen Page, who fights for LGBT rights. You want to talk about racism? I work with Jesse Williams, who fights for civil rights in the USA... Judge me by my work."

An incredible example of playing oneself

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exz1phJdWDk

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    whyy david cage is piss

#frencho

Hey now!

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exz1phJdWDk

I feel obligated to point out that the "groovy disco sample" music playing at the start of the video is the black guy's theme music.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    And it's like the same exact racist ass caricature from fucking Omikron!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Its impossible to know for sure but David Cage may be a vapid hack fraud asshole dipshit with absolutely nothing to say about anything

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    on the one hand, I don't want people to keep giving Cage money because he is a hack

on the other hand, dunking on Cage games is incredibly fun

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    David Cage would be much more enjoyable on an Ewe Boll or Tommy Wiseau level production value budget

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I like games what are lightly-interactive TV shows, and hardly anyone makes them, so I will continue to think of the two Cage games I've played thru (Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain) in mildly positive terms, while also acknowledging that they are kind-of stupid, occasionally racist, and awkward

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Heavy Rain makes me so mad

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

God, that fucking "twist" still makes me grind my teeth.

In non-teeth grinding news, I've started Return of the Obra Dinn and boy howdy is it ticking my fucking boxes in the absolute best way.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I wanna try Obra Din but also I'm fuckin dumb

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I got Detroit for free and that was a pretty good price to pay to have Clancy Brown shoot my Cop-Bot ass like half a dozen times

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I like games what are lightly-interactive TV shows, and hardly anyone makes them, so I will continue to think of the two Cage games I've played thru (Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain) in mildly positive terms, while also acknowledging that they are kind-of stupid, occasionally racist, and awkward

There are SO MANY better story driven games. Even the bad ones. At this point David Cage serves no purpose.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    on the one hand, I don't want people to keep giving Cage money because he is a hack

Never forget, Omikron was so bad it killed SBFP.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I recently downloaded World of Horror. It's good. And by good I mean "horrible in the way I wanted."

• Options

Never forget, Omikron was so bad it killed SBFP.

no, that was the star trek game

matt actually loved omikron

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

God, that fucking "twist" still makes me grind my teeth.

In non-teeth grinding news, I've started Return of the Obra Dinn and boy howdy is it ticking my fucking boxes in the absolute best way.

Update: I'm so glad I played Obra Dinn near Halloween. This game's atmosphere is goddamn perfect for this season.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    My greatest fear regarding my moonshot indie game (being a sprite-based, Genesis-inspired Sonic-like), after the far more realistic possibility that I will simply never actually finish it, is that I'll get all the way to a public release and realize that I've chosen a release date the day after Freedom Planet 2, which is essentially unbeatable in that particular brain-space.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    It’s was a real weird disconnection for me, seeing how well-received and adored Detroit was (and still regularly is) on my twitter feed.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    It’s was a real weird disconnection for me, seeing how well-received and adored Detroit was (and still regularly is) on my twitter feed.

I'd guess because most people only played the game through once and/or didn't see and of Cage's nonsense or were aware of his history

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Veldrin wrote: »
    they do make pretty good pizza

EPujLng.jpg?1

wandering on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The pizza regional variant that always drove me mad was in West Virginia, or at least around the Wheeling area which is where I visited annually growing up.

They would cook the pizza with no cheese and then throw cold shredded cheese on top after it is out of the oven.

WHY

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The pizza regional variant that always drove me mad was in West Virginia, or at least around the Wheeling area which is where I visited annually growing up.

They would cook the pizza with no cheese and then throw cold shredded cheese on top after it is out of the oven.

WHY

Read this and a chill went down my spine

Something is wrong in West Virginia

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    what the fuck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    At that point you may as well just eat the pizza raw

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

WHY

Somewhere a crow just cawwed ominously

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    abandon your sinful pizza ways

and just

don't eat pizza

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    abandon your sinful pizza ways

and just

don't eat pizza

mods?!