As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Once more [Into The Breach], dear friends, once more;

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Steel Judoka always seems like it requires some galaxy brain shit that I'm just way too dumb to grapple with.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Pulling a Vek towards a mountain to kill makes me feel like a genius of course.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Steel Judoka always seems like it requires some galaxy brain shit that I'm just way too dumb to grapple with.

Steel Judoka's best upgrade possible is changing the gravity mech's weapon (like, teleport beam which is OP, but almost any other science weapons would be better), or best possible start is Mafan with enough reactors to get Siege Mech up to +1 from the start to make up for their lack of damage, or Kaz in Gravity to give it an attack.

Mid run, Prospero is a great in Gravity Mech to increase it's options (especially with teleporter to just make it the swap mech), Harold boosts Judo mech's options when flips aren't possible, and you'll want to try and get one of those push/punch attacks for Judo to go with the flip.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The biggest failing of the Steel Judoka is that I always want/expect to be able to suplex a bug monster into another bug monster, and I can't do that.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Rolled up custom game with 3 ice mecha, just fooling around. Didn’t get any lucky draws with pods so I went into the final battle with no offense, but did have a full grid and a little extra defense.

Lost one of my mechs early to the RNG gods, but kept plugging away.

Very last turn I had 2 power left with 3 vek threatening and 2 ice shots.

Froze my 2 vek, lost one power, turn over.

Hard Victory!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Are there any other weapons like the suplex where it moves the Vek, and then deals damage on the tile it's been moved to?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Are there any other weapons like the suplex where it moves the Vek, and then deals damage on the tile it's been moved to?
    The charge tank?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My friend who I gave this to has streamed it 6 or 7 times now, and is refusing to go for anything but a normal difficulty, 4 island win as his first completed run.

It's fun but frustrating to watch.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    My friend who I gave this to has streamed it 6 or 7 times now, and is refusing to go for anything but a normal difficulty, 4 island win as his first completed run.

Sure sounds like it. Hard or bust!

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

Don't you *have* to beat it on 2 islands first? I could swear you don't even get the option to try the ice and conveyor belt ones til you do

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    It tells you that you can go ahead and beat the volcano, but you can definitely go for four islands on your first run.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Just recently started playing this. Is there a reason to go straight to endgame after completing two islands? It seems like an odd convention.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    Just recently started playing this. Is there a reason to go straight to endgame after completing two islands? It seems like an odd convention.

Weaker enemies, achievement, etc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »

The difficulty ramps depending on how many islands you've beaten.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The devs said that half the team (one person) really liked short games, where you make a few meaningful choices, get a few new weapons, and then do the endgame, and the other half of the team (also one person) liked being able to trick out your mechs, upgrade all the numbers, before doing endgame. They couldn't decide on which way to go, so they just decided to leave both as options for the player. None of the 2-, 3-, or 4-island victories are more "real" than others; they're all equally valid and supported.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The devs said that half the team (one person) really liked short games, where you make a few meaningful choices, get a few new weapons, and then do the endgame, and the other half of the team (also one person) liked being able to trick out your mechs, upgrade all the numbers, before doing endgame. They couldn't decide on which way to go, so they just decided to leave both as options for the player. None of the 2-, 3-, or 4-island victories are more "real" than others; they're all equally valid and supported.

It's also, in itself, a strategic decision. If you have a really good run in your first two islands and get powerful equipment, you've outpaced the difficulty curve for the run and it's probably a good idea to cash out while you're ahead. If all you got was the +Grid Def pilot, well...maybe try another island.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I also look at the bosses and the Overlord type (I forget the name; it's the floaty blob enemy that buffs enemies). Exploding web guys? No thank you.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Picking which boss you're going to deal with early is also part of the strategy. The buff blob is not something you want to be fighting when 3/4 of the enemies are elite versions on island 4.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    While not ItB relates, I’m going to give FTL another shot. Wish me luck!

Besides, several people have discovered the joy that is this game, so bumping the thread probably won’t hurt

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    A FTL/InTB mashup where you fight boarding actions with the mechanics from Into the Breach..would either suck or be a hell of a game.

• Options
    I’m honestly surprised neither FTL or ItB are on mobile devices. I’m guessing it’s a lack of resources, support, or too much work in creating a compatible UI.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    There's an iOS version of FTL. It doesn't really work on phones, though, because it's too hard to click on crew members on any screen smaller than an iPad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I’m honestly surprised neither FTL or ItB are on mobile devices. I’m guessing it’s a lack of resources, support, or too much work in creating a compatible UI.

I've been playing ItB on a 10 inch Windows tablet (Surface Go). It's not a 100% perfect experience (lots of tapping things to see their card, then tapping a blank area of the screen to clear the selection), but it's extremely playable. Highly recommend.

Frem on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    ITB is on Switch, but it somehow is not on iOS or Android which is a shame. I wonder if the experience of porting FTL to those ecosystems soured the devs on the process.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    ITB is on Switch, but it somehow is not on iOS or Android which is a shame. I wonder if the experience of porting FTL to those ecosystems soured the devs on the process.

I don't think FTL ever came to Android.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Orogogus wrote: »
    FTL never came to Android because it was written in C++ and wouldn't directly port over.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    FTL never came to Android because it was written in C++ and wouldn't directly port over.

...you can definitely write C++ NDK applications on Android, though?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE...

...and get the Advanced Edition for free...

...and rescue the islands onetwelve more times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8DCsU8MJxE

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Oh wow, that’s great! I loved that game.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Oh wow, that’s great! I loved that game.

It's one of the few games I've ever kept on my computer to fire up when I have a half hour to kill but can't get too deep into something.

• Options
    Junelight ButterflyJunelight Butterfly Registered User regular
    I had no idea this was coming! Super cool, looking forward to solving tactical puzzles to an awesome soundtrack again.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Advanced Edition is live, at least on Switch.

• Options
    Well, time for my daughter to learn about tactical mech combat. Also that it's daddy's turn to play the Switch.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Advanced Edition is live, at least on Switch.

Looks like it's up on Steam too.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Oh no I'm back to being bad at this.
    Three missions in before the grid couldn't take any more of my bumbling idiocy.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I go to go back exactly once in this game, and haven't done that since. Might be time to try again as this was a really good tactics game (that I realized way too late was also a roguelike and failing was okay).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Junelight ButterflyJunelight Butterfly Registered User regular
    Last played this a couple years ago and it's a bit rough going back in. An unfortunate number of timelines have been abandoned, but let's not focus on that! The new Bombermechs squad seems really fun (Exchange Mech is my fave!) and I'm already boggling over all the new possibilities that have been introduced in this update.

Love this game and it's still a joy to play.

• Options
    Mist Eaters is an interesting group. Kind of hard to do a lot of damage with... but oh BOY do they fuck with the Vek in new and exciting ways.

Their science mech is diabolical, in particular.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Hey, protip: the new AP cannon (features in the Bombermechs) can use buildings as the first non-damage target. Extremely useful.