As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    Every time Glyph comes back I have a little moment of "wow, they haven't gotten themselves banned yet."

Boy this post didn't age well at all.

3cl1ps3 on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Well, Glyph just ran face first into a hard ban so let's move on.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Card games, am I right?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Card games, am I right?

Preach!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Card games, am I right?

Preach!

No he's a WoW player.

liEt3nH.png
    Card games, am I right?

Preach!

No he's a WoW player.

No, this is Patrick.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    5 villains * 4 heroes is 20 cards.
    But then each of the villains would have one more dual card than the heroes.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Card games, am I right?

Preach!

No he's a WoW player.

No, this is Patrick.

But doctor, I *am* Pagliacci!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Card games, am I right?

Preach!

No he's a WoW player.

No, this is Patrick.

But doctor, I *am* Pagliacci!

Oh, I can do this.

The Aristocrats!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Well, I pushed to dad legend pretty smoothly with Aggro Warrior. The meta has moved on from it but it still seems to be competitive.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Well, I finally bothered to get rank 5 in Standard. It’s just about the latest I’ve ever gotten it. I used Shaman to get there, partially because I was lazy and it’s clearly the best deck, but also because Quest Evolve Shaman is a genuinely fun deck to play. Despite Hearthstone being Shamanstone right now, I feel like the meta is fun and interesting. It feels like a grindy meta rather than a control meta, and I appreciate that. When I lose a game, it’s usually because my opponent husbanded their resources better and generated one more big board than me. I’ve played against some neat decks, and in particular the Quest Rogue with a survival N’Zoth death rattle package and a Togwaggle’s Scheme or two to allow them to grind anyone out looks like a lot of fun.

But: it’s been pretty hard to feel excited about Hearthstone this month. I’ve actually played more MTGA than Hearthstone, by a notable amount. Drafts in MTGA are a lot of fun; while the draft bots need substantial tuning with regards to the new set (draft bots ignore mill cards, and there are a lot of good mill cards), I’ve had seven win runs with G/B adventures and artifacts, white knights, G/U adventures, W/U fliers, R/B aggro, and mono green stompy. Standard in MTGA has unfortunately been turned into a 3/3 Elk and has subsequently been eaten by an enormous indestructible wolf (IMO, it makes Hearthstone standard feel positively healthy), but I’ve still enjoyed it more than I have Standard Hearthstone in the last few weeks, thanks in no small part to Embercleave.

I still strongly believe that Hearthstone is the better game, but factors outside the game have made it less fun for me, and so I’ve played it less. I’ve had quests in Hearthstone pile up and I’ve just not bothered to clear them out before I lose a quest - that usually doesn’t even happen when I’m on vacation in Europe.

TL:DR: Hearthstone is less fun because of external factors at a time when it should be fantastic, poor me.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I had 13 legend finishes between January and August and have played less than 20 games from September to date.

I still watch Grandmasters and read VS because they're quality content though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I had 13 legend finishes between January and August
    Please, this is a SFW forum.

edited October 2019
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Well, I finally bothered to get rank 5 in Standard. It’s just about the latest I’ve ever gotten it. I used Shaman to get there, partially because I was lazy and it’s clearly the best deck, but also because Quest Evolve Shaman is a genuinely fun deck to play. Despite Hearthstone being Shamanstone right now, I feel like the meta is fun and interesting. It feels like a grindy meta rather than a control meta, and I appreciate that. When I lose a game, it’s usually because my opponent husbanded their resources better and generated one more big board than me.
    Eh, Evolve mechanics are so "Jesus take the wheel" that the outcomes of those games feels incredibly based on dice rolls to me. Like even more so than the dice roll that is Hearthstone in general.

forty on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9o_87A6XkM

Oh man, this game felt so satisfying to watch.
    Got Kibler down to 2HP and BM "Well Played". Then loses the game because they misplayed way back on turn 7 by attacking with their non-Rush minion to clear a Taunt. That 3 damage going face would have won.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    90tbpxmmc2bt.png

I would've made the same face, too.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited October 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Got Kibler down to 2HP and BM "Well Played". Then loses the game because they misplayed way back on turn 6 by attacking with their non-Rush minion to clear a Taunt. That 3 damage going face would have won.
    Eh? I just watched turn 6 and the opponent definitely attacked with the Rush guy both times.

Edit: It was turn 7.

forty on
    Today I was playing Highlander Rogue and queued into a Malygos Shaman

I was not fast enough to really pressure him very well, and he had multiple multiple multiple board clears

BUT. But. He got very greedy with a Spirit of the Frog and a Witch's Brew and he overdrew and had 10 cards in hand.

Malygos burns to a crisp yusssss

He didn't concede though and almost nearly got me with an Electra+Eureka play which slapped two Jepettos on board, but I had Necrium Blade+Blightnozzle....... And then much much MUCH later on I made a really cool play, I dropped Ragnaros, Shadowstepped him (so my turn was Doing Nothing), but that was because I knew he still had one Hex left..... and then next turn I play 6 mana Ragnaros and Shadow of Death it (discovered from a lackey).

Man, shit gets fuckin' whack in Rank 5 though huh.

DNiDlnb.png
    edited October 2019
    I noticed my Aggro Warrior deck is 26 Warrior cards and only 4 Neutrals. That seems like an incredibly low amount of Neutrals for a Hearthstone deck, and it makes me curious what strong deck(s) over the course of the game have used fewer than that.

forty on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If you go to Wild it's pretty common.

