As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Death Stranding

-Tal-Tal Registered User regular
People have created "Walls" and become accustomed to living in isolation. Death Stranding is a completely new type of action game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated cities and a fragmented society. It is created so that all elements, including the story and gameplay, are bound together by the theme of the "Strand" or connection. As Sam Porter Bridges, you will attempt to bridge the divides in society, and in doing create new bonds or "Strands" with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you'll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

PNk1Ml4.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Also Conan O'Brien wears an otter hat

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    you will be ashamed of your words + deeds

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will absolutely not come to understand shit I guarantee

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Brolo wrote: »

Easiest prediction in history, Kojima.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brolo wrote: »

TOO LATE, KOJIMA!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    what if I were ashamed of my words but not my deeds

like I cure cancer but also I said Princess Bride was bad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am ashamed I am not the Diehardman

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Something with the parts of speech in the title not matching up with each other or something is driving me crazy

And the talk of the strands and linking them together sounds a lot like connecting towns, which sounds like most open world adventure games

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    After playing MGSV for a long time, I unlocked a good costume for Quiet where she put some clothes on and looked rather badass.
    then she died like 20 minutes later, so fuck me I guess

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I watched the launch trailer and I still don't know what this fucking thing is about

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    This looks likethe most kojima bullshit and I am
    Here
    For
    It!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I watched the launch trailer and I still don't know what this fucking thing is about

It's about strands.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

The world has been transformed by the mysterious event known as the Death Stranding, which resulted in America becoming a wasteland haunted by mysterious ghostly creatures, with only a few isolated underground cities left. The remnant of the American government is desperately trying to reconnect these cities, and tasks you, Sam Porter Bridges, to deliver crucial packages and connect the cities to something called the Chiral Network, with the ultimate goal of re-establishing America. Along the way, you will have to contend with the harsh natural landscape, the mysterious ghostly creatures, and human groups that wish to keep their cities independent.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Norman Reedus should have to have his dong out with the excuse being that he breathes through it.

• Options
    I checked out of the trailers the second it started to look like it had an actual story and characters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Norman Reedus should have to have his dong out with the excuse being that he breathes through it.

I full expect dude to hang dong in this. First trailer was my man buckass naked on a beach. If they didn't model his entire hog, what even was the point of this whole thing

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I predict that there is absolutely no depiction of bare human penis in Death Stranding

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    When they inevitably rip the Norman Reedus Peeing Model out of the files there will be a model of Kojima's face there instead of a peepee

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

It's about strands.

Strands of life
    Strands of death
    Strands of betrayal
    Strands of friendship
    Strands of regret
    Strands of revenge

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

It's impressive that they managed to make a "launch trailer" lengthy enough to almost be a short film yet be meandering and barely comprehensible.

• Options
    A model of Kojimas face with extensive animations, he shrivels in the cold, he purses his lips and lets it rip when Norman needs potty

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I don't know if I can deal with any more weird Kojima bullshit.

RT800 on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I am going to play the ever loving shit out of this

Me & norman reedus & a fetus in a bottle. peeing on things, shooting ghosts, chilling with Guillermo Del Toro. Hell yes.

• Options
    In a little over a week I will unlock the secrets of Die Hardman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    After playing MGSV for a long time, I unlocked a good costume for Quiet where she put some clothes on and looked rather badass.
    then she died like 20 minutes later, so fuck me I guess

Suffocated, I assume

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    this Stranding looks def

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm 100% on board with Kojima stupid kind of bull shit, but I get the feeling that the gameplay for this is going to be real fucking boring and tedious.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    When they inevitably rip the Norman Reedus Peeing Model out of the files there will be a model of Kojima's face there instead of a peepee

Just all this piss coming out of Kojima's mouth

• Options
    Premeir DLC All This Piss

• Options

if you don't use all the hashtags it doesn't count

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    What games actually have dong in it?

I know that Conan game does on the PC and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey has statue dongs.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Red Dead did I think.

Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I predict that there is absolutely no depiction of bare human penis in Death Stranding

Of course not, that would be barbaric.

It's wearing a jaunty hat, and finding other hats is one of the main collectible quests in the game.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I suppose it’s still a little too early to ask what the playtime of this is supposed to be like?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

Awwwww

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I suppose it’s still a little too early to ask what the playtime of this is supposed to be like?

There's a part where you have to wait for a 38 year old man to die of old age so roughly... 62 years

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Gotta be honest, my excitement has cooled a bit for this since I still have no clue what this is even close to being and I don't want to spend video game money on what may very well not be a video game?

I might just wait a bit.

• Options
    I'm VERY interested but there's no way I'm buying it before I get some opinions from people who have played it.