As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding a good wireless security system

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
Looking for a 4-8 wireless camera security system, preferably with a DVR.

Problem is, when I think I found some decent hardware, I learn the mobile app sucks.

Anyone know of a decent system with a decent app?

Most of the cameras I look at use IP PRO and Eeseecloud as the app and they review terribly...

I want to like Night Owl but again, their apps review terribly...

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    My cousin uses Wyze and he likes it. It's not the real purpose, but you could use Nest cams or Simplisafe cams and their respective accounts/apps.

I don't know if Wyze has an app. You'll have to check reviews.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lorex is the only DVR system that has a decent app, and they don't maintain it well. It works until it doesn't.

Which is better than Night Owl and Swann whose apps almost never work.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have any experience with Annke?

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    My cousin uses Wyze and he likes it. It's not the real purpose, but you could use Nest cams or Simplisafe cams and their respective accounts/apps.

I don't know if Wyze has an app. You'll have to check reviews.

I use a couple of Wyze cams with microsd cards to watch our pets when we're away. Video quality is very very good and the app works perfectly well imo.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language