Secret Mage is 28 Mage cards plus 2 Mad Scientists.
    Jade Quest Druid is 29 Druid cards and 1 triclass card (Aya).
    Even Shaman is 27 Shaman cards plus Genn and 2 Sea Giants.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Well, I expect that in Wild since the best Class cards are OP and Wild has access to all of them. Wild doesn't count!

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    I don't think anything interesting related to the controversy will happen at Blizzcon. The most you're going to see is people wearing some FHK t-shirts and some crowd hecklers/booers.

Didn't blizz close all the open Q&A sessions? If "nothing" happens, it's probably because Blizz decided they aren't going to give people a voice.

No, they're still having them. They always also have question submissions for some of the panels rather than doing everything as a live Q&A. I'm super on the anti-Blizz train right now but that particular thing was the internet misunderstanding how Blizzcon works and running with it.

Dibby wrote: »
    Today I was playing Highlander Rogue and queued into a Malygos Shaman

I was not fast enough to really pressure him very well, and he had multiple multiple multiple board clears

BUT. But. He got very greedy with a Spirit of the Frog and a Witch's Brew and he overdrew and had 10 cards in hand.

Malygos burns to a crisp yusssss

He didn't concede though and almost nearly got me with an Electra+Eureka play which slapped two Jepettos on board, but I had Necrium Blade+Blightnozzle....... And then much much MUCH later on I made a really cool play, I dropped Ragnaros, Shadowstepped him (so my turn was Doing Nothing), but that was because I knew he still had one Hex left..... and then next turn I play 6 mana Ragnaros and Shadow of Death it (discovered from a lackey).

Man, shit gets fuckin' whack in Rank 5 though huh.

also i wanna add: this was one of the most fun games i've played in a long, long time. i would've been happy win or lose, man.

off-meta decks like highlander rogue or highlander warrior are super fun and it's a nice change of pace when you're bored of the meta. it's even better when your opponent is also playing a weird whackadoo off-meta deck as well.

DNiDlnb.png
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    No, they're still having them. They always also have question submissions for some of the panels rather than doing everything as a live Q&A. I'm super on the anti-Blizz train right now but that particular thing was the internet misunderstanding how Blizzcon works and running with it.

Oh, excellent.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Boom. Right in the pocket-book

https://reclaimthenet.org/mitsubishi-pulls-blizzard-sponsorship/

That's gotta sting.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Boom. Right in the pocket-book

https://reclaimthenet.org/mitsubishi-pulls-blizzard-sponsorship/

That's gotta sting.

Good for Mitsubishi. I wonder if they had to alter some of their stuff for Blizzcon because of it.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    This is the Taiwanese division of Mitsubishi motors. In other words, they are located in a country that China would like to turn into HK. Neutrality isn't an option for them.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    ### Train of N'Zoth
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 1x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
    # 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    # 2x (2) Doomsayer
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 2x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (2) Shiv
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Fan of Knives
    # 2x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    # 2x (6) Khartut Defender
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
    #
    AAECAYO6AgbNA+0FoIADr5EDkpcD49IDDIoBtAGcAu0CvQSbBd4FxfMCtJEDj5cDoaED9acDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck has only failed me three times during my climb from 15 to 5. It's fantastic.

Untill you get a mirror match. Then it all becomes who gets the higher scheme on N'Zoth.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    edited October 2019
    I think I have everything for that except Togwaggle. Hmmm, wonder if should craft. Is there a decent substitute or is he pretty critical?

forty on
    He is pretty critical. You use him to draw three (0) costed cards, which is a big swing and helps you clear out your deck before you scheme.

See my profile here!
    edited October 2019
    That's what I was afraid of. Do you ever end up with a Togwaggle but no Lackeys to play out?

Edit: How about Mulligans? Do you ever keep Scheme? Does the deck crumble if you draw N'zoth early but Scheme and/or Shadowsteps are buried deep?

forty on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    10-3 with renomage, lots of fun still.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited October 2019
    forty wrote: »
    That's what I was afraid of. Do you ever end up with a Togwaggle but no Lackeys to play out?

Edit: How about Mulligans? Do you ever keep Scheme? Does the deck crumble if you draw N'zoth early but Scheme and/or Shadowsteps are buried deep?

I always keep at least one Lackey for Togwaggle, should be easy enough. You don't need to keep scheme unless you are sure it's a control matchup, but even then it's not vital. As long as scheme is not your last card, you can survive with N'Zoth and Shadowstep. Never use Shadowstep for anything else. Don't be afraid to take a few hits from your empty deck if it helps your scheme as your defense is huge. 8+ schemes should be more then enough for most match ups. Stop drawing once you have the combo versus controll unless necessary.

Always keep one drops, draw and lackey creators. Keep
    Khartut Defender, backstab and/or Mind control tech versus Shaman or Priest.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Have you tried putting Sylvanas in the deck?

Apparently N'zoth rogue does not have a good win rate so I wonder if you just got a lot of lucky matchups or what.

wonderpug wrote: »
    The most popular variant on HSReplay is this deck but with Sylvanas in place of Sap. I wonder if Sylvanas just adds too much greed/slowness to the deck, considering it probably has troubles against faster decks.

edited October 2019
    wonderpug wrote: »

I'd rather keep Sap, as Sylvanas hightens the curve and doesn't protect my lifetotal.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Got a notice on logging in today about dual-class Arena being ready to go just in time for Halloween. Except that 3-week long event just ended, and its now single class arena, except with all the other event rules (wild cards only, no buckets, really high class % offering.) Looks like someone was asleep at the wheel?

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Brawl pack today:
    tuaee16n00dq.jpg
    Still no Harrison